nerfing ww barbs again?

My buddy told me that he read a post saying blizz was looking at the balance of barbs....he said a nerf was coming but I can't find anywhere. Is it true?
    Bliz already stopped infinite berzerk barbs by less proc rates on the tornados.

If another nerf is coming, it has not been mentioned yet by any dev and your buddy is toying with you.

If they wanted to stop WW barbs they could have a long time ago. The fact that they are still here means blizz doesn't want the spec to go away, just harder to do.
    would be nice to nerf the runspeed they get by like 25% but thats just me.
    with dual wield infinite wrath is still possible.

when i farm most of the time i can keep wrath up all the time. and if it runs out, normally wrath is available again.

and actually, my ww-barb works better in 1.05, then in 1.04 :D

with dual wield infinite wrath is still possible.

when i farm most of the time i can keep wrath up all the time. and if it runs out, normally wrath is available again.

and actually, my ww-barb works better in 1.05, then in 1.04 :D

So true.... It just got little harder, need to spam alot more. Still easy though :Thumbs Up:
    The problem with WW-Tornado barbs was the huge amount of healing from LoH. Basically it made them immortal unless there was a huge damage spike. There's a more detailed blue post here: http://www.diablofan...lling-ww-barbs/

Apparently Blizzard doesn't view the fury generation and the resulting infinite WotB as a problem. Of course, that doesn't mean they wouldn't nerf it somehow in the future.
    It's always the same with all Blizzard games (at least in the last 10-15 years):

They look at the class/stats/skill/... distribution, and if there's a strong imbalance and it seems like most of the players are going into the same direction (i.e., playing the same class and spec), they will do something about this. People complain about "nerfing", but after all Blizzard just wants us to play all of the game, and not that 1% subset of what they created.

I have a wizard and a barb. After 1.05, I felt that the wizard is extremely versatile; while CMWW and Archon are still the two main cookie cutter builds, you can switch some spells or build interesting hybrids that are still viable and you don't lose that much dps/ehp. My barb, however, feels like a one-way-street: take ww+sprint+tornado and melt everything down. There's almost no variety.

Blizzard may not completely nerf these skills to the bottom, but they will certainly do something about it. We're at a point where people who get a certain achievement are kind of "meh" about it if was done by a WW barb - it takes 2 hours (if you have a friend) to level a barb to 60, 5m to equip him with Inferno act 3 gear, and then you've beaten the game.
    I hope so. I tried WW and its so terrible boring. I play my Rend Build since 1.0.4 and its still fun.

I hope so. I tried WW and its so terrible boring. I play my Rend Build since 1.0.4 and its still fun.

It is boring, made me make an alt DH just to play for fun from time to time. But boring or not it's still damn effective when it comes to farming.
    They havenĀ“t said anything about any more barb nerfs, but since we are still running the game faster and easier than everyone else we can either expect a nerf to barbs or a buff to everyone else

People like you are pathetic. If you don't want to play the spec don't bitch and ruin it for the people who do enjoy it considering it doesn't affect u at all.
    First of all infinite zerger is not going away cause with ww it's harder to keep up than a lot of other specs (read the ranged builds the hota builds etc can keep it up without a problem witohut having to do anything but play normal where as ww barbs have to spam sprint and still have to rely abit on luck when it comes to some bosses and movement)
    Second hota and such do more damage if mobs move a lot and if you use rend u also have more life regen than ww barbs so all it comes down to is how great ww barbs are for aoe and yes if geared correctly they also do insane dmg but it's far from as bad as people are making it when mobs move etc.

So why would people wish that a spec is ruined for other people just cause they don't enjoy it. I tried hota and yeah sure it's great even with dw but I just cba giving up the run speed of sprint cause the game feels so slow without it.

On a different note people saying barbs run the game faster and better than everyone else clearly have no idea about other classes. For instance monks have INSANE damage output and self buffs so yeah they don't have sprint but they can do just as much dmg and it's mostly aoe however with great single target focus. So really what it comes down to is people who think that sprint is op and they can't stand that their class can't run as fast
    F*ck yea dude, WW barbs FTW!
    What makes Whirlwin OP is that they can move freely through entire packs without any pathing issues. Nerf that and the spec is shit.
    I think your buddy fooled you :P
    Thanks. I just got the funds and turned my tank to a ww barb. He is doin. 107k damage buffed and I really enjoy the build. I kept my tank gear also for ubers. Seems to help much more than ww if I can let the super high dps ppl melt them while I keep them occupied :). I couldn't find any post relating to what my buddy told me but if they nerf ww barbs again its really goin to piss alot of ppl off. I mean having to worry about blizz constatnly nerfing ur build sucks as a player.
    I <3 WW spec if this goes so will alot of people. I don't think yet have any intentions of another barb nerf it's just speculation and roumours.
    There is no fun killing one mob at a time? That would be stupid in this game it's made or mass killing :)

What makes Whirlwin OP is that they can move freely through entire packs without any pathing issues. Nerf that and the spec is shit.

yeah sure, lets nerf what is fun blizzard :)

would be nice to nerf the runspeed they get by like 25% but thats just me.

agreed, imbalanced / not fair against other classes

This, I LOVE the new Rend.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/AudioCG-1473/hero/13476214
    People love whirlwind builds, the synergy is amazing, as is the critical mass wizard build synergies. These skill interactions is what makes games like this awesome, Blizzard knows that. Because of this I think it's more likely that other classes will receive buffs rather than barbs getting nerfed more. At least, I hope that is what happens.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes