My hardcore achievement

Hey all,

I have cleared hardcore yesterday and wanted to share some info with you. I know that it is not a big deal anymore and many people have done it so this is not a bagging or epeen thread, but I did it with some additional rules of my own for more fun and challenge and here it is:

1. One attempt only. Had I lost a character, I would've never created a new one. I chose a monk, cause I never had one in softcore. (http://eu.battle.net...5/hero/20304163)
    2. No farming. I have only moved forward and never went back to farm a location I have cleared before.
    3. No AH flipping. Sure I used the AH to sell what I found and buy new gear, but I have never purchased an item cheap to sell it high.
    4. No AH sniping. And what I mean by that is that when I needed to buy an item I just went to the AH and got the best deal that was currently availaable. I didn't wait for it, didn't bid any items, just go - search - buy now.

So here are some fun facts about my clear:
    - I have gotten to inferno middle of act 2 in 1.0.4, and cleared the rest in 1.0.5.
    - found ONE legendary on my way. (complete piece of crap, ilvl 60)
    - 1,531 elite kills - this is the number you get for full game clear, with some random dungeons on the way, but zero farming.
    - Ghom is the hardest part of the game.
    - 2 near death experiences :D (both in act 2 inferno)
    - 4 disconnects, including 2 in inferno and one right next to elites - luckily all were in act 1, so no big deal
    - once I hit lvl 60, I had 1.2kk gold that I made just from picking it up and selling gear I have found on my own.
    - I still have 1.8kk gold after finishing the game
    - found this on my way (still not sold, currently listing it @ 300kk)
    godly amulet.jpg

To sum it all up, it is possible to go through all the content without ever stopping to farm and do it with a class you never played before. I'm pretty sure many of you think that a real challenge would be to do it with self found gear only and I cannot agree more - but I'll try that another time maybe ;)

Cheers!
    Grats man well done :)
    Wow, this is crazy. I try hardcore every once in a while, but I could never do that. Congratz!

Btw, there's a hardcore forum - if people complain, it's probably because you should've posted there: http://www.diablofans.com/forum/86-hardcore-discussion/ ;-)

About your rules: I don't get the first one. So what if you died? Quit D3? Go back to softcore? Not many people start a second attempt anyways - especially when you rip on later levels, lots of people quit hardcore (at least for a certain amount of time) anyways.

I like rules 2-4 - actually, I applied the same rules when I leveled my characters up. I wanted to experience the full game, and not bypass content. Although after leveling 2 classes to 60 and thus completing all acts and quests 6 times, I'm now finished with that and my next class will be pushed to 60 by my friends ;-) However, that's softcore. All these rules are probably much more difficult to follow on hardcore... impressive.

- once I hit lvl 60, I had 1.2kk gold that I made just from picking it up and selling gear I have found on my own.
    - I still have 1.8kk gold after finishing the game
    - found this on my way (still not sold, currently listing it @ 300kk)

Firstly: 300m for this awesome amulet? It's out of my range anyways, but I think on softcore you would get billions if you have some patience - at least on EU. Is it just HC AH where prices are a bit lower?

Secondly:
    Congratulations on clearing Inferno, now try it on a higher Monster Power level. ;)

Before 1.05 your "no farming" rule would have made it impossible though, unless you got extremely lucky with some insane drops and then bought really good gear from the AH. Me and my friends only got up to Act III before the patch, but we're now comfortably clearing MP3 - although my Barbarian needs more DPS...

@Bagstone: Hardcore prices are significantly lower than softcore prices and the number of items on the hardcore EU AH is also significantly lower (e.g. only 0 to 2 Immortal King chest armours on there at a time). I seriously doubt that he'll find a buyer for 300M for that amulet, simply because I don't think that there are more than a handful of people out there with that kind of money.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes