Duping is rampant in USA servers now.

Quote from brx

If you think the limit of 250 have been chosen completely by luck and not by a lot a reflexion backed by both sociology, economics, the understanding of the whiny player base and probably one thousand other things you would not be bring that up. Plus the fact that the tax is a fixed %.
    There is no difference between 1 item at 500$ or 2 at 250$ (see what I did there? still for the sake of the joke don't answer that this time either.)

I would assume it was in part due to their (Blizzard's) desire to allow the GAH to remain viable. Many items exceed the $250 value, thus people opt to exchange it for trade via the GAH. Again, a move that contradicts many theories that Blizz's sole intent is to funnel people directly through the RMAH.

Also, there may be some electronic trade laws/tax laws in play here. Whatever the reason, I doubt the figure of $250 is wholly arbitrary.
    BurningRope#1322
    Quote from ruksak

Quote from brx

If you think the limit of 250 have been chosen completely by luck and not by a lot a reflexion backed by both sociology, economics, the understanding of the whiny player base and probably one thousand other things you would not be bring that up. Plus the fact that the tax is a fixed %.
    There is no difference between 1 item at 500$ or 2 at 250$ (see what I did there? still for the sake of the joke don't answer that this time either.)

I would assume it was in part due to their (Blizzard's) desire to allow the GAH to remain viable. Many items exceed the $250 value, thus people opt to exchange it for trade via the GAH. Again, a move that contradicts many theories that Blizz's sole intent is to funnel people directly through the RMAH.

Also, there may be some electronic trade laws/tax laws in play here. Whatever the reason, I doubt the figure of $250 is wholly arbitrary.

My point is 250 is the most profitable pick from blizzard to do business.
    "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever." Shigeru Miyamoto-nintendo boss

"I think it's hilarious because gamers won't be getting watered down anything.
    This is flat out Diablo 3." -Anonymous discussing the console version
    Quote from brx

Quote from ruksak

Quote from brx

roflol

No its not, $250 is the max amount they could do without jumping through several different legal loopholes. Bash posted about this ages ago, not sure if the post still exists.
    Quote from ruksak

Quote from mannercookie

Blizzard really needs to clarify the situation.

No. They don't.

Opinions.
    Quote from Azidonis

Quote from ruksak

Quote from mannercookie

No. They don't.

Opinions.

Imagine that. Opinions on a discussion forum.
    BurningRope#1322
    Quote from AudioCG

Quote from brx

Quote from ruksak

Quote from brx

roflol

No its not, $250 is the max amount they could do without jumping through several different legal loopholes. Bash posted about this ages ago, not sure if the post still exists.

I stand correct as thoses legal issues and the exploitation of thoses loop holes would have cost money. It is simple math in the end. Bottom line is they make 15% on legit item as they do on duped items.
    "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever." Shigeru Miyamoto-nintendo boss

Quote from ruksak

Quote from Azidonis

Quote from ruksak

Quote from mannercookie

No. They don't.

Opinions.

Imagine that. Opinions on a discussion forum.

sarcasm
    nope

Quote from brx

I stand correct as thoses legal issues and the exploitation of thoses loop holes would have cost money. It is simple math in the end. Bottom line is they make 15% on legit item as they do on duped items.

I have to ask; How is it that you've arrived at the conclusion that Blizz stands to make more money with the existence of dupes? With or without dupes, there are vast quantities of high-tier items for sale via their sanctioned RMAH.

All that they would stand to accomplish by allowing these duplicate items to exist, in the long run, is lose money by way of several factors.

Your whole driving point here is both absurd and not very well thought out.
    BurningRope#1322
    Quote from brx

Learn to understand the point, the punch and the sarcasm and differentiate them of each others.
    Focus, people.

What then exactly was you point? Did you not say that Blizzard gains money from the RMAH sell of dupes or was that some sarcastic side comment (because that was what I basically responded to)? Before you suggest that people learn to understand your point, maybe you should also try to make your point more clear so that it even is understandable. :) The best way to get your point through is to think that the readers are idiots and therefore you must use as few and concise sentences as possible.

About the duping, I still don't think there is any other way to dupe items than rollbacks. It is the easiest explanation to the gem price drops and the relatively small amount of duped items. Or if there is some other way, it is a very time consuming and inefficient one. I just do not believe that greed would not overcome the person who figures out a way to duplicate items at will. If I could make 100 copies of an item worth $250 (or even more), I'd be pretty tempted to get rid of them ASAP before Blizzard patches something and possibly destroys the items (or the dupe method). The duping method itself would be worth a lot of money too, so if one existed, I think it would be likely it would be sold to anyone willing to pay enough for it.

I think Blizzard should make an official announcement about this situation. Of course they should not reveal any details but some kind of response is in order because there clearly is some kind of duping being done (or was done in the past). Of course, I have no idea what they could say which would improve the current situation but as their customer, I'd like to have some official word on the dupes and the severity of the problem.
    Correct me if I m wrong. Every item has an ID/drm. Dupes ID's can only exist for a certain amount of time before being deleted and investigated. When you put an item into the AH the ID will be checked and if the ID is existing twice it will be listed as processing and be investigated.
    The system is pretty good and i have not heard or read about people that had dupes bought of the ah and that disappeared..

Stop speculating about Asia, its a completely different environment.. People with WoW accounts can play d3 for free and there are trial accounts and whatnot thus making it much easier to test hacks and exploit the hell out of the game..
    So another quick update for you guys here if you aren't following the bnet thread.

More and MORE items are continuously being added to the list and the DUPERS are actually paying attention to our threads and reacting faster than blizzard is (This is REALLY sad)

Dupers we were suspcious of have already dumped and emptied all their 2b++ items.

I expect to see multiple copies soon on the AH/RMAH.

Blizzard is doing a great job!

http://us.battle.net...04017309?page=8

edit: diablofans making a post on main page would sure speed up blizzard's response I would say......
    To be honest, this entire issue would really matter if the person(s) you were talking to cared about the AH as much as you do. I know there are many folks out there that care about it but maybe there are more folks out there that have not entered into the 1% group of gold rich folks that can actually utilize the AH. In the end the take I glean from this thread is, there is no such "rampant" problem but there is a looming problem that as with the gem issues early on, will be resolved quietly by Blizzard Secondly, there are just not enough people who care about the AH to really want to spend the time running with this issue back to the B.net forums...
    "There is no cow level!"
    Quote from Syronicus

To be honest, this entire issue would really matter if the person(s) you were talking to cared about the AH as much as you do. I know there are many folks out there that care about it but maybe there are more folks out there that have not entered into the 1% group of gold rich folks that can actually utilize the AH. In the end the take I glean from this thread is, there is no such "rampant" problem but there is a looming problem that as with the gem issues early on, will be resolved quietly by Blizzard Secondly, there are just not enough people who care about the AH to really want to spend the time running with this issue back to the B.net forums...

Very possible, nonetheless, I just don't want a game I like to play to go to shit.

I am giving away 100,000,000 IGG in USA-SC, to the last bumper of this thread before a blue post.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004448507
    Quote from mannercookie

Quote from Syronicus

Very possible, nonetheless, I just don't want a game I like to play to go to shit.

I am giving away 100,000,000 IGG in USA-SC, to the last bumper of this thread before a blue post.

http://us.battle.net...opic/7004448507

I can respect that and hope for your sake then that Blizzard does for this duping what they did with the gems.
    "There is no cow level!"
    we all get 2 perma dupe.
    you buy a dupe account ($5 online per copy)
    and you self-hack yourself
    report hacked account to Blizz
    They will roll back your items and gold (99% bot, Blizz employees actually do not monitor this)

gg you just doubled your item for cost of $5.
    since you can do this twice per account...
    Just think about it
    I am planning to buy an IK chest piece in the RMAH, just waiting for my $$ to go through. I see 2 chests that have high vit that are the same and a 3rd one similar it just has different numbers in the bottom right hand corner. All of these items are in the $90-$120 price range which I do not mind as I need a good chest piece and am willing to pay.

What is the deal here with these duplicates, are these legit? I don't want to lose my money.

* just do a search IK chests, then click 'by strength'.

- strength
    - vitality 260
    Quote from mannercookie

I have no idea why 80% of this thread is people arguing over my use of the word "rampant".

I used "rampant" to stress the point that this is an issue that needs to be dealt with before it actually becomes literally "rampant".

The word 'rampant' does not have a metaphorical usage. I really don't know how you could make a thread with that title and not expect it to be taken up by people arguing over the word 'rampant'.

If you deliberately exaggerate your assertions in order to draw attention to your opinion, that's functionally indistinguishable from trolling, even if done in good faith.
    Please, don't necro old threads when you want to ask something, create a new thread - specially when it's only remotely related to the thread subject.

I'm going to lock this one.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes