This thread was marked as Locked by Bagstone.

Keywardens legendary drop chance :o

Is it only me or anyone else thinks that keywardens have pretty high legendary drop chance? Im running MP4 key runs and when i kill keywarden i think "finally key drop" but when i look on the ground its not the key, i dropped from him Maximus, stormshield and other legendary items. Any1 know the legendary drop chance from them?
    Yeah, it drops pretty well
    I have had one legendary drop from a keywarden, and the same happened with two of my friends.
    Got a Storm Shield from the Act II key Warden yesterday. It sucks to because I feel like he is the tougher of the wardens with the size of the oasis. Would rather have had a key!
    "There is no cow level!"
    I got a Vile Ward and a key from the Act 1 KW at the same time. I'm sure I don't run that hot so I think it's safe to assume that the keydrop doesn't affect your other drops.
    I got 2 legends anda key from the A3 warden once, which was pretty neat, though the legends were useless. In general, it seems the legend drop rate from the keywarden is on the high side, but that might be because they drop more items in general than an elite, and double the items means double the chance for one to drop. My educated guess is they have the same drop chance as elites, but I wouldn't be suprised if it was a little higher, though I doubt we'll ever know for sure since trying to determine legendary drop rates would be an immense undertaking that would require a tremendous sample size.
    Wizard DPS and EHP Spreadsheet, mostly useful for wizards.
    Crusader DPS and EHP Spreadsheet, meant for Crusaders
    My Wizard
    I think the high perceived drop rate is because everyone kills the keywarden on their highest possible level and as soon as they have 5 NV stacks.
    Quote from Loroese

I got 2 legends anda key from the A3 warden once, which was pretty neat, though the legends were useless. In general, it seems the legend drop rate from the keywarden is on the high side, but that might be because they drop more items in general than an elite, and double the items means double the chance for one to drop. My educated guess is they have the same drop chance as elites, but I wouldn't be suprised if it was a little higher, though I doubt we'll ever know for sure since trying to determine legendary drop rates would be an immense undertaking that would require a tremendous sample size.

I think they just drop like act end bosses, 11 gear drop slots or so. With MP5, full paragon MF and 5 stacks you hit them with 500 MF, that would roughly be a 0.5% chance for a legendary per slot.

It might not be that hard to get a decent sample... 100-200 key runs should be decent. Maybe this could be a new addition to the MF thread, but not many people are taking data these days...
    Got Lacunis yesterday that went for 40 mill.
    got 2 legendaries(both are trash) from the a2 kewarden on mp8, and no key, lol.
    Yeah I got a.. something legendary.. I cant remember from the A2 one.. it was like a poopy 2h mighty weapon
    Quote from Cold_Drink

Yeah I got a.. something legendary.. I cant remember from the A2 one.. it was like a poopy 2h mighty weapon

I hate it when a legendary drops and it says either "two handed XXX" or "gloves." That's a guaranteed fail, although yesterday finally, after what feels like 100 worthless 2h's, I got a (almost worthless) Skorn.
    Quote from thundersteele

I hate it when a legendary drops and it says either "two handed XXX" or "gloves." That's a guaranteed fail, although yesterday finally, after what feels like 100 worthless 2h's, I got a (almost worthless) Skorn.

Tasker and Theo can be pretty awesome gloves!
    Quote from Bagstone

I think the high perceived drop rate is because everyone kills the keywarden on their highest possible level and as soon as they have 5 NV stacks.

This. Keywardens are the most common farm right now. They drop legendaries about the same rate as all other elites in my experience. If you stay in the game and keep killing things rather than exiting after 5stack/keywarden, you would probably find more legendaries.
    i killed the keywarden in act 1 t5 11 times and i got 8 legendaries.
    Quote from AlbinoFreaken
    i killed the keywarden in act 1 t5 11 times and i got 8 legendaries.

You just necro'ed a 1,5 year old thread :X

Please don't necro threads.

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes