Paragon level 100

Employment?

i did that in 2 weeks holiday you know...
    You are like this people who say "RMAH noob" when you see better items that you in profile ?

I was teasing ya. You have to expect such jealousy when posting a thread denoting an extraordinary accomplishment such as that.

Not sure if ironic, but in case you're not I fail to see whats so cool about ruining a couple weeks of vacations to turn off your brain and farm the same boring content over and over again. I mean if only the game was fun and not repetitive past the first 30min of a session..

It's a shame that people always find the most dull, repeatable and easy methods to play the game.

What's great about D3 is it can be what you want it to be, in terms of challenge . Some will choose to strap on max MF gear and repeatedly farm this nauseating "Alkaiser" route on the lowest possible difficulty for hours on end, every day.

Others (me) will go all over the game, all acts, on high MP levels for the fun of the challenge. Sometimes on Friday night I'll smoke a bowl and start act 1 from the Fallen Star quest and play all the way through Butcher on MP6 or 7.

Look me up on Diablo Progress. I'm the 1,967,386th highest rated Monk....and I really don't give a fuck if I ever climb this arbitrary, imaginary ladder to the top of no-life mountain.
    BurningRope#1322

It's a shame that people always find the most dull, repeatable and easy methods to play the game.

It's a shame when people don't accept what other people like to do and start being judgmental.

It's a shame when people don't accept what other people like to do and start being judgmental.

I'm not judging anyone. Don't be so dramatic. I gave my opinion. I also said "to each his own" in a post above.

I've said numerous times, I DO NOT give a shit what other people do so long as it doesn't affect my game.

When I said "it's a shame", I said so because I feel it is this sort of repetitious race to the top that causes otherwise good players to burn out and quit.
    BurningRope#1322

Not sure if ironic, but in case you're not I fail to see whats so cool about ruining a couple weeks of vacations to turn off your brain and farm the same boring content over and over again. I mean if only the game was fun and not repetitive past the first 30min of a session..

If you're getting bored (not an unreasonable assumption), play with some friends and turn it to MP8+. Much more enjoyable that way. Gives a good laugh when 3 out of 4 people explode from those stupid suicide bombers.
    Congratulation, you deserve it, alot of hard work I presume. /clap

But yeah I probably sound like a major jealous douche asshole, but that's just how I feel :P

In my opinion, there are many other people I could be more jealous of. By accomplishing this in 2 weeks, he just showed us that other people who play less (instead of 8h/day something like 2-3h/day) can achieve the same in 6-8 weeks, which is nice. 100 before XMAS is possible, yeah! Additionally, he shows that you don't need to have insane gear and farm MP5+, but you can get there with a bit of dedication, decent gear, on lower MPs and without bypassing 90% of the game (i.e., skipping 90% of loot).

Yeah, I probably should have rephrased that (and removed that I'm envious, just didn't want to sound like an even bigger ass). I'm not jealous at all with his achievement, I just meant I may seem jealous from that post. "but that's just how I feel" is aimed at the whole WW barb thing, not his achievement.

The thing about Diablo is that it's a game that doesn't require skill, just time. So achieving para 100 just shows us that you played 1000+ hours (just guessing) with one character for 6 months (+/- 5-6 hours a day).

Of course there's also the possibility of having a radiant star ruby in your helm (+30% more exp). You could be very lucky and struck gold early on in the game, thus getting the best gear early on. Taking playing breaks for a couple of weeks thus increasing the time required per day to level up. Also that you may have played 300-400hours before paragon was introduced etc etc

Regardless of the above, you still require a shitload of time to get this done.

I for one play to enjoy the game, I often switch skills/passives to try new things and if I like it I'll stick with it till maybe I get an item that has xx% more dmg for Lashing Tail Kick and I'll switch again. Sitting 5 hours a day playing Diablo like a zombie to achieve para 100 and not enjoying it (of course there's some that enjoy it, I just can't see how :D ), is not my cup of tee.

But yeah he at least probably didn't spend 100millions on the AH to uber his char (60k crit dmg on MP3 I saw in his vid) and this IS something worth noting.

That's not really fair. He had it on MP 3. Which any character with half decent gear could manage. The fact is, most people grinding for para 100 aren't doing so any higher than that, if even that high. The fact that he had a barb is inconsequential.

Well I haven't seen any other char go as fast through a level/map/the entire game than a WW barb. For instance this guy: he had 60k crit on MP3 with 480% crit dmg. This probably means he has half decent gear (far from the best. btw, why hasn't he linked his profile yet :P )

Your numbers are skewed because more people are playing barb than any other char, so naturally we see more Barbs at P100.

Fair enough, but i actually did try to find out what % of each class is played by the people. But even 44% between 5 classes are insanely high.

PS Just searched for a breakdown on %class played (could only find these & are from June. Paragon wasn't in yet, nerfs/buffs/patches etc):

- Reddit (1, 2) --> Survey of +/- 12000 redditors. Basically evenly spread at 20% each class as main. Also more than 50% said the DH is the most powerful yet only 14.4% of the total para 100 are DH. (I don't play the DH, so I don't know how they were buffed/nerfed, but they are still probably the strongest.) As far as I know are barbs' survivability far greater than DH and why most para 100 are barbs.

I farm at MP6. Because it's fun, I like the challenge and I sure as shit did not buy D3 with the plan to have the same boring EZ-mode grind that D2 was. So many people are doing these act 3 MP0/MP1 mf speed runs. Many of them are doing it all day long.

Yeah this I agree with, which is why his achievement is meh. I'm sure it wasn't a challenge at all for him, just very time consuming. When my chars are strong enough I'll start farming/playing at MP2-3 and take it from there.
    Gratz, im almost there myself. lvl 89 atm
    Well done mate!

One question. What was your exact route? Was it the usual Alkaizer route? I'm asking because I'm still not sure if it's worth it to go to Rakkis Crossing after a clear of Fields of Slaughter.

And congrats of course on Paragon 100.

It was alkaizer route but. After crater area 2 you can enter the door you check fast at left 90%
    time there is 1 elit + shrine, really good to do that. otherwise its alkaizer route 100%, you shouldnt touch it.

Edit:
    I didnt ruin 2 weeks, coz for me d3 is fun dont forget Paragon 100 isnt just leveling i did loot legendary and made cash while i did this...

About WW barb being easy to 100. Like someone said i just wanted to point that you can get my stats with 50m its a cheap barb not 5000m one. And it was PM3 its not like it was PM0.

This barb can go PM5 but as i said i wanted to farm XP + Legendary so the best and max PM was 3... (in PM 2 berzerk dont last forever in some situation)

If you really want to go more PM5++ you just get Skorn and remove thrives chaos for 3%LL touch nothing else you will do it finger in noise with cheap barb ...
    Congrats on paragon level 100!

Could you post your battle tag so we can see what gear you were using and skills? I want to switch from mp0 to mp3 but can't find a way to keep Wotb up all the time. I am new to WW spec, been leveling with a cleave build till paragon level 85, but it's getting very slow now to gain a level with my old build.

Hi,
    just finished paragon lvl 100 yesterday, here is the last 2 minuts if you are interested:

Congrats on your paragon level. Without being able to see the video here, can you tell me your passive loadout? I have a WW barb that I would like to start getting levels for and will be doing so soon. Let me know,thanks!
    "There is no cow level!"

Employment?

You are like this people who say "RMAH noob" when you see better items that you in profile ?

I was teasing ya. You have to expect such jealousy when posting a thread denoting an extraordinary accomplishment such as that.

I don't want to sound rude but.. what is so extraordinary about it?, spending hours sitting on a chair playing a videogame?

Dont get me wrong, I love vgames, but playing such amount of time is just insane.

Employment?

I don't want to sound rude but.. what is so extraordinary about it?, spending hours sitting on a chair playing a videogame?

Dont get me wrong, I love vgames, but playing such amount of time is just insane.

ex·traor·di·nar·y/ikˈstrôrdnˌerē/

Adjective:
    • Very unusual or remarkable.
    • Unusually great.

In terms of real life....no, of course not. In the gaming world, it is extraordianry.

I'm not sure how righteous it makes any of us to judge people here, on a gaming fansite, about how much time they spent playing the very game in which this fansite caters toward.

Do not pretend to know why people do what they do. Some of us are socially awkward.

Some of us are middle-aged and choose to play exorbitant amounts of hours playing games as opposed to watching television.

Some of us are handicapped and cannot work.

Some of us live in Alaska and would rather do this than stand in the snow.

Judge not lest ye be judged.
    BurningRope#1322

Employment?

ex·traor·di·nar·y/ikˈstrôrdnˌerē/

Adjective:
    • Very unusual or remarkable.
    • Unusually great.

In terms of real life....no, of course not. In the gaming world, it is extraordianry.

I'm not sure how righteous it makes any of us to judge people here, on a gaming fansite, about how much time they spent playing the very game in which this fansite caters toward.

Do not pretend to know why people do what they do. Some of us are socially awkward.

Some of us are middle-aged and choose to play exorbitant amounts of hours playing games as opposed to watching television.

Some of us are handicapped and cannot work.

Some of us live in Alaska and would rather do this than stand in the snow.

Judge not lest ye be judged.

There is always something better to do with such amount of free time, always.
    You have, in the worst case scenario, a decent PC and a good internet connection, that is enough to learn almost everything out there to be learnt by a human being. Doesn't matter if you are socially awkward (I know because I am one) or handicapped, or you live in Alaska. You can always do something useful instead of wasting such amount of time playing a videogame.. which in the end, is only that, waste of time. Specially in this case, when you are not getting better at something, you just have to stay a while and play. In other games, you actually have to get better, increase reflexes, think, etc, here, its only grind and learn how to use the AH efficiently <- makes the waste of time even more sad.

You have, in the worst case scenario, a decent PC and a good internet connection, that is enough to learn almost everything out there to be learnt by a human being. Doesn't matter if you are socially awkward (I know because I am one) or handicapped, or you live in Alaska. You can always do something useful instead of wasting such amount of time playing a videogame.. which in the end, is only that, waste of time. Specially in this case, when you are not getting better at something, you just have to stay a while and play. In other games, you actually have to get better, increase reflexes, think, etc, here, its only grind and learn how to use the AH efficiently <- makes the waste of time even more sad.

I suppose it depends on what you think a "better" use of your time is. Myself, I have too many interests. I catfish down at the river with friends during the summer. I deer hunt in the winter. I love 4-wheelin and go year round to various areas across Indiana. I never miss an NFL game.

But...I also love to settle in with a little green and play Diablo all night.

Gaming has a sort of negative stigma. There are many other things tht people spend an exorbitant amount of time doing that doesn't get such a bad rap.

Some people watch TV shows like crazy, for hours and hours every day. Some people quilt all day. Others spend all day gambling on the internet. Some people thrift shop like it's an addiction. Model trains.....car restoration....the list is fuggin endless.

So who's to say that any of these endeavors are any less a "waste of time"? I say, if you are happy doing it, than do it and fuck what other people think about it.
    BurningRope#1322

I suppose it depends on what you think a "better" use of your time is. Myself, I have too many interests. I catfish down at the river with friends during the summer. I deer hunt in the winter. I love 4-wheelin and go year round to various areas across Indiana. I never miss an NFL game.

But...I also love to settle in with a little green and play Diablo all night.

Gaming has a sort of negative stigma. There are many other things tht people spend an exorbitant amount of time doing that doesn't get such a bad rap.

Some people watch TV shows like crazy, for hours and hours every day. Some people quilt all day. Others spend all day gambling on the internet. Some people thrift shop like it's an addiction. Model trains.....car restoration....the list is fuggin endless.

So who's to say that any of these endeavors are any less a "waste of time"? I say, if you are happy doing it, than do it and fuck what other people think about it.

And when did I say that all of those stuff was useful or positive in any way?.

Playing a videogame, watching TV, going to a shopping mall, etc are equally disturbing activities when you spend extensive amount of time on them. It's all about having some balance. A different story is, when you play, let say, a couple of hours, after work, maybe not every day of the week, and you alternate playing videogames with other kind of activities like the one you mentioned.

The thing about videogames, is that unless other activities, they give you nothing but wasted time (except maybe Starcraft 2 pros in Korea that play for a living). Wasted means, that nothing that you do in a videogame can be of any use in real life. That's the main issue with videogames. Heck, even watching Discovery Channel 24x7 could be very useful to learn a lot of stuff, even now with all of those reality shows crap going on, there are some programs that are quite good and informative.

But who's to say what is and is not "useful and positive"? Other than spending time with family/your kids/spouse.....

Myself, I'm 40 years old and my daughter is 13 now. She doesn't want to spend all her time attached to my hip like just a few years ago. This is the first time since I was a young man that I get to game with impunity.

But you're right on several accounts. Spending all your life in front of a computer screen, regardless of what you're doing on it, is going to leave you unfulfilled.

The OP stated he had a vacation and he set a goal of making para 100. Which I don't think is a bad thing, not by default. Now spending that kind of time on a regular basis.....now we're talking something different. Now you're not just gaming instead of doing other things.....now all you do is play D3 and that is in no way whatsoever a healthy way to live, mentally or physically.

Toward your comments about the Discovery Channel;

That channel and their sister networks, the History Channel and the Learning Channel, have relinquished their right to call themselves educational or informative. Unless you think contrived pawn shops shows, men pretending to chop wood while constantly fighting or Honey Boo-Boo to be in any way educational.
    BurningRope#1322
    Many ignorant people... too many.

Grats on 100.

People complain that you're playing 8h/day, wasting time... how many of them sit at a blank screen/attempting to troll/and other bullshit 8 hours a day? atleast you're productive =)

But who's to say what is and is not "useful and positive"? Other than spending time with family/your kids/spouse.....

Myself, I'm 40 years old and my daughter is 13 now. She doesn't want to spend all her time attached to my hip like just a few years ago. This is the first time since I was a young man that I get to game with impunity.

But you're right on several accounts. Spending all your life in front of a computer screen, regardless of what you're doing on it, is going to leave you unfulfilled.

The OP stated he had a vacation and he set a goal of making para 100. Which I don't think is a bad thing, not by default. Now spending that kind of time on a regular basis.....now we're talking something different. Now you're not just gaming instead of doing other things.....now all you do is play D3 and that is in no way whatsoever a healthy way to live, mentally or physically.

Toward your comments about the Discovery Channel;

That channel and their sister networks, the History Channel and the Learning Channel, have relinquished their right to call themselves educational or informative. Unless you think contrived pawn shops shows, men pretending to chop wood while constantly fighting or Honey Boo-Boo to be in any way educational.

Yeah.. DC is not what it used to be, I'm 30 years old and I followed that tv channel for over 20+ years. Still, there are some shows that are still worth a watch.

Back on topic, what I condemn most, is not the fact that he spent that time playing a videogame, but the fact that ppl actually acknowledge that as a "success" or "extraordinary accomplishment", when it is actually nothing but someone who spent a lot of hours into something that didn't leave him any kind of asset except wasted time.

@fulken adults talking here, please go to your other tab.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes