CD / CC amount ?

So , 1 month ago I sow a video wich was saying something about amount of critical hit chance and critical hit dmg that you have , so you can pull the most out of your dps , and I forgot the numbers , so does anyone know what amount of critica hit dmg I need to have on 50 critical hit chance ? ( DH )
    Quote from kebapmanager

So , 1 month ago I sow a video wich was saying something about amount of critical hit chance and critical hit dmg that you have , so you can pull the most out of your dps , and I forgot the numbers , so does anyone know what amount of critica hit dmg I need to have on 50 critical hit chance ? ( DH )
    Quote from kebapmanager

The rule of thumb is to have a 1/10 ratio between crit chance and crit dmg.

10% crit chance
    100% crit dmg

Etc.
    Oh ,nice , ok tnx alot :D
    Quote from kebapmanager

So , 1 month ago I sow a video wich was saying...

Just so you know for future reference, it's spelt saw and which, and also, commas are added directly after the last word without a space in between, and then a space is added after it before the next word. The same applies for fullstops as well.
    Quote from Puttah

Quote from kebapmanager

So , 1 month ago I sow a video wich was saying...

Just so you know for future reference, it's spelt saw and which, and also, commas are added directly after the last word without a space in between, and then a space is added after it before the next word. The same applies for fullstops as well.
    Spelled*
    Oooooook :o, let me try again:
    So, 1 month ago I saw a video which was saying something about amount of critical hit chance and critical hit dmg that you have, so you can pull the most out of your dps, and I forgot the numbers, so does anyone know what amount of critica hit dmg I need to have on 50 critical hit chance? ( DH )

is it good now :D?
    Quote from Gallowbraided
    Spelled*

Both are correct outside of the US.

Quote from kebapmanager

Oooooook :o, let me try again:
    So, 1 month ago I saw a video which was saying something about amount of critical hit chance and critical hit dmg that you have, so you can pull the most out of your dps, and I forgot the numbers, so does anyone know what amount of critica hit dmg I need to have on 50 critical hit chance? ( DH )

is it good now :D?

Way better :)
    For every crit chance get 10 crit damage.
    i dont want to go lower then 550 CD and i capped Crit at 51%
    Stacking AS atm to aply the crits faster.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/IcyInsanity-2604/hero/197375
    I run 54.5% crit chance, but I don't think it'll be easy for me to reach 540% crit damage :[

I run 389%. Good for me right now unless I can get 2-3 billion gold and grab a fast 1-hand weapon with fat crit damage, intel, life steal and a socket. Not happening anytime soon.
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    Yah im at 48%/380, getting another 100 CD would be really tough.

Is this a general rule of thumb or only applies to DH, casue I play WD.
    Id like to see some math about that rule of the thumb, because of reasons.
    As a rule of thumb you shouldn't follow people's rules of thumb, especially when those make no sense whatsoever.

Get as much as you can. Just calculate the DPS gain per gold invested in the item and try to maximize that and you'll be good to go. As long as you know how to use a calculator and use the AH and actually have the patience to do it. If you don't, then just buy random stuff and you'll be just as good as all those who follow the silly rules of thumb (even better if you only buy via bidding last 5 seconds, that way you rarely pay over-priced).
    Quote from GalZohar

As a rule of thumb you shouldn't follow people's rules of thumb, especially when those make no sense whatsoever.

Get as much as you can. Just calculate the DPS gain per gold invested in the item and try to maximize that and you'll be good to go. As long as you know how to use a calculator and use the AH and actually have the patience to do it. If you don't, then just buy random stuff and you'll be just as good as all those who follow the silly rules of thumb (even better if you only buy via bidding last 5 seconds, that way you rarely pay over-priced).

optimal is 1:10 ratio but its not something to aim for, you are correct about checking the calculator and see what's best but that doesnt mean 1:10 isnt good, its just not something you focus on

i think though that crit chance is always better to get because all classes have skills that dont work well with low crit chance
    Quote from GalZohar

What he said. Use a DPS calculator (like DiabloDPS.com) to calculate whether that ammy with more crit or the one with more crit dmg is better for you (just as an example).

Of course it also depends on what you're critting for. Is it for resource or just pure DPS?
    Quote from Gnarf

i think though that crit chance is always better to get because all classes have skills that dont work well with low crit chance

This.
    If you're a CMWW wizard just tanking ubers, you could (theoretically) go with 50% crit chance and 0% crit damage. No one would do that, but you get the idea.

About the math and where this "rule of thumb" comes from: when you load your character in a spreadsheet or dps analysis tool, you get a breakdown of "dps gain per stat". Depending on your gear, these values can vary a lot. However, for every piece of gear there are obviously limits for the specific values. Take for example amulet, on which you can get 100% crit damage and 10% crit chance. In most cases you're not super rich to get one with both, and you have to make a choice. If you are at 25% crit chance and 400% crit damage, you will gain much more dps by getting one with close to 10% crit chance and maybe just a high value of your main stat and some average damage. On the other hand, if you're at 40% crit chance and 200% crit damage, an amulet with close to 100% crit damage will provide you with a lot more dps than one with crit chance. But as was mentioned before - depending on your build you want to go for the crit chance nevertheless.

This was experienced by many people over and over again when comparing items and balancing their character's dps, and thus over time became the 10:1 rule of thumb. However, it is always good to do the math for every individual case by loading your character into a dps tool.
    Except prices don't correspond exactly to how much the stat is relative to the max stat. How much damage you would get from said stat corresponds much better to the item's price, but even that doesn't correspond very well due to the massive misunderstanding of most people regarding how much the stats are actually worth. If they did, you could just buy the most expensive item you can afford, but since some items cost less while giving you the same DPS you have to just use a calculator and forget about those "magic ratios" and/or "rules of thumb".
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes