Lets make a list, what to fix?

Just post what you think blizz need to fix... ill start..

Obviusly Reflect damige need some tuning, we all know that..

Also i want a minimum + 1 pickup radius as standard for all classes to avoid buggy situation,
    You all know what im talking about...

Legendarys ilvl 62 and many others are still really bad,
    All i ask is that weapons for exaple SHOULD be able to roll good,
    Yes they should roll bad most of the time but a weapon without the possibility to have +crit dmg AND socket is no weapon at all...

Not to forget lvl 63 2 handers, can they roll anything?

Oh yeah and why does Casters in act 3 have more HP than many of the melee units? hmm..

Thats it for now, your turn!

Obviusly Reflect damige need some tuning, we all know that..

I think "fix" is the right word. See the official bluepost for what Blizzard intends to do with it.

Also i want a minimum + 1 pickup radius as standard for all classes to avoid buggy situation,
    You all know what im talking about...

If you need pickup radius, it's on gear. It's just like I feel without movement speed on boots, my speed is close to that of a snail. Still, it's something I need on my gear and nothing Blizzard should just give away for free.

Legendarys ilvl 62 and many others are still really bad,
    All i ask is that weapons for exaple SHOULD be able to roll good,
    Yes they should roll bad most of the time but a weapon without the possibility to have +crit dmg AND socket is no weapon at all...

Not to forget lvl 63 2 handers, can they roll anything?

There are THOUSANDS of awesome weapons on the AH, you can get very nice gear for almost no money. Imagine what that would look like if the quality of rolls increases or there would be no "bad rolls" anymore. Plus, it would completely take away the joy when you find a good item. Only after finding 100 crap items you can really appreciate that one good weapon you just identified.
    first of all agree with ur ideas..

1) make possibility on tokens for followers to roll mf/gf

2) somehow make ref. dmg affix visible (like red aura or something)

3) some kind of reward for timespent ingame would be nice too... its rly annoying to see my friends who play 1day per month have drops for 1b, while i spend 8hours per day, 5days in week and gain like 10m for that time spent... (i know its rng but it makes me feel rly unfair, cuz it happens to a lot of my occasional gameing friends)

Plus, it would completely take away the joy when you find a good item. Only after finding 100 crap items you can really appreciate that one good weapon you just identified.

+1
    Per Reflect Damage; This is clearly an imbalanced affix. Being able to see it engaged on/off would add strategy to what is now a kamikaze mission under many circumstances. Another issue that would make RD more approachable would be the implementation of a weapon switch like we had in D2. At the push of a button, a player could whip out a shield and low DPS LS/LoH weapon. This idea needs pushed by the community more than it has been.

I feel the mot glaring imbalance in the game is the sad state of weaponry. Without a socket, weapons are almost never end-game quality capable. This should not be. Whether it's the fault of tunnel-vision toward Crit Damage or something else, some abstract thinking is required to address this very serious itemization issue.
    BurningRope#1322

Per Reflect Damage; This is clearly an imbalanced affix. Being able to see it engaged on/off would add strategy to what is now a kamikaze mission under many circumstances. Another issue that would make RD more approachable would be the implementation of a weapon switch like we had in D2. At the push of a button, a player could whip out a shield and low DPS LS/LoH weapon. This idea needs pushed by the community more than it has been.

I agree to what you're saying, but I'd say it's not a fix, but a feature. Let's see what Blizzard will come up with. I would really like to have the weapon swap (or skill swap) option like in D2, though.

I feel the mot glaring imbalance in the game is the sad state of weaponry. Without a socket, weapons are almost never end-game quality capable. This should not be. Whether it's the fault of tunnel-vision toward Crit Damage or something else, some abstract thinking is required to address this very serious itemization issue.

Haven't thought about this - yes! I guess there are only two ways: bump up all other affixes to make them equally useful (not really a good idea) or nerfing the crit damage gem (which would result in massive QQ of the playerbase). Tough choice. Even though I have a 100% gem, I'd like to see that thing nerfed - it would make my investment pointless but I'd be happy to give this up for a bit more freedom in search for weapons.

I agree to what you're saying, but I'd say it's not a fix, but a feature. Let's see what Blizzard will come up with. I would really like to have the weapon swap (or skill swap) option like in D2, though.

What you should expect (and has been hinted at by Blue posts) is that RD becomes a short duration, repeatable cast skill with some short cooldown period. Also, that it has some visible cue to it's engagement to allow the player to use strategy above having to make expensive gear choices for the sake of a singular, randomly appearing, affix.

Haven't thought about this - yes! I guess there are only two ways: bump up all other affixes to make them equally useful (not really a good idea) or nerfing the crit damage gem (which would result in massive QQ of the playerbase). Tough choice. Even though I have a 100% gem, I'd like to see that thing nerfed - it would make my investment pointless but I'd be happy to give this up for a bit more freedom in search for weapons.

Well....we all know what to expect with any change. First comes denial, then rage and then acceptance/adaptation. We're going to have to bite the bullet on this one if we want true itemization diversity in our weapon choices. Otherwise, those awesome weapons without socs remain as Brimstone fodder.
    BurningRope#1322
    Perhaps add a way to add socket into weapons, with some hefty price of course, would help to save some potentially good weapons, or make ilvl63 legendary weapons roll a guaranteed socket. They are rare to find after all.
    Only after finding 100 crap items you can really appreciate that one good weapon you just identified.
    You mean after 100,000 crap items

Perhaps add a way to add socket into weapons, with some hefty price of course, would help to save some potentially good weapons, or make ilvl63 legendary weapons roll a guaranteed socket. They are rare to find after all.

No, no way. I want more diversity and choice on weapons, and not one affix slot for socket by default.

Only after finding 100 crap items you can really appreciate that one good weapon you just identified.
    You mean after 100,000 crap items

Actually, you're about right; I guess I've picked up, identified and sold a few thousand weapons and I yet have to find the one that's worth equipping (or selling on the AH). But the day I get that weapon... I will feel like this:

No, no way. I want more diversity and choice on weapons, and not one affix slot for socket by default.

Another +1. I like the way you think.

This is exactly correct. As I said above, "abstract thinking" is required here.....not the first reflective shot from the hip idea like "Just make it so we can add socs". That's not the solution. That's like getting cats to get rid of the mice in your home...than having to get dogs to get rid of the cats....then having to get bears to get rid of the dogs you got to get rid of the cats you got to get rid of the mice. Maybe the mice weren't all that bad after-all?
    BurningRope#1322
    Small changes:
    • Reflect damage needs to be changed in some way, maybe periodically on with a visual aura I can see so I can stop attacking during it, or at least reduce my damage output
    • Auction House is missing several "+XYZ to Skill ABC" in it's dropdown, would be nice to be able to search for this instead of manually checking every item

Medium changes:
    • More variation in map tiles. Basically more stuff to discover in the world. After running through the game countless times, I've pretty much seen almost every variation.
    • Even more equipment stats in the 'random magic properties' category, so gear can become a bit more varied and potentially a bit more useful

Large changes:
    • Not enough legendaries/set pieces. The only actual useful legendary/set shoulders is Vile Ward, so like everyone wears that, or some random boring yellow/rare. They need to add like 100+ more legendary and set pieces and they need to make these interesting
    • Gem System is totally boring. No real choices, almost always socket +Primary Stat, once in a while +Vitality. Weapon is almost always +Critical Damage. Helm has a few more choices, but that's just one socket. The game needs a TON more gem types, more gem levels, and the ability to add sockets to items
    • Gear is pretty static. Wish Enchanting could be brought back
    • Crafting is still broken/useless. No idea what could be done to fix it.
    • More game content (expansion)

So that's about it. I think Blizzard is still in Denial about how bad the gem and item system is. I don't expect much improvement in those areas any time soon. My guess is they are working on PvP and that's something I just don't really care too much about as it's likely to have no actual 'rewards' beyond the fun of participating and leaderboards.
    The -75% healing debuff needs to be tuned ... it needs to be a shorter debuff, or at least have a cooldown between applications.
    It's pretty simple.

Less items dropping + better chance of an item to be usable. The "wading through the trash" feeling I have with the current patch has killed all of my motivation for playing.
    Reduce the amount of rares dropping by 1/10-20, but make them better.

@Rugpu don't steal my idea!

Reduce the amount of rares dropping by 1/10-20, but make them better.
    With a decent speed you can get 100 and more rares per hour, decreasing that rate by only 10-20% and making them "better" won't solve anything. The market will still be flooded with mediocre items and only the almost perfectly rolled will end up selling for the big.

What we probably want them to do is to add some restrictions to item generation in general like not allowing an item to roll for more than one mainstat or all weapons must roll some sort of damage increase, but as said above that won't solve anything except for people playing selffound only.
    And who will submit said list to Blizzard for review?
    • Even more equipment stats in the 'random magic properties' category, so gear can become a bit more varied and potentially a bit more useful

Nope, it would make things worse: more useless items with useless affixes, and good rolls (e.g., trifecta gloves) are even becoming rarer and thus more expensive. I read somewhere that there's a one in a million chance for good trifecta gloves when crafting - more affixes would make that one in a billion.

• Crafting is still broken/useless. No idea what could be done to fix it.

Afaik there are no level 63 crafting recipes, or am I wrong? As soon as they introduce this, lots of things will automatically gets fixed: fiery brimstone prices, crafting supplies, (badly rolled) legendary prices, and the whole crafting system.
    Three seperate infernal machines from the same blacksmith plan, so you can decide which one you want to open.

I #¤%& W¤%Y/ hate wasting infernal machines on the portals i dont need.
    Fix crafting and the economy by making it a true gold sink. Give crafts 1 extra property or make them ilvl 64 so they are capable of rolling the absolute best gear. Keep things nice and rare to actually roll well so after a run you can say roll 1 item, but it costs you all the mats and gold you found on that run. It's your choice to hoard or gamble.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes