Elites killed with 5 stacks N.V. not dropping...

Any rare loot. This has been happening much more in the last 2 days. It was my understanding that they would at least drop one, and that's certainly been my experience. Is this a bug or just really terrible RNG? Thanks.
    Quote from Wonderpants

Any rare loot. This has been happening much more in the last 2 days. It was my understanding that they would at least drop one, and that's certainly been my experience. Is this a bug or just really terrible RNG? Thanks.

It's a bug if a elite pack does not drop a single rare with 5 NV. But I've never had that happen during the 250+ hours I've played. Are you sure you just didn't miss the rare? For example, if you kill the last monster in a doorway, the rare item might drop in the other room and not in the one you are in so you might not see the item unless you go check the other side of the door. Other one might be that you had 4 NV before the kill and then thought you had 5 already.

If you are 100% sure you didn't get the rare drop when you should have, you should report that to Blizzard. Maybe they'll look into it if enough people report about it.
    I've noticed this happening when I went from 4 stacks to 5 stacks especially when it was a yellow mob I was killing. I've yet to notice it with 5 stacks except for one time this weekend I killed a rare with 5 stacks of NV and received no loot what so ever. :/
    I have NEVER had that happen to me either, and I've got 300+ hours.

Here's a common scenario that happens and players mistake it as a bug:

You have 4 stacks of NV.
    You kill an elite mob, and now have 5 stacks of NV.
    No rare items dropped.

This is working as intended. Like the post above, if you are 100% sure that you had 5 NV stacks PRIOR to killing the elite pack, and no rare dropped, submit it to Blizzard. I cannot vouch for this bug, nor can anyone I know.
    Quote from Hurdj2585

I've noticed this happening when I went from 4 stacks to 5 stacks especially when it was a yellow mob I was killing. I've yet to notice it with 5 stacks except for one time this weekend I killed a rare with 5 stacks of NV and received no loot what so ever. :/

When you kill your 5th elite pack in a run, you're not guaranteed a rare item. You get the 5th NV stack *after* the kill and *after* the loot is determined. In the one rare case that happened to you this weekend there was probably something else. Was it a rare or an elite? Rares (violet name plate) don't necessarily drop a rare item, even with NV5. Was it a yellow or blue ("champion") elite? Sometimes you miss one of the champions, and since you're already at NV5 you don't really see if you killed all of them - you can only be sure once you get a rare/legendary drop.
    Quote from Bagstone

When you kill your 5th elite pack in a run, you're not guaranteed a rare item. You get the 5th NV stack *after* the kill and *after* the loot is determined. In the one rare case that happened to you this weekend there was probably something else. Was it a rare or an elite? Rares (violet name plate) don't necessarily drop a rare item, even with NV5. Was it a yellow or blue ("champion") elite? Sometimes you miss one of the champions, and since you're already at NV5 you don't really see if you killed all of them - you can only be sure once you get a rare/legendary drop.

I understand that I don't have 5 NV til after the loot was determined. It was no issue for me as I figured that was the reason. As far as the other issue when I had 5 stacks, it was a yellow mob that I killed. I killed it going through a door way. Nothing on either side. Maybe it fell off the map. Who knows. Not really complaining. Just sharing my experience from this weekend.
    I noticed a champion pack of subjugators spawning in one of the A4 side dungeons will never drop any loot at all, at least it didn't for the 3 times I encountered it so far. It adds a NV stack, though. Maybe there are other packs with a similar issue?
    All that makes sense. As far as I can tell I'm already rocking the 5 stacks, and killed all the elites in the pack, but as for falling off the map, I guess I wouldn't be able to tell. I'll keep an extra eye on it from now on. I mentioned it because in the hundreds of hours I've played it appears to be a new phenomenon. Thanks for the input, ya'll.
    Quote from K√ľken

I noticed a champion pack of subjugators spawning in one of the A4 side dungeons will never drop any loot at all, at least it didn't for the 3 times I encountered it so far. It adds a NV stack, though. Maybe there are other packs with a similar issue?

I remember back in the day when this game was young and I was farming Act 1 that some mobs that spawned from the floor in the Cathedral never dropped any loot if they were champs. But that's probably fixed already. Highly annoying bug still. :)
    Quote from Hurdj2585

there's one additional reason for not getting any loot at all and that's when facing a blue pack and you don't kill all of them. This issue is known to occur when facing the fire-spitting birds in Act III and borrowers in Act I, they're hiding and only gets "activated" when getting close enough.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes