Most efficient (Post MP) Paragon leveling route?

Hey guys, is Alkaizer's Act 3 route still the most efficient route for Paragon leveling? or does the ilvl 63 conversion of MP make routes in other acts more viable?
    MP didn't change anything about mob density. Nothing can beat crater 2 + keep 2, plus all the other nice areas in act 3 once you have NV5... it's probably still "most efficient", yeah. However, you should pick something that you like, because if you fall asleep after your 100th Alkaizer run, your net XP will be zero ;-)
    Quote from Bagstone
    However, you should pick something that you like, because if you fall asleep after your 100th Alkaizer run, your net XP will be zero ;-)

Exactly. I'll run the Alkaizer route 75% of the time, but I tend to tack on places like Rakkis Crossing, Keep 3, Skycrown Battlements, and Stonefort quite often just to kill a few more things or explore a bit before calling it a run.

I've been mindlessly grinding since paragon 70 and my rate has slowed to a crawl. But I'm enjoying the item hunt more now.
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    Absolutely Alkaizer route. This dude made an awesome Archon budget wizard and related video with the route. I'm doing it on mp3 quite easy (with better gear, obviously) and I'm considering to nerf dps, go mp2 and use head socket + infernal machine ring. The exp rate is amazing, seriously.

Must say that I keep swapping missions, I used to farm Act III (like everyone) pre 1.0.5 so I'm really tired by it. But works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxklfGpq3mU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23mxZR5AToY
    Its just a collection of bits and bytes programmed to introduce hope in an otherwise worthless environment.
    I was doing the Alkaizers for a while but now Im doing all the areas from the Core of arreat and all the way up to Stonefront.
    Alkazier's and i consider it a designers flaw - it is OK, guy founded best populated route, he deserved congratulations.

However, Blizzard doesn't, since route with that efficiency exists ONLY in act 3 (and similarly effective variations are also act 3), and that should be fixed - not the route itself, it should be left like it is, it is a composition of several good, interesting and rewarding areas in game.

What SHOULD be fixed are other acts and areas, they should have more monsters, less dead-ends - it is a hack and slash, after all. More hacking, more slashing, less pointless running! I'm referring to act 1 highlands, act 2 desert and other underpopulated areas
    The God says 'Hi!' to his friend Walter
    I also do alkaizer's run on MP1, but i add tower of the cursed after crater 2, i add rakkis crossing after bridge and I add keep 3 and often even stonefort until warden, then reset.

This adds 4-6 minutes to the run and makes it less repetitive which I find a good thing while the overall xp/hr doesnt change a whole lot.

Act 1 Festering woods -> Manor -> Warden -> Butcher is decent enough if you want a change of scenery and dont mind the slightly lower xp/hr rate.

Act 2 is OKish but i only do it for key farming.

Act 4 is just crap for anything related to any kind of farming
    Quote from Baron_Underbheit

What SHOULD be fixed are other acts and areas, they should have more monsters, less dead-ends - it is a hack and slash, after all. More hacking, more slashing, less pointless running! I'm referring to act 1 highlands, act 2 desert and other underpopulated areas

The God says 'hi!' to his pal Walter
    A proud and fearless leader and only member of the "Save the Diablo III" project
    I have been a game designer, modder and balancer. Link below is to my blog, where i discuss flaws of this game and offering solutions.
    YOU can help this cause by sharing a link in your signature! Please do, if you like my ideas

http://savediablo3.wix.com/diablo3#!home/mainPage
    Quote from Clavdivs

The God says 'hi!' to his pal Walter

Clavdivs?! HERE? It was, like, months! We must meet the usual place!

Alkazier's and i consider it a designers flaw - it is OK, guy founded best populated route, he deserved congratulations.

However, Blizzard doesn't, since route with that efficiency exists ONLY in act 3 (and similarly effective variations are also act 3), and that should be fixed - not the route itself, it should be left like it is, it is a composition of several good, interesting and rewarding areas in game.

It's funny how just a few patches ago people where arguing that act 2 had better farming routes, and the only reason act 3 was viable is due to better gear quality.

Act 2 is decent if you want to farm items, since it has nice areas with high elite concentration. For exp farming act 3 and in particular alkaizers route is superior.
    True, true. But then, elite-farming vas dominant over level-clearing, and there vas no paragon levels - number of bosses/elites determined ze farming route quality. Currently, only act 3 gives enough normal monster for ze exp/gold farming and increased monster drops rates allow item-farming. that reversed situation - and for ze better, i think.

And even better if all acts had areas similarly populated as act 3 - new patch could fix this.

Hear hear!
    I've been doing alkaizer run, but always make sure to have 5 stacks of Nephalem Valor before going to any of the most populated places. Still can't afford the luxury of doing it only for the experience.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes