Why do you play D3?

I play because League of Legends is full of noobsm is very annoying to play with then
    I play because it's fun.
    I have 10 characters, male and female for each classes, I like to experiment with builds, gears and strategies.
    not really sure 99% of my friends quit it already. just not the game it was hyped to be. i just wish they didnt make builders and spenders for every class.. WIZARD is terrible design... shoulda been a necro or worc with mana. Demon Hunter CC isnt very effective in inferno as the % less to CC.. and they are to fragile because of this.. plus it feels lack luster anyways.. builders spenders on a hunter class? the randomly generated maps arent random enough... when i play the game it is much to linear. i wish a game came out like never winder nights... when ppl made there own server mods for that game it was by far the best ARPG i've ever played. the item system is to generic and not unique enough..

maybe its the fact the game wasnt polished enough on release.. maybe it was the fact that it was to hard for new players and then they left. maybe it was just so many things combined and the fact its pay to win... i donno.. but everyone has quit... and the game i was hoping was going to be simply awesome.. which my friends would stick around ect ect ect but its NOT...

edit;
    come to think of it wasnt diablo 1 and 2 MUCH more sinister? i remember there being naked people skewered onto spikes.. blood and guts.. much more scary atmosphere.. now we throw fireworks at 5 different color of imps.. and the story line isnt adult content at all.. it feels PG13. i wanted to taste the pain of the people who were tortured in the worl.. i wanted to see the grotesque of demon like hellish areas. i wanted i much more realistic graphix engine.. not something that was deisgned 7 years ago then put on hold so they could take the designers off d3 for WOWC expansions.

the only parks of the game which arent too cartoony and pg trying to be adult content.. was when we kill grum or whatever.. that stinker boss in act3.. when he exploded on my screen for the first time and his guts sprayed all over the place and made a huge disgusting noise.. that was epic.
    Quote from Fizbini

the only parks of the game which arent too cartoony and pg trying to be adult content.. was when we kill grum or whatever.. that stinker boss in act3.. when he exploded on my screen for the first time and his guts sprayed all over the place and made a huge disgusting noise.. that was epic.

Really? wasn't when you hit monsters so hard they'd explode and go everywhere? Wasn't the area filled with mutilated corpses throughout ALL of act 2 and 3? or the death animations of 99% of the monsters? or Azmodans death? by the sounds of it you're letting other peoples opinions and reasons cloud your own. Diablo 3 is far more goreier than 1 and 2.
    Bashiok - Blizzard Representative - 08/01/2011 -"So how many skill combinations are there now? Well taking into account 6 active skills, all the rune combinations, and 3 passives we currently expect each class to have roughly 2,285,814,795,264 different build combinations."

"Hey, I thought you'd like the witty irony of grub-on-glowie violence!"
    First, I have a family with 2 small kids 3 & 6 years old.
    Always loved to play comptergames, wow and D2 several thousands of hours.

I play late nights with a few glasses of wine to RELAX and constantly fight to get better and better gear. Thats why D2 and now D3 works so perfectly well..it is almost impossible to get all the best items. The luck based part is also so interesting in the game.
    **Farming is my life**
    mostly what the above posters said +
    I find it really relaxing to listen to my archon wiz disintegrate beam sound melting demons
    tzzzz tzzzzzzzzz tzzzz tzzzzzzzzzz tzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (that one was an elite pack)
    Quote from Crateme

I bought it originally because I was a huge D1 and D2 fan. Then after playing a bit I realized D3 was completely static instead of completely random like it was advertised to be, so I lost a lot of my enthusiasm.

Since then I played to get my stats up in the hope that most random noobs I come across would be in awe of my power. After all, that's the real #1 reason for getting powerful in the first place. Unfortunately it has almost always been more viable for me to play single player, and for the foreseeable future, that will remain so.

Now I'm just playing to reach a certain DPS and then I'll probably play less, not quit entirely. It's more a case of playing out of boredom while I wait for the far superior game, Path of Exile, to come out.

Are you for real? First of all, saying D3 is completely static is a big lie. And i doubt that you play only because you care what other ppl think of you.. Its your personal opinion but in that case, its just sad. And if u think PoE is far superior to D3, gtfo our forum :P
    Why do I play Diablo 3?

Because I want to play something while listening to the TGS podcast, and this is the only game that requires so little thinking that I do that with.
    "We come to a conclusion when we're too bored to think on any longer."
    -
    Last edited by CuddleParty: 3/8/2014 12:19:53 PM
    easy way to kill an hour and get some loot.
    i like when legendaries drop. ^^V
    I bought the CE together with my wife and we both enjoy playing the game together. I have my monk I'm trying turn into a lean, mean, killing machine and then I have a couple of side projects I'm playing around with. I enjoy it in small doses just to have something to unwind with when coming home from a hard day at work.

The game is flawed but it still has a lot of things going for it. And it's very satisfying to increase in MP and see how you can do the monster mash. Paragon levels made it more fun too.
    The world is very different now. For man holds in his mortal hands the power to abolish all forms of human poverty and all forms of human life.
    Quote from Ultragrisen

First, I have a family with 2 small kids 3 & 6 years old.

...And you're from the best city in the world.

(just wanted to say that..)
    The world is very different now. For man holds in his mortal hands the power to abolish all forms of human poverty and all forms of human life.
    For that i'll have to take you all the way back to that faithful day when we first saw Diablo 3 shown at blizzcon.
    (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdGQgQNNbIc)

One of the first things that was said was "so nothing stands between you and whatever it is you wanna smash".

I am still smashing things and i am still enjoying watching them fly across the screen. :D
    Its relaxing to play some after work, no need to stress, and the AH part is fun tbh, finding that last piece of gear you need at a ok price is a rush in itself!
    I'm still enjoying the market on Hardcore. The economy is great on hardcore. Gems and tomes worth picking up, items having normal and decent value since there are no bots drivinig the market through the roof.

I also have a geared SC WW Barb but I'm currently mostly playing my HC barb.

Just very disappointed in Blizzard with the whole PvP thing. Not even a tiny bit of into yet apart from the deathmatch and leaked screens last week. Very weak and I really hate Blizzard for it actually.
    Because it has the most awesome and best story for a game and i love i
    It's fun, relaxing gameplay and the community is also good (reddit, diablofans, youtube).
    Not getting fun anymore @ Counter Strike =)
    I play because although Torchlight 2 was fun at first, its replayability is just non-existant thanks to all the mods that just hand everything to you on a plate.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes