Why do you play D3?

Lol you know what i mean. I've been training for 6months allready. Trying to stay above average, gear wise.
    I play as a means to unwind at the end of a work day and to have fun with friends on the weekends. I love leveling up my Characters through the Paragon System and enjoy finding Legendary items.

I feel the Legendary items are a gamble and as with any gamble there comes a touch of suspense. I like seeing the spire of light, picking up the item and hoping it si something godly enough to bank some gold on.

In the end, it's a casual grind for me.
    "There is no cow level!"

because i enjoy playing it :) people who whine about the game has nothing on it, just whining for no reason ^^ everyone can see d3 is miles ahead of d2 in gameplay

THIS! Oh my god, so f***ing true. Most people are just complaining because it lacks pvp or balance (which only matters for pvp), anyways. I am really seriously concerned that Blizzard will give in to all these people demanding pvp and turn D3 into one of the million soulless games out there.

because i enjoy playing it :) people who whine about the game has nothing on it, just whining for no reason ^^ everyone can see d3 is miles ahead of d2 in gameplay

THIS! Oh my god, so f***ing true. Most people are just complaining because it lacks pvp or balance (which only matters for pvp), anyways. I am really seriously concerned that Blizzard will give in to all these people demanding pvp and turn D3 into one of the million soulless games out there.

mmm ...hmmm...

Yep.

Many people set entirely unrealistic expectations for D3's launch. There was a great deal of denial ridden romanticism in the comparisons toward D2.

I LOVED D2!!! It will always hold a special place in my memory. But when I compare the PvE experience, the challenge and intensity between the two titles......It's D3 by several miles no contest.

The potential is there for D3 to become, without question, the most epic dungeon crawler ARPG ever conceived on this Earth. I believe a year from now there are going to be lots of folks eating entire flocks of crow over their harsh, shortsighted words.

Why do I play Diablo 3? Because it's Diablo Fuckin 3, that's why.
    BurningRope#1322
    I play because I work away 2 weeks at a time and the
    Come home and get to spend my time farming for a few weeks. Currently paragon 33 and that with a big break after moving house. Played d2 for a few years had a few lvl 99 in hardcore killed them off and moved to d3. news of the expansion being worked on also pleases me and will keep me playing D3 so I'm rich , rich I tell you!
    I'm glad to hear about all of the positive reasons for playing D3. I'm glad that I'm not the only one who enjoys it for what it is and not hate it for what it isn't.
    LovinLoving D3 here too. As many people above said... We grow up and get tired of the time consuming mmorpgs, WoW specially. Then we get Diablo 3, pure casual fun... And more to come. PVP will be awesome, they have been tweaking it on internal testing since launch and we all have seen it on videos from BlizzCon.
    Because I love the Diablo series!!

Been playing since the early D1 days and happy where things have gone. Too many games out there require so much time and grind it doesn't suit the adult life style anymore. I was big into Wow back in Vanilla days and it simply takes too much time to get anywhere and I hate how they butchered theory crafting with the removal of trees.

This is a great combat system and it's finally getting to the point I can experiment with different abilities and be successful. The changes from the patches have been great and have built a solid foundation. Any long time Diablo veteran's know that Diablo always improves as each patch comes by.

Sadly all my RL friends have quit so I haven't had much multiplayer action but I like the fact I still can have fun on single player.

TL;DR

What everyone else has stated in the thread.
    Playing Diablo since 97. I know nothing and having nothing good to say, I be a troll.
    Wow, and I thought I was the only one who loves this game! We see so much whining and crying and complaining that sometimes it's hard to remember that some of us ACTUALLY love the game. Awesome thread, I don't feel like I'm the only one still in love :)

3 words... Player versus player

What is this "player versus player" you speak of? Like you mean, to see who has the most gold or....?

I have never heard of this "player versus player" you speak of.

Let me enlighten you... two players get together, pull their pants down, grab a ruler and measure out their DPSmember, biggest number deserves the most respect and will have more young virgins waiting for him in heaven after he kicks Diablos butt. End.

I play this game because ima damn stubborn snb...D1 was great back in highschool, D2 was great playing with friends in Lan, D3 was supposed to be great playing with everyone on the internets...But it isnt, it is pretty much a a gearcheck every step of the way.
    But dont take me wrong, im not whining, after all what is the point after playing over a thousand hours.., all im saying is that it is pretty stale atm and needs to re-do some stuff the others did that were great.

ANd btw, dungeon crawling isnt really in tune with how d3 turned out. only a few levels here and there are random, 90% of the game is pretty much set in stone.
    D3 is one of the only games you can play while watching something or hearing a podcast.
    I love item hunt, build craft and stuff like that.
    I just came back from a little hiatus from D3 (not an angry one, a omfg BL2/TL2/Walking Dead/Skyrim gotta get playin' kinda hiatus), and hot damn! The new stuff is sweet! (I missed the last 2 patches)

Diablo 3 is fun, I also enjoy how my fantasy "Rend" 2H Barb build is massively improved. ;p
    Because I have nothing better to do. FML :D

D3 is one of the only games you can play while watching something or hearing a podcast.

Not really. Specifically, World of Warcraft (outside of raiding and trading) can be played the same way. Also, if you're playing a barb and trying to keep WotB up, you can't really take your eyes off the screen.
    i enjoy playin it !
    D2 was way too much fun to not try this game out, and since I have to be the best @ PvP once it comes out...I play now to grab my gear.
    me personally am waiting for PvP and then that point on I'll decide wheter im gonna play or not

Not really. Specifically, World of Warcraft (outside of raiding and trading) can be played the same way. Also, if you're playing a barb and trying to keep WotB up, you can't really take your eyes off the screen.

I would never ever play such a terrible game as World of Casualcraft...
    I play for money atm. There's no fun after 800h in my opinion.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes