Duping is rampant in USA servers now.

Hi,

I recently started a thread on d2jsp and battlenet forums (barbarian section) after noticing something really unusual about how an item's auction ended.

A fellow barb I played with literally said to me before the auction ends, to not lose it to dupers and make sure I win it, lol. This mace I'm not sure will be duped yet and might've gone to someone who really wanted it but nonetheless I started looking into the matter and the results were really disturbing.

I don't have 10 posts so I'm not able to link urls on here

but there is a thread I started in both the d2jsp forusm (under diablo 3 > general discussions) and in the battlenet forums (under barbarian forums).

Both threads were made by me with same ID (Mannercookie), they are not hard to find if someone wants to look and post those threads on here in hopes that diablofans mods might take a notice and possibly investigate further and release what they find onto the main page.

This is a huge issue and if it's not stopped soon, the USA-AH servers are gonna turn into what the ASIA-AH servers have become.
    http://forums.d2jsp....t=65222330&f=68

edit: d2jsp = retard forum ffs
    Quote from GroentjeBE

edit: d2jsp = retard forum ffs

it is, you should link the battle.net thread as well, less trolls there.
    Did quick scan for it but no luck.

edit: battle.net = retard forum ffs
    your theory does not make much sense. if someone wanted it for duping but there was another item up that was better for cheaper they could have just bought that one and duped it making increased profits.

although i do realize duping is a huge problem. whoever started duping first i wonder how much money they have made. maybe 20 thousand + dollars i would not be surprised
    Quote from _Kannon

your theory does not make much sense. if someone wanted it for duping but there was another item up that was better for cheaper they could have just bought that one and duped it making increased profits.

Mayb the better one was allready duped one from same guy...
    battlenet link: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004017309
    it is rampant everywhere bro and still blizz has done nothing about it ... i for myself am rly pissed coz my gear cost up to 400 mil gold pre dupe season now it barely cost 150 mil gold : /
    Duping in d3 is taboo, because always online DRM made the diablo franchise hack-proof of course.
    "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever." Shigeru Miyamoto-nintendo boss

"I think it's hilarious because gamers won't be getting watered down anything.
    This is flat out Diablo 3." -Anonymous discussing the console version
    There is no duping going on with items. If someone would know how to dupe items there would be many good items out in the market but there really arent so there definitely ain't any duping going on. It's just a myth.
    Quote from Taisto

There is no duping going on with items. If someone would know how to dupe items there would be many good items out in the market but there really arent so there definitely ain't any duping going on. It's just a myth.

there are many good items out on the market. have you even seen asian servers? there are some items that are owned by 40+ people im talking near top world weapons and set items. prices of gems has been as low as 100k for max lvl gems over there.

the only reason its not every single item is duped hundreds or thousands of times is because the method is not released to the general public for every single noob to do it 24/7
    If duping was "rampant", we wouldn't be arguing about it, would we?

It is a very isolated issue, typically only occurring due to the roll-back scam or the double drop bug.

I really wish these alarmists would bring more evidence to the table before crying wolf.
    BurningRope#1322
    Quote from ruksak

It is a very isolated issue, typically only occurring due to the roll-back scam or the double drop bug.

I really wish these alarmists would bring more evidence to the table before crying wolf.

There is plenty of evidence of duping that we posted up, the whole mace issue just led to me investigating the matter and finding disgusting results.

There is a scrshots of 4x IDENTICAL Lacuni Prawlers being up on the GAH, RMAH at the EXACT same time.

I won't post everything from the other threads (especially jsp thread, which is filled with 13 year olds who sit around troll all day) but here are the scrshots that were taken after everything.

(Can't post scrshots since I don't have 10 posts, if someone wants to look through battle.net or JSP threads and post the scrshots here would appreciate it)

The battle.net thread is much less clutter and has better information.
    Quote from ruksak

Don't be so naive.
    http://www.diabloprogress.com/item/13699325
    http://www.diabloprogress.com/item/12972269

Double drop is one thing, but 15 drop? 15 rollbacks?
    Quote from mannercookie

Quote from ruksak

There is plenty of evidence of duping that we posted up, the whole mace issue just led to me investigating the matter and finding disgusting results.

There is a scrshots of 4x IDENTICAL Lacuni Prawlers being up on the GAH, RMAH at the EXACT same time.

I won't post everything from the other threads (especially jsp thread, which is filled with 13 year olds who sit around troll all day) but here are the scrshots that were taken after everything.

(Can't post scrshots since I don't have 10 posts, if someone wants to look through battle.net or JSP threads and post the scrshots here would appreciate it)

Yet you still don't seem to understand.

There are many millions of players. If duping was anywhere close to the dictionary definition of "rampant"......there would be no discussion as to whether there is a serious problem.

We would be seeing countless thousands of duplicate items.

HUNDRED or THOUSANDS........not 15....or 2....or 6....or 20.....HUNDREDS or THOUSANDS

These are rollbacks. It starts by getting two of one item via roll back. Slide it to a friend....rollback....now there's 4......slide it to a friend....rollback....now there's 8.

Eventually you run out of friends and it stops.
    BurningRope#1322
    Quote from ThisYOUniverse

Quote from ruksak

Don't be so naive.
    http://www.diablopro...m/item/13699325
    http://www.diablopro...m/item/12972269

Double drop is one thing, but 15 drop? 15 rollbacks?

Wow...15. That's almost 16.

It's not an issue of my.....*uhum... naivety. I am just being reasonable while some others are being....let's call them 'less than reasonable'.

See my above post. This issue isn't "rampant". There is no method for duplicating an item purposely aside from these bottom-feeding scum whom take advantage of a well meaning customer service avenue to profit.
    BurningRope#1322
    Quote from ruksak

Quote from mannercookie

Quote from ruksak

Yet you still don't seem to understand.

There are many millions of players. If duping was anywhere close to the dictionary definition of "rampant"......there would be no discussion as to whether there is a serious problem.

We would be seeing countless thousands of duplicate items.

HUNDRED or THOUSANDS........not 15....or 2....or 6....or 20.....HUNDREDS or THOUSANDS

These are rollbacks. It starts by getting two of one item via roll back. Slide it to a friend....rollback....now there's 4......slide it to a friend....rollback....now there's 8.

Eventually you run out of friends and it stops.

First off I noticed duped items a month ago and so did many other players, I assumed what you did someone just rolledback duped whatever, then I didn't really notice for a while since wasn't shopping much gear.

Recently when I finallly started upgrading with the gold I had farmed, I end up picking up two duped items without knowing they were duped since the method in which they were sold was a bit more sophisticated(5 of the same items weren't listed together at different prices) + I was probably one of the first buyers.

If nothing is done about this soon, it will become RAMPANT and out of control, I should've posted something like this a month ago but now I'm really sure the dupers from Asia servers have migrated to the USA servers.

Also I was told blizzard is very strict about rollbacks, I'm quite sure they will not roll back a group of friends with similar items over and over again, but I truly hope that blizzard made a simple error as this and that duping is actually not going on.

SOMEONE with 10 posts post my scrshots from last night?

(Edit: on third page of jsp thread, first+2nd page of battle.net thread)
    Duping can be and is a problem but let's not make a mountain out of a mole hill here. There may seem to be a small amount of it on the auctions but it does not look to be a huge issue. Sadly, with the issue being so slight there will be little notice taken by Blizzard but at the moment we can at least be thankful for a small amount of this.

My question to the OP is, have you contacted Blizzard? And if so, what was their reply. If you did in the other forums I apologize, I can't view them on the computer I am on at the moment.
    "There is no cow level!"
    Quote from ruksak

Are we arguing semantics? I think not. If this subject is taboo and too much for your feeling just don't come and read it jeez.
    "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever." Shigeru Miyamoto-nintendo boss

"I think it's hilarious because gamers won't be getting watered down anything.
    This is flat out Diablo 3." -Anonymous discussing the console version
    Man... If rolling back wasn't such a pain in the ass I would be doing it non stop... So, if there is a simpler way to duplicate items, I think we would see like ruksak said, hundreds or thousands of one item. Fifteen people with the same item, that doesn't seem hard to believe. Seeing four of the exact same item on the AH one day, rollback probably. Until I see pages and pages of the exact same godlike item, duping is not rampant.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes