Lets make a list, what to fix?

Quote from ballon

Quote from Indimix

Reduce the amount of rares dropping by 1/10-20, but make them better.
    With a decent speed you can get 100 and more rares per hour, decreasing that rate by only 10-20% and making them "better" won't solve anything. The market will still be flooded with mediocre items and only the almost perfectly rolled will end up selling for the big.

What we probably want them to do is to add some restrictions to item generation in general like not allowing an item to roll for more than one mainstat or all weapons must roll some sort of damage increase, but as said above that won't solve anything except for people playing selffound only.

The goal isn't to change the market though. Less item drops but improved chance of it being good is a major quality of life change. It's not fun to pick up over 100 rares per hour and vendor them all 99% of the time. It's demoralizing and very dull to me.

Not only would less item drops increase excitement on item drops in the game, it would save us tons of time from picking up crap items.

I would agree that 10-20% is way too low though. Honestly, the current rates are off by so much that they need to be reduced by something drastic such as 75% or so.
    Quote from ballon

Quote from Indimix

With a decent speed you can get 100 and more rares per hour, decreasing that rate by only 10-20% and making them "better" won't solve anything. The market will still be flooded with mediocre items and only the almost perfectly rolled will end up selling for the big.

What we probably want them to do is to add some restrictions to item generation in general like not allowing an item to roll for more than one mainstat or all weapons must roll some sort of damage increase, but as said above that won't solve anything except for people playing selffound only.
    I don't really care about "the market" (and neither does Indimix); I (we) care about the actual gameplay that we ourselves experience when in-game. Picking up less but better rares would make that experience much better.
    Quote from ballon

Quote from Indimix

@Rupggu explained it perfectly.

But even if I was using the AH, I don't think the situation is any different.
    Is no one bothered about the fact that you cant see the comparison tooltip on items on ah or if you inspect other players. This really bothers me allot. Why is it only avaible on items linked in the chat? This needs to be fixed asap imho.
    ^^I agree. It's a bit annoying, although I don't really use the AH that much, so it really doesn't affect me that much. Nevertheless, I'm with you on this one.
    Some Simple Changes
    • I would like to see a mechanic that allows us to save previous builds. This will let us switch to them instantly and not have to waste our time changing them one by one every time I want something different.
    • Give us the ability to search for Public games based off Monster Power. If this is already a thing, I haven't seen it and I'm blind or something.
    • Allow us to see the differences of defensive, offensive, and Vitality scores of the combined 1-Handed and Off-Hand stats when looking at a 2-handed weapon, as opposed to just seeing the difference between the 1-Hand and 2-Handed weapons. Some people get suckered into thinking that the 2-Hand they have is better than their previous 1-hand and off-hand just because they saw green stat scores on it, when it wasn't even factoring in their off-hand.
    • Give set items a green background in your equipment screen (similar to how they are in the profiles) instead of the amber background that legendaries have.
    • Why are there even unidentified items in the first place? I mean, really? Seems a little arbitrary, since we can just identify them at no cost, as if our characters are complete masters in figuring out items. Maybe legendary or set items can be that way, but I don't see the point in it for rare items.
    Some Significant Changes
    • Bring back runewords, or for that matter, runes that can be inserted into weapons. As mentioned above, the gem system is boring. The only gems you'll ever use are purple gems and which ever gem goes along with your primary stat. Its practically a predetermined choice. Runes that could be inserted into weapons could have different effects other than just stat altering ones, like giving skill bonuses, AP on Crit, and other things.
    • Make it worth owning the entire set of set items. I haven't seen anyone actually wear a full set before. Why? Because it's totally useless. What is the point of having set items if nobody even wears them as a set? I think set items could be made much better.
    Just wanted to list some things I haven't seen mentioned yet. I won't bother listening the countless things others already have. I would mention that having your skills damage be based off weapon damage is kind of dumb and boring, but I know that it won't change.
    Jellyfish are the one and only true Wizards
    1. Crit hit damage and crit hit chance take a much larger role than it should but sadly the only way to change this is to have skills that can't crit but have a much higher % to bonus damage. That's a complete overhaul and the likely chance of that is 0 but I feel sad that the only time I have large hits is when it's a crit.

2. Gem crafting change of the following. Reduce the cost to craft a gem by a considerable amount but when you remove a gem it downgrades one level. This would also provide a gold sink in the game and give some value to gold right now, as I can't think of really any. Only down fall is needing the higher level plans and this change, I feel, would require a change in plans for the gem crafter. Possible a higher level gem can be crafted without plans dropping.

3. Blacksmith crafting ideas of the following. I find myself hesitant to craft due to the cost and the RNG of item creation. It is basically the same idea as the gambler from D2 but applied differently as you not only need to find mats but also need the gold. This is the hardest one to fix I feel because of all the variables. You could in theory put something in to help *Guarantee* a stat of some kind by needing some item you can farm but this introduces the issue of the perfect item at a more guaranteed rate which is nice but can also cause issues as well. Although it could be a choice of this one stat and only one stat and would seem feasible that the blacksmith can make sure an item has this one property you want, at this time he's just swinging his hammer and something happens that you like.
    There is the option of removing gold cost or reduce it dramatically so you don't feel such a loss from crafting but that doesn't create a gold sink. I think most of the issues that come along the crafting is the more feasible option of saving that gold you spend on buying something from the AH that has those exact stats you are looking for which is part of the game and is available.

Touching on some things that have been mentioned. Reducing the rare drop rate and increasing the chance of "better" items is nearly impossible due to ideal stats are different or "should" be different between classes. That's why the rare drop chance has to be so high right now is due to that although every class likes crit % and Crit dmg %. I find that sad that every class wants those 2 stats but properly here to stay.

The increase in set items would be great and would allow the ability to add something along the lines of this one skill has increased dmg or reduced cool downs or whatever the case may be not just a specific rune. This could lead to least used skills being used due to GEAR choice not skill choice. I personally feel that gear doesn't play any role in how we want to play our classes it's our skills. Having that option of gear dictating what skills we want would be really nice and add some diversity I think.

Minor irritating things. Death timer needs to go just let me run back to my corpse don't make me sit there and wait 30 seconds to respawn. Makes fighting mobs more frustrating than what they really should be and some times just makes me want to stop playing.
    Sure maybe I shouldn't be banging my head against the wall on this mob but either give me a death timer or a repair bill and not both. As many would like as would I just a way to ID all items in my bag. I'm fine with waiting the time for each item just let me do all of them at one time instead of clicking each one. It's not a wrapped present and it's not fun to do over and over and over.

Just some of my thoughts about what I personally feel could help push the game in a direction of fun and exciting but I'm just one person and could be way off.
    some of the ideas here are a little wonky.

crafting i64 gear?
    why would I even id rares anymore, just salvage them unid and craft.

lose 1 gem tier every tome a gem is unsocketed? id lose a few mil each time id resocket radiants?

I like ghost sanguis' ideas on the post above me though.
    everything else feels cringe worthy to some extent.

I also agree with the less loot total but less trash loot.
    maybe I dont agree with the 1/10-20 ratio but I agree with the premise.

I think one good way to do this is to remove double stat rolls that dont have vit.

no more str-int rolls.
    only prime stats and vitality on double attribute rolls.
    I agree with i64 gear being a crafting option that just wouldn't work out well.

Currently at the costs that gem crafting is now you would lose millions but this idea is 2 fold by adjusting the current price of gem crafting as well.

I think if you put too many restrictions on items you start going away from the ability of bad items and those have to stay from a design stand point or a lot has to be changed.
    To fix crafting.

How about making it that the random properties on crafted gear (or maybe just crafted rares) can be any property, and not limited to the item type. This way, you could potentially craft Belts/Shoulders with Crit Chance/Crit Damage, or craft Weapons with Crit Chance, Armor and All Resistance.

I still think the crafting costs are way too high for the potential reward you can get, and they costs either need to be reduced, or have some sort of tool to minimise the randomness of items.
    fix teleport and allow us to go through obstacles, maybe not walls, but I'm pretty sure I should be able to teleport through a small rock or a bush... because wasting a 16 sec cooldown when you need to move just because the teleport gets buggy and dosen't do anything isn't fun, it makes Wormhole almost mandatory when usign teleport...

also make spells viable w/o rune I don't see the reason we can pick no rune if every spell is simply better with any rune
    Quote from Adkhean

also make spells viable w/o rune I don't see the reason we can pick no rune if every spell is simply better with any rune

Indeed. I recall Jay Wilson saying that there were 2.8 trillion builds per class, but he was assuming that there was any reason at all to go unruned. The actual figures are about a tenth of that for Monk (least skills and passives) and around four-tenths for Wizard (most skills+passives)
    A possible solution to too many crap rares dropping:

Increase the minimum item drop level drops in Inferno as monster power increases. Something like this:

MP, iLVLminimum
    0, 57
    1, 58
    2, 59
    3, 60
    4, 60
    5, 61
    6, 61
    7, 62
    8, 62
    9, 63
    10, 63

Maximum item level is obviously always 63 in Inferno, but at higher MP lvls, lower quality items should no longer drop. This would mean, overall, that substantially less rares would drop in MP10 than in MP0. However MP10 rares would have much higher chances of being good.

Also, revert item rolls back to being based on ilvl. Basing them on monster level is completely pointless because in Inferno, at MP1 and higher, all monsters are lvl 63.

With this in place, you SHOULDN'T get ilvl 63 rare weapons dropping with 250DPS. The current system is absurd.

Quote from ballon
    With a decent speed you can get 100 and more rares per hour, decreasing that rate by only 10-20% and making them "better" won't solve anything.
    Umm, I don't see where he said "decrease the rate by 10-20%". I saw him post this:
    Quote from Indimix
    1/10 means one tenth. That means for current 100 rare drops per hour, it would be reduced to 10 rare drops per hour. That's a 900% reduction, not 10-20%.

I think he's right about the 1/20 reduction though. Rares are supposed to be rare. If I only get 5 rare drops per hour instead of 100, but those 5 rare drops are 20x more likely to be good, then I'll be very pleased with that change. In fact, rares should only be dropping about 3x to 5x more often than Legendaries.

Of course with the current system, rares are fairly valuable (to me), as they vendor for roughly 2000 gold each. This forces me to pick them up and vendor them all. Since I make most of my gold this way, if a change were to be made and rares drop rate were to be decreased 20 times over, then I'd need ~2000 gold piles to randomly drop instead of the rares, so I don't lose out on income.

This system would make rares worthy of being identified again. I pick up any blues above 1000 gold sell value, and currently I end up with more rares than blues in my inventory just before vendoring. This means 60% of the items need to be identified before being sold, meaning massive time wasted.
    Quote from Crateme

A possible solution to too many crap rares dropping:

Increase the minimum item drop level drops in Inferno as monster power increases. Something like this:

MP, iLVLminimum
    0, 57
    1, 58
    2, 59
    3, 60
    4, 60
    5, 61
    6, 61
    7, 62
    8, 62
    9, 63
    10, 63

Maximum item level is obviously always 63 in Inferno, but at higher MP lvls, lower quality items should no longer drop. This would mean, overall, that substantially less rares would drop in MP10 than in MP0. However MP10 rares would have much higher chances of being good.

Also, revert item rolls back to being based on ilvl. Basing them on monster level is completely pointless because in Inferno, at MP1 and higher, all monsters are lvl 63.

With this in place, you SHOULDN'T get ilvl 63 rare weapons dropping with 250DPS. The current system is absurd.

Quote from ballon
    With a decent speed you can get 100 and more rares per hour, decreasing that rate by only 10-20% and making them "better" won't solve anything.
    Umm, I don't see where he said "decrease the rate by 10-20%". I saw him post this:
    Quote from Indimix
    1/10 means one tenth. That means for current 100 rare drops per hour, it would be reduced to 10 rare drops per hour. That's a 900% reduction, not 10-20%.

I think he's right about the 1/20 reduction though. Rares are supposed to be rare. If I only get 5 rare drops per hour instead of 100, but those 5 rare drops are 20x more likely to be good, then I'll be very pleased with that change. In fact, rares should only be dropping about 3x to 5x more often than Legendaries.

Of course with the current system, rares are fairly valuable (to me), as they vendor for roughly 2000 gold each. This forces me to pick them up and vendor them all. Since I make most of my gold this way, if a change were to be made and rares drop rate were to be decreased 20 times over, then I'd need ~2000 gold piles to randomly drop instead of the rares, so I don't lose out on income.

This system would make rares worthy of being identified again. I pick up any blues above 1000 gold sell value, and currently I end up with more rares than blues in my inventory just before vendoring. This means 60% of the items need to be identified before being sold, meaning massive time wasted.

Yeah, 1/10-20 translates to one tenth/one twentieth.
    Most of changes that are needed are mentioned in this thread. I'd like to make some additions to them. I would make these changes first:
    • Public games need to change because no one plays them. There should be a whole new system like the one in Diablo 2 where you could find games like "Baal runs", "cow level", "Farm - Elite players only", "Trade", etc. Every game should show Monster Power next to it, so players will know before entering. All games should have names like in Diablo 2 so players won't see a surprise after entering a game like seeing 10k dps people around. Diablo 2's game system was close to perfect. Sometimes improving existing system may result better than making a whole new system as Diablo 3's Public game system sux.
    • Fear distance is too long after 1.05, gets annoying.
    • 1 more slot to the stash please. Because for example it's impossible to do a full Act 3 run if you pick up all the rares. You have to stop and identify some of them at some point which really slows pace of the game in multiplayer. I don't pick up all the rares, but I'm tired of people doing it, identifying them in the middle of the run. But everybody has to have the right to pick up all of them without slowing the pace of the farm though.
    • Please make an "Identify all rares in inventory" button. There are many suggestions like this which were ignored, but this is different. I'm saying "rares", so iding legendaries will still give the fun because they'll stay unidentified after this button is pressed. Since %95 of the rares are useless, this seems a good solution(because value of rares are like value of blues in May-June now)
    • Add an option to play while map is on. This was possible in Diablo 2, I think it was better than what we have in Diablo 3(There even was a map brightness option If I remember correct). That tiny racing game like map we have in Diablo 3 shows really little portion. And this is an RPG game, not a racing game where you need to see the whole map, not opponent cars which are close to you.
    • Angelic Wings close when you die. You need to activate it each time you die. It should work like this: When you right click, it activates and stays active until you leave game or right click it again to deactivate.
    • There should be PVP ranking system after PVP is out. There should be a World ranking list, and region based ranking lists also. It should contain all the players if possible, if not it should contain like top 1000. There should be 2 different lists in total: Team based and player based. Playing pvp would be pointless for some serious gamers if there won't be a ranking system. Also there could be something like "Pvp points" to determine the ranking.
    • Make those Black Rock Ledgers mean something.
    • Stop buffing and nerfing things in game!!!!!!
    • Make an option to make character profiles private. Many people making livestreams doesn't mean everybody wants to share their gear or skill builds!
    • Socket numbers of legendaries can be seen before identifying. This is a problem with Manticore as it ruins the fun of identifying the unidentified when you see that 1 socket.

Bugs should be fixed also. I encountered all of these bugs after release of 1.05(some may have fixed with hotfixes). Some are not so important, but they are still bugs:
    • Activating Earthquake is so hard when you're surrounded by many many mobs. It mostly doesn't activate when you're getting many hits, and the problem is, the best time to use Earthquake is when there are many many mobs and/or packs around you. If Barbarian stops jumping while activating Earthquake, problem will be solved I think.
    • Sometimes last elite of blue packs remain standing when you kill it(but stops there and untargetable, also gives the loot before dying).
    • Armory profiles don't recognize Hellfire Ring.
    • Some Wintersbane Huntresses don't jump in Caverns of Frost.
    • When hitting a shielded elite, Life on Hit works and barbarians get the fury bonus of their fury generating attacks(dunno about other classes).
    • Ranged followers can shoot through closed doors and hit enemies.
    • Hulking Phasebeast elites can get Teleporter affix, this seems funny.
    • Winged molok type of packs appear before landing(with blink effect) so you see where they are. And yellow ones show their location with a yellow mark.
    • If you're too fast(like %24 movement speed + Sprint [Marathon rune] molok packs stop you even before they land(feels like an invisible wall then pack lands)
    • There is a problem with mighty blow calculation. It sometimes counts 2 or more hits as one if your attack speed is too high.
    • There is also a problem with Massacre time if a mighty blow is earned before that. I mean if you earn a mighty blow and run for the next group of mobs, you get a tiny little more time before your Massacre ends.
    • In Social window, Offline Friends section, "offline for X mins" is not working properly, because when a friend goes offline, it always show way more than "offline for 1 minutes".
    • On AH, when you "Search for similar items" on legendaries, only legendary name appears on the search list without the item's affixes.
    • I'm having disconnection problems after release of 1.05! It says something like "Your client has disconnected from the server" without any error. That error doesn't log me out of the game though. But because of this error, I can only do Alkaizer runs because long runs are not logical now. There are some more people having this problem in Diablo 3 forums.
    I will cleanse this wilderness...
    Templar = 1 Hand + Shield
    Enchantress = 1 Hand + Source
    Scoundrel = Ranged + Quiver

MAKE THIS HAPPEN NOWS!
    The little boat gently drifted across the pond exactly the way a bowling ball wouldn’t...
    Quote from ruksak

Per Reflect Damage; This is clearly an imbalanced affix. Being able to see it engaged on/off would add strategy to what is now a kamikaze mission under many circumstances. Another issue that would make RD more approachable would be the implementation of a weapon switch like we had in D2. At the push of a button, a player could whip out a shield and low DPS LS/LoH weapon. This idea needs pushed by the community more than it has been.

I feel the mot glaring imbalance in the game is the sad state of weaponry. Without a socket, weapons are almost never end-game quality capable. This should not be. Whether it's the fault of tunnel-vision toward Crit Damage or something else, some abstract thinking is required to address this very serious itemization issue.

Pet reflect is being removed.
    Quote from cexee

Quote from ruksak

Per Reflect Damage; This is clearly an imbalanced affix. Being able to see it engaged on/off would add strategy to what is now a kamikaze mission under many circumstances. Another issue that would make RD more approachable would be the implementation of a weapon switch like we had in D2. At the push of a button, a player could whip out a shield and low DPS LS/LoH weapon. This idea needs pushed by the community more than it has been.

I feel the mot glaring imbalance in the game is the sad state of weaponry. Without a socket, weapons are almost never end-game quality capable. This should not be. Whether it's the fault of tunnel-vision toward Crit Damage or something else, some abstract thinking is required to address this very serious itemization issue.

He didn't say anything about pet reflect.
    Make secondary status useful.
    Quote from cexee

Quote from ruksak

Yeah, what Maka said. I run Monk and woefully, no pets enjoy my company as I'm not the responsible pet owner type.
    BurningRope#1322
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes