FULL REFUND LEGALLY.(For those interested, not intended as a flame thread)

Quote from ruksak

I bought Predator 2 on VHS about 16 years ago. Upon watching it for the 17th time I've decided it isn't one of the most exciting sci-fi horror films of the modern era, I want my money back, as it clearly states on the box "Predator 2 is one of the most exciting sci-fi horror films of the modern era".

HAHAHAHA, I would like to read LionCash's comment on that one.
    Quote from TheDemokin

What is sad is that only 20 years ago people used to compete in levels of intelligence, now that got old, so the new competition is in levels of idiocy. I wouldn't be surprised if they release 'The biggest amazing idiot' reality TV show tomorrow - the society is clearly ready for it.

They already made that. It's called The Jersey Shore.

OT: You spent a ton of time playing D3. You were either entertained or forced to play against your will, by some kind of Blizzard dominatrix (my kind of heaven). I have a hard enough time finishing games I download or buy at a store. I don't try and get refunds, just because I have A.D.D., and neither should you.
    When I grow up, I want to be a frill-necked lizard.
    Quote from Discontinued

It is clear to me that you have no concept of law or even, what the complicated language means. You also have completely skipped over the ToS that YOU agreed to. If you read anything found therein, you would notice that they are not liable for any of the claims you are positing currently. I didn't quite care to read the rest of the information you provided past your first nonsense filled post.

It is a case of one individual believing that he can (and everyone else) receive a refund from a company. There is no contract for them to give you "pvp after five months because short to me means less than "7-8 months". Short can, easily, mean well over a year. In programming development time, short is not half of a year. As well, they did not specifically promise any of the things you said within your post. Your information (what you claim are valid or 'legitimate' claims) are, in fact, not. In a courtroom filled with intelligent lawyers, this would be laughed at and you would feel ashamed as you left the courtroom fronting your own legal costs.

As a lawyer (even though not in US, but some general rules apply and I have some international law knowledge), I see this as a very wise (and technically correct) post.

SHOULD Blizzard refund you your money, it is simply because litigation costs more than the refund of $69.99, not because you believe you have a case. If such a claim became a class action suit, Blizzard, and its far more intelligent than you lawyers, would crush this horribly. I could even do so and I haven't completed the bar.

^ this.

Again, please pardon most users for not being nice to you on this matter. It's hard to have empathy towards someone who thoroughly used a product, only to ask for a refund. ruksak's post was kind of spot on. I could be wrong, so bear with me - I think legally speaking, you could only complain about "missing features" if they were a core component of the product itself (aka a "purely online moba game" not having PvP).

Attitudes like these imho make us gamers look very bad, and are what make companies spend so much money on customer service nowadays (which in turn, makes their products more expensive).

That doesn't mean people get to flame you (offend your honor or anything - if you see any of that report the post), so whoever goes out of line to express their thoughts will get an infraction, stay on topic and discuss the subject matter, not the dignity of the original poster.

And if this goes way off topic or I see there's nothing else relevant to the topic being actually discussed, I'll close it.
    Which honor are you refering to? The OP surely dont have any honor at all.
    Currently played toon: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rage-2973/hero/8990624
    Profit: Flipping/Sniping: 6577€
    Quote from Huminator

Which honor are you refering to? The OP surely dont have any honor at all.

I see what you did there <_

But just because we don't agree with his conduct doesn't mean we get to treat him without respect. It's the basic foundation which makes us different from our fellow irrational animals, we can disagree from each other's ideas without hurting someone's feelings, as long as we want to.
    Quote from Bourrelle

Quote from ruksak

I bought Predator 2 on VHS about 16 years ago. Upon watching it for the 17th time I've decided it isn't one of the most exciting sci-fi horror films of the modern era, I want my money back, as it clearly states on the box "Predator 2 is one of the most exciting sci-fi horror films of the modern era".

It's not really the same thing. In marketing there is a difference.
    They can promise subjective things, like a movie being the best thing ever - but if they try to claim that the VHS is able to pop into its tray by itself, then they are actually promising a feature and must stand by it.

Now I don't know whether or not LionCash' claim is right or wrong - but let's not stretch it out of proportions with your AvP comment :)
    Quote from Zero(pS)

It's the basic foundation which makes us different from our fellow irrational animals, we can disagree from each other's ideas without hurting someone's feelings, as long as we want to.

At the same time, "respect" works in both directions and his actions seem to indicate that he has left this basic foundation of sane human behavior. In some way he hurts *my* feelings because this exact behavior (recklessly trying to fight your way by filing ridiculous lawsuits) is what makes me despise our modern society. I'd rather see this thread locked because this person does not seem to want to contribute to the DiabloFANS community.
    Is a game not living up to it's hype really worth filing a lawsuit? I'd hate to see what you do if your fastfood wasn't the right tempature.

But seriously, they have no obligation on any time frame of delivery for pvp. You buy the game as is, and what they decide to add, is not only up to them, it's also subject to change.

All this to get 50 dollars back... and I bet you've played 50+ hours of the game, too.
    He has played more than 300 hours, that's what makes the whole story so ridiculous.
    So much butthurts in this thread. But most of you are just kids so this is understandable. What else is there to say? oh:

Quote from SFJake

Yeah, I agree, you have to a mindless moronic fanboy to be part of this forum, and TC isn't one of them, he has standards and actually cares about the sort of product that goes in his hands and cares to be treated properly instead of ripped off.

He's totally unfitting to this forum.

And also the guy claiming PVP is already in the game because we compete against each others to get the best gear... LOL butthurt! So sad it is funny.
    "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever." Shigeru Miyamoto-nintendo boss

"I think it's hilarious because gamers won't be getting watered down anything.
    This is flat out Diablo 3." -Anonymous discussing the console version
    Quote from ruksak

Did Predator 2 was an evolution and improvement compared to Predator 1? (I hope you see where I am going with that)
    Also, good luck with that.
    "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever." Shigeru Miyamoto-nintendo boss

Quote from Discontinued

It is clear to me that you have no concept of law or even, what the complicated language means. You also have completely skipped over the ToS that YOU agreed to. If you read anything found therein, you would notice that they are not liable for any of the claims you are positing currently. I didn't quite care to read the rest of the information you provided past your first nonsense filled post.

It is a case of one individual believing that he can (and everyone else) receive a refund from a company. There is no contract for them to give you "pvp after five months because short to me means less than "7-8 months". Short can, easily, mean well over a year. In programming development time, short is not half of a year. As well, they did not specifically promise any of the things you said within your post. Your information (what you claim are valid or 'legitimate' claims) are, in fact, not. In a courtroom filled with intelligent lawyers, this would be laughed at and you would feel ashamed as you left the courtroom fronting your own legal costs.

SHOULD Blizzard refund you your money, it is simply because litigation costs more than the refund of $69.99, not because you believe you have a case. If such a claim became a class action suit, Blizzard, and its far more intelligent than you lawyers, would crush this horribly. I could even do so and I haven't completed the bar.

I have yet to see one legal word mentioned here, a case precedent or even anything that would hit the word legal. All you have managed to do is comprise linguistic arguments and failed to realize the contract that you entered into has nullified all of your claims. It is quite sad.

I think the OP's point is based on false advertisement at the time he bought his collector's edition.

Quote from Inferis

Quote from Bourrelle

Quote from ruksak

It's not really the same thing. In marketing there is a difference.
    They can promise subjective things, like a movie being the best thing ever - but if they try to claim that the VHS is able to pop into its tray by itself, then they are actually promising a feature and must stand by it.

Now I don't know whether or not LionCash' claim is right or wrong - but let's not stretch it out of proportions with your AvP comment :)

You do realize I was being purposely obtuse, right?

To the OP; Why not just stop playing until PvP is released? If you like PvP so much, and you enjoyed the game (which you obviously did to play so much).......just put that shit on the shelf for a few months instead of launching into a legal campaign to fight the good fight, or whatever misguided belief you're operating under.
    Quote from brx

I think the OP's point is based on false advertisement at the time he bought his collector's edition.

What he is claiming as false advertisement, is not. Pvp WILL be released, the servers, for the most part (and ESPECIALLY in comparison to) are stable. These are his main arguments; I would particularly laugh at the server stability argument as almost every game that has hundreds of thousands of people buying it the day it is released, do not fare well on release day. Do we all deserve refunds for such an occurrence? It is actually an industry standard that such a thing happens and almost every gamer that plays games for 300+ hours would realize this instantly.

Furthermore, the terms of service that one must agree to, to play the game, devoids Blizzard of any liability regarding these claims. Whether the claim is "false advertisement" (and the irony being that the claim of false advertisement, is false) or server stability. They are even devoid of liability if, for some reason, the game makes your computer explode and destroys your toes. That example might be taking it slightly too far.

I believe Blizzard would have refunded you the money within a specific and QUICK time frame after initially purchasing the product (I know Blizzard has done this in the past, without question). This is because if you did NOT agree to the terms of service, you should be able to return the game; since the terms of service are not readily available online for Diablo III the moment it was sold. After playing the game for months on end and doing so with or without knowledge of the terms of service, it is implied that you agreed to absolve Blizzard from any possible liability or any claim you could, legally, have against them.

There are instances where there are exceptions, however, this does not fall under them. Now, I am not a jurist in the laws of every country on the planet, but I can safely say that, for the majority, how I view this is most likely correct and holds true for the majority of countries that have an adequate legal system.
    Heck, I already got a full refund... I sold some stuff on the RMAH and boom! Blizzard pays me to play! lol

Oh, and where on the box does it say PvP? Did I miss that one? Just asking...
    "There is no cow level!"
    Quote from Syronicus

Heck, I already got a full refund... I sold some stuff on the RMAH and boom! Blizzard pays me to play! lol

Oh, and where on the box does it say PvP? Did I miss that one? Just asking...

Blizzard pays you nothing. Other players pay you. Big difference.
    Currently played toon: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rage-2973/hero/8990624
    Profit: Flipping/Sniping: 6577€
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes