Diablo III [Urban]Dictionary

Quote from Nacho_ijp

shut up! you're just a fanboy >_

Fanboy of Cantor!

Quote from Bagstone

Holy crap. Does that mean that Blizzard... even... reads this forum? :o Anyways, gratz Jaetch/Cantor.

Btw, I think almost everyone mistakes username/rank when they come here for the first time. The username should be on top of the avatar, the rank below.

And... seriously, what more does it take to get this thread stickied? Front page of New York Times? Breaking news on CNN?

Oh, but they do! Could be some CMs' first time though. :P
    And who said it's not stickied? :o
    Quote from overneathe

What the... either I'm blind and owe you an apology, or you just trolled me successfully ;-)
    Anyways, while you're at it, could you sticky this thread please, too: http://www.diablofans.com/topic/79800-guide-comprehensive-cmww-guide/ - we're referring to that about 5 times a day in the wizard forum. It seems like no mod is reading the wizard forum. Once you handled my request (deny or accept) you may delete this obviously offtopic blurb here, I'm just hijacking the thread ;-)
    Quote from Bagstone

Quote from overneathe

What the... either I'm blind and owe you an apology, or you just trolled me successfully ;-)
    Anyways, while you're at it, could you sticky this thread please, too: http://www.diablofan...ive-cmww-guide/ - we're referring to that about 5 times a day in the wizard forum. It seems like no mod is reading the wizard forum. Once you handled my request (deny or accept) you may delete this obviously offtopic blurb here, I'm just hijacking the thread ;-)

We had some other plans for the class forums but it looks like they might get a slight delay anyway. Well, enough off-topic, Jaetch has a lot of work to do updating the dictionary. :P

(I did troll :>)
    LOL WTF.

Now the pressure is really on me to update this. Damnit.

Edit: But I can't... I'm going on vacation for the weekend :cheers:
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    Quote from Jaetch

LOL WTF.

Now the pressure is really on me to update this. Damnit.

Edit: But I can't... I'm going on vacation for the weekend :cheers:

Good thing it's still not the weekend! Back to work Cantor!
    They corrected my name!

Quote from overneathe

Good thing it's still not the weekend! Back to work Cantor!

I don't know who this Cantor person is.
    LOL overneathe The fanboy, you forum noob <3

but it looks like they caught the issue
    Freeze-wiz. Wizzard that has a freezing build
    great dictionary. thank you
    ARPGamer - Delving dungeons deep to deliver the news
    Visit ARPGamer.com
    This thing is awesome. Where has this been my whole D3 life?
    Something new to add: I think "BoA" is a term that'll become quite popular in the next few weeks, thanks to the Marquise gems ;-)
    Quote from Bagstone

Something new to add: I think "BoA" is a term that'll become quite popular in the next few weeks, thanks to the Marquise gems ;-)

Done!

Oh, and off-topic, great all-in-one wizard guide you've got going. I really think it deserves its own thread just because you're the only wizard response in this "Helpful Hints of Sanctuary" competition (every other class have had three or more so far).
    Not sure if this was on purpose or if you deemed it unnecessary, but the terms 'Mob' and 'Proc' aren't defined, even though they are used within definitions.
    Quote from Jaetch

Quote from Bagstone

Done!

Oh, and off-topic, great all-in-one wizard guide you've got going. I really think it deserves its own thread just because you're the only wizard response in this "Helpful Hints of Sanctuary" competition (every other class have had three or more so far).

Thanks for the update!

And great to see that you like my guide, though I was surprised that there was no other submission. Gonna try to do the necessary updates as 1.07 hits (or earlier) and ask overneathe to move it to its own thread - haven't looked too much into 1.07 myself, yet.
    Updated with a couple of additions I thought of off of the top of my head. Made some edits here and there and prettied it up so it's not just one massive wall of text users have to scroll through.
    Thank you, this was very informative :)
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8178677829

TL;DR is missing ;-)
    Nice work :) thanks for this topic its really fun to read!
    Maby u can add where the name d2jso comes from: d2 javascript parser i guess it was one of the first d2 botsor something.

Haha, I saw that. Then it looked like people started trolling each other there again. Sigh.

Quote from BadMoFu

Nice work :) thanks for this topic its really fun to read!
    Maby u can add where the name d2jso comes from: d2 javascript parser i guess it was one of the first d2 botsor something.

Thanks, buddy. I'm gonna put together a brief list on the side and start updating when I get the chance.
    Nice guide!! I have a couple sayings that I'm currently using...
    0-1 = also has another meaning, for example if you are doing KW runs and Ubers.. after killing them the group will post either a "0" or "1" to let the group know that they either got a Key/Organ..
    The next few are ones myself and friends came up with and use while in group...

Coyote = when someone with a high lvl char helps another character power level through sanctuary... just like the term used for when a coyote helps an alien across the border! ex. I made a wiz yesterday can you coyote me to lvl60!!

"Poor Man's Mempo" Aka Andarial's visage = You like the stats of a Mempo but are too poor to afford one, instead you are stuck with wearing Andarial's visage. came up with that one myself!

"BOOM" = refering to when you instantly die in one shot usually from a fallen lunatic or explosive molten..

"I got hosed" = its an expression when you got a leg drop and see the item (ex. helm, mace), get excited and realize that it isn't what you thought it would be.. ex. helm = thinking you got a mempo, turns out to be andarial's, mace = thinking you have an EF but instead you got a nailbiter.

"D3 Rich" = When a person comes into high amounts of gold from a recent auction, usually they turn around and spend the gold within' hours.. ex. I sold a nat's ring for 120 mil gold im D3 Rich now!! (few hours later) bought a witching hour and now im broke again.

ENJOY!!
    What are you trying to tell me... that I can absorb damage with Serenity?
    NO, I'm trying to tell you that when you are ready... You won't have to.

http://us.battle.net...35/hero/3609951
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes