15milion copyes sold 1milion players left?

However you're right. Social has been crippled by poor design and seemingly bizarre development choices.

Currently, public games only serve ONE purpose. For random group MP0 farming, and that's about it. It's a complete mess. You've got 3 people that want to run 3 different routes, all going skitter-scatter and one poor guy who just wants to level his new char on the games mission and didn't realize that everyone else is just mega-speed farming.

It is an utterly broken system. Quite sad really.

I visit pub games with my alts time to time to drop off free items. I actually don't see people scatter that often, but there are people who are absolutely clueless and just wander around with the group.

TBH; I haven't done pubs in a long time (Maybe 1.03). It was pretty messy then and my above post is more or less what I imagine has become of pub games since there is no MP level available. I should've been clear on that. I can only imagine the horrors.

I have plenty of (active) friends to play with and I do Ubers nightly, avoiding the rando experience. Most of my friends I meet as friends of friends that happen to be in-game.

Anyone wanting to play (US) is more than welcome to whisp me in-game and I'd be happy to have them join-up.
    BurningRope#1322
    psssh mine were the best:

TacoBaal run1
    TacoBaal run2
    TacoBaal run3

Still, the guy has a point, the game "sold" 15M copies and I'd be amazed if 1 million people still play Diablo 3 once a week, and I'd also bet half of the players playing on a daily basis do so because of the RMAH. I personally play when I have a podcast to listen to, otherwise this game is a borefest, even with its flawless gameplay. I've said it and I'll say it again, they need to tighten the affixes ilvl60+ can roll to the top tiers.

qft, as I am glad there is still people with different points of view and whose opinion is not influenced by their feelings as much as the rest of people posting in this thread.
    Anyway I don't think we will have any numbers released by blizzard, ever, unfortunately. And since when do we know d3 sold 15 millions copies?
    "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever." Shigeru Miyamoto-nintendo boss

"I think it's hilarious because gamers won't be getting watered down anything.
    This is flat out Diablo 3." -Anonymous discussing the console version

Still, the guy has a point, the game "sold" 15M copies and I'd be amazed if 1 million people still play Diablo 3 once a week, and I'd also bet half of the players playing on a daily basis do so because of the RMAH. I personally play when I have a podcast to listen to, otherwise this game is a borefest, even with its flawless gameplay. I've said it and I'll say it again, they need to tighten the affixes ilvl60+ can roll to the top tiers.

qft, as I am glad there is still people with different points of view and whose opinion is not influenced by their feelings as much as the rest of people posting in this thread.
    Anyway I don't think we will have any numbers released by blizzard, ever, unfortunately. And since when do we know d3 sold 15 millions copies?

http://www.co-optimu...-announced.html

I don't know where anybody got the 15 mill from, maybe they included the number of free copies to the WoW folks but according to Bobby it is at 10 mill or so.
    "There is no cow level!"

I don't know where anybody got the 15 mill from, maybe they included the number of free copies to the WoW folks but according to Bobby it is at 10 mill or so.

Yeah the 10 mil figure is correct from what I've heard.

Also.....in future news....10 million copies of Diablo 3 X-pac sell in record time......
    BurningRope#1322
    • Diablo 3 has sold over 10 million copies in North America and Europe
    • World of Warcraft still has over 10 million active subscribers
    I wonder about the bold part, there is a huge asian market as well - isn't it? Why wouldn't they list there sold copies to that area as well? Those 10 million active WoW subsriber include asian gamers for sure.
    Someone above posted wondering what the downside was to public games with MP enabled, so here goes: differences in player skill and gear. There is nothing stopping anyone from starting a MP10 game, whether they can handle it or not, so you would get a situation where a lot of players are being carried, or games are just dissolving so that the better players don't have to carry the weaker ones. Then again, if you "gate" the various MP levels with something like a iLvl requirement (a la WoW), it won't feel like Diablo and people will be a lot more angry.
    i would choose my own religion and worship my own spirit, but if he ever preached to me i wouldn't want to hear it. i'd drop him, a forgotten god, languishing in shame; and then if i hit stormy seas, i'd have myself to blame. Zhaph#1849

Someone above posted wondering what the downside was to public games with MP enabled, so here goes: differences in player skill and gear. There is nothing stopping anyone from starting a MP10 game, whether they can handle it or not, so you would get a situation where a lot of players are being carried, or games are just dissolving so that the better players don't have to carry the weaker ones. Then again, if you "gate" the various MP levels with something like a iLvl requirement (a la WoW), it won't feel like Diablo and people will be a lot more angry.

At least there would be some public games with MP, even considering the situations you mentioned. Right now, the number of public games with MP is zero. What you said could turn people off playing in public games with MP turned on, but how would that be different from now? How can the situation be worse?
    hi
    dear op, this is 100% speculation without any significant data... i know a lot of players and not one of them ever touched public games. based on that, i could speculate, that all 15mio are playing ;) if you know what i mean.

so, i think this is a rage-thread with an extremely onesided look on things :)
    considering, you can only play mp0 in public games (http://us.battle.net...12205?page=2#31 source), i can't think of a single reason to play it... this will be the same for most if not all players.

nobody knows, how many players are playing. so relax :) there's more d3 to come

btw, the numbers blizzard gave have to be accurate. they can't lie here, otherwise stockholders would sue them for all their money ;P
    No proof and purely anecdotal evidence, to which I can completely counter by saying me and ALL of my friends haven't made a public / done a public game in at least 3 months. Any game we make is private or invite only. Settle down.

Edit; I'd also like to add that as a fact, straight from blizzard, less then 1% of the people who bought and played D2 played at hell mode. The same is always going to go for Diablo type games; Most people will play through once and then quit, it's just how it goes.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!

Edit; I'd also like to add that as a fact, straight from blizzard, less then 1% of the people who bought and played D2 played at hell mode. The same is always going to go for Diablo type games; Most people will play through once and then quit, it's just how it goes.

They have no way of knowing that. How do they track down people who didn't use bnet? That was a big slice of D2 players.
    that's actually true, i i.e. never played on bnet in d2, but you can't know how many played that way...

generally, i think there is a misconsception about "the average player":
    we think (since we play that way), that everybody tries to farm or even play through inferno and tries to get the best equipment there is.
    its quite normal to think, you'r part of the majority. but i dont think that's the case here... people buy games, play them until the end, maybe a 2nd time and some years later again - but they'll move to the next game.
    since we are on diablofans, we think everybody does the "how to improve"-thing. but 99,9% of the players have never seen these forums and maybe they play the game in a completely different way. in my opinion, a lot of them are.

this isn't WoW, but blizzard tries to hold on to players by giving them more to play with - this happens incredibly often and is quite amazing - and in this quantity maybe unseen in the gaming world (i'm not up to date on every game... so i'm not sure). the idea, that that's for "rmah money" only, is imo really unappreciative of what we get here. i dont use the rmah and i get free upgrades quite frequently :) and im thankful for that.

They have no way of knowing that. How do they track down people who didn't use bnet? That was a big slice of D2 players.

Count me into that slice.
    Well , my calculation from the first post was that only in games that i see , i counted that day about 600 players , that's why i said 5000 on europe , for all you ppl that play on the us i know you guys still play , you dooo .

I will wait for the expansion because the game market and the game itself is dead imho. Yeah , well 15milion was the aproximation 10mil+2-3 from wow + the copies sold after that news post . It was a slight exageration but I dont think diablo is played in europe and asia(or whatever the third server is) by more than 500k-1milion players in a week :) .

I will play something else until the expansion , and the I will only check if the playerbase is back . Blizzard wants to make money from auctions (thats why they didnt include a monthly fee i think) and they dont understand the difference from d2 and d3 , people go and play superman shit games instead of the Diablo 3, the 10 year expected game and they dont get the fact that if diablo 2 on 1.05 had a RMAH they would have made a ton of money , nvm . have fun insulting , you only proove your inferior god damn animal brain .

.... have fun insulting , you only proove your inferior god damn animal brain....

self pwned !
    Regards DreamWalker

Donnie: Why are you wearing that stupid bunny suit?
    Frank: Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?

Is that true?! let's say 3 milion on 3 realms out of 15 milion, wth are you doing Blizzard, don't you care about your money from auctions if you make the game like the gamers want?

I made a headcount a couple of days ago on public games , the number of players doing quests from normal trough out inferno was not exceeding 1000 , it wasn't even close to 900 . So , europe has about 5000 players playing?! Jesus Christ is it completely dead?

Some people only play games until they beat them then stop playing them. Especially games like this. Not a hard concept really. Just because some of us play for replay value doesn't mean everyone does. Plus I think those numbers are insanely out of whack.

Their matchmaking is just not working..

They should really consider bringing back Diablo 2 game browsing. FCKING LOVED IT :

Baal run 01
    Baal run 02
    gogo

Ah Yeah, brings back memories.

have fun insulting , you only proove your inferior god damn animal brain .

So is that it? Are you done with your 12-year-old rant? If so then sit back and listen to this little piece of advice... The world does not revolve around you. There are many more of us out here and to take a personal snap shot of your world and think that posting doom and gloom threads will net you some new buddies is completely outrageous. Try and be less inflammatory and you will go far in life...
    "There is no cow level!"
    I look at it this way. They sold 15m copies. How many where free copies we will never know, but you either like the game or you don't. Blizzard will do what they wish and most people will bitch and enjoy it. Watch for when pvp comes and people will bitch thats it unbalanced. 1 mil people playing on public games is actually good. Since MP came public games are less and less. Most people are farming MP lvls now so they can't run as public.

Well , my calculation from the first post was that only in games that i see , i counted that day about 600 players , that's why i said 5000 on europe , for all you ppl that play on the us i know you guys still play , you dooo .

I will wait for the expansion because the game market and the game itself is dead imho. Yeah , well 15milion was the aproximation 10mil+2-3 from wow + the copies sold after that news post . It was a slight exageration but I dont think diablo is played in europe and asia(or whatever the third server is) by more than 500k-1milion players in a week :) .

I will play something else until the expansion , and the I will only check if the playerbase is back . Blizzard wants to make money from auctions (thats why they didnt include a monthly fee i think) and they dont understand the difference from d2 and d3 , people go and play superman shit games instead of the Diablo 3, the 10 year expected game and they dont get the fact that if diablo 2 on 1.05 had a RMAH they would have made a ton of money , nvm . have fun insulting , you only proove your inferior god damn animal brain .

The game is not dead. The player base is healthy. There are many many more people actively playing daily than you seem to realize. A quick trolley through the AH should be ample evidence of that.

If you aren't digging the game for whatever reason, that is your right and very much understandable. Don't assume that your personal distaste has spread with some pandemic fervor, however.
    BurningRope#1322
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes