FULL REFUND LEGALLY.(For those interested, not intended as a flame thread)

Quote from Lioncash

Well since you've both obviously missed the point and have to understand that I have sat and gone through the terms and conditions, which the customer support team and blizzard reps failed to be able to give me any line from which that breaches my "statutory right to refunds" and my own countrys "Sale of Goods Act" which applies to both Blizzard and myself. And you obviously have no idea about the language used in the context of what was sold to you. Blizzards Terms and Conditions do NOT apply to my statutory rights or product description, neither does their policy. Blizzards Terms and Conditions do NOT apply to an incorrect product description or what is advertised on the box or on the product description sold at purchase.

This is entirely legitimate information and from what I know many people have already claimed refunds this way, read your own rights and read your own statutes and legislure.

Comment back when you've got a clue please :)

Its a computer game. Your opened / Played the game. Aka you lost your right to a refund.. Should be pretty clear for normal thinking people.
    Currently played toon:
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rage-2973/hero/28310

Profit:
    Flipping/Sniping: 6577€
    Its hard for me to comprehend,,, How a person who after spending 300+ hours in a game. Wants to spend his time to try out a lawsuit against the worlds biggest game company. For 60 frigging bucks???? Seriously, you need to seek help.

Did i mention for 60 bucks?. Did i mention "bought a game, played it for 300+ hours. Not 1 normal single person would even consider asking for a refund"..... Jeez man.
    Currently played toon:

Profit:
    Yea it's the new hobby in the EU now - lawsuits. It a weekend pastime in the US for a decade now. Sue McDonalds for getting fat after eating it and actually win it... Idiocy truly has no limits anymore.

What is sad is that only 20 years ago people used to compete in levels of intelligence, now that got old, so the new competition is in levels of idiocy. I wouldn't be surprised if they release 'The biggest amazing idiot' reality TV show tomorrow - the society is clearly ready for it.

The OPs entire post shrieks with hypocrisy hidden behind "it's my right". Sure, you may be able to get a refund, but that entire adventure begs the question: what the hell for? If you care about money - you spent 300 hours playing the game, plus another 100 hours to read all the legal mumbo jumbo, so you're effectively earning 60 pounds over 400 hours, that makes your pay 0.15 pounds per hour. Is that your goal in life?
    If your point is to deliver a 'message' to Blizzard... making a post on their official forums gets their attention especially if others agree with you and takes...what? 10 minutes?
    Was your point to teach Blizzard a 'lesson'? ROFL?!? I don't think anyone in Blizzard will remember anything about this in the next 10 hours from now. I'm pretty damn sure they eat far more than 60 pounds worth of beef jerky in a single day, noone on this community will remember you in the next 24 hours either, so... i beg you please tell me what the hell was the point? What to exercise your 'rights'? Seriously?
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    -- Albert Einstein

Quote from mathewpn

Quote from mic129

Quote from Luedine

Unfortunately, the OP might very well be within his full rights to demand a refund simply based on what services Blizzard promised to deliver within a reasonable timeframe, in this particular case it is the PvP content which was asured to be: If not part of release, be released shortly after.

That aside tho, it is nothing short of despicable to feel entitled to a refund after sinking 500h(thats almost 3 weeks worth of playtime!) into the game, should you be refunded then hey, good for you personally I sincerely hope they do not provide you with a refund tho.

When did blizzard say it would be on release? BEFORE the game released. When did they say itll be postponed ? BEFORE game release. I dont see a problem. They also said PvP will release when its READY. not when YOU want it.

Quote from mathewpn

i5 2500k and gtx 560ti is good mainstream :-) I'm playing Crysis 3 Alpha a not have issue with that game . My brother on macbook pro has issues just with D3 :) WoW without problem :-)

I have a feeling Diablo 3 coding is a lot more complex than (a shooter game?) Crysis 3. WoW has been released for at least 6-7 years now if not more (which is why it has barely any bugs now)

No ... You didnt get my idea , If you tell my PC is crap and why am I running Crysis 3 , Battlefield 3 on max with AA ? :D I dont compare idea of game , but performance which you need :-)

I will use this article in my case http://www.wired.co....tware-reselling . Account is not software , but key is already . They can delete account and return me key which i really own :-)

I wasnt saying your PC is crap, i mean games like w/e it is (CoD, BF3, etc) is probably less complex coding than a game that has a holy crap tons of random items, random mobs, random spawns, randomed shrines, random pretty much anything (sure these FPS games does have better graphics but that wasnt what i was saying). So with all that complex coding, there might have been a minor bug somewhere that can make weak PCs burn... and sometimes good ones.... dunno if its because of video cards/mortherboard models that is imcompatible with something within the game but.... all i see is people crying on lag while me and 3 of my friend barely ever gets disconected/lagged.

I do get rare DCs but most of the times, its my internet provider's router that fucks up. Other than that, the only real problem im seeing is that loading thing you get in the beggining part of a game in Diablo 3. Hell, even with a steroided comp, ive seen people have that starting lag (not as massive as mine but still).
    Lol you fanboys cry over someone getting a refund for something that isnt promised at point of sale when most of you would be on Judge Judy suing a family member for droping your Big Mac on the floor. Leave the guy alone , he's within his rights to do as he does .
    In my case i want just back CD key :-) cause Account is not software , but CD key is already :/
    Best : http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/03/woman-files-1m-lawsuit-against-apple-for-broken-nose/
    Quote from ChangoMutney

Lol you fanboys cry over someone getting a refund for something that isnt promised at point of sale when most of you would be on Judge Judy suing a family member for droping your Big Mac on the floor. Leave the guy alone , he's within his rights to do as he does .

Your anti-fanboy cries over ppl saying the plain truth is ridiculous. They didnt promise anything, They said before game release that pvp wouldnt be in at launch, Stable servers isnt something you can promise as no one is protected against system failures or coding bugs. So i dunno why you cry out at us ''fanboys''. Hes within the right to do what he wants sure.... but god do not be an hypocrite(spellcheck?) about it. The guy plays 300+ hours and says he wasnt entertained. so you then come to the conclusion.... If the game wasnt entertaining, Why did you play it for so long? Then, why do you want a refund after 300 hours? i know a tons of others hobbies that cost a LOT more for less time than that.

Now im not saying this game fits everyone. Im not saying that people that hate this games are tards, no. I'm saying that if you play the game for a huge period of time, dont come and tell people that the game didnt entertain you when you beat the games 2-3 times. When i bought CoD, i only played 10-15 hours then got bored and shelved the game. Did i ask for a refund... not really, because i known the game was pretty much similar to the last one. I didnt cry on the CoD forums either. Get your refund and gtfo :kitty:

Another example i like to point out. How much does MOST xbox360/ps3 cost? 40 to 60$?
    60$ for what... 1 week of game time in general to beat the game? If not less.

Diablo is what.... 60$ for at least 1 month of game time (to at least beat inferno (a LOT more for some of the casual players))
    Now that 1 month is always growing as contents comes in. Just wait for PvP and see how much game time it'll give you and for FREE. So basically you are paying 60$/1 month of game time (and thats if your only goal is to beat inferno and NOT find better gears) and for some of us, its been 60$ for 3-4 months. Additionally, contents will always come in for free (except for exps).
    Quote from ChangoMutney

But his not getting a refund.. His yelling out for attention.
    Currently played toon:

Profit:
    Quote from Huminator

Quote from ChangoMutney

But his not getting a refund.. His yelling out for attention.

Pretty much this, Blizzard will see his 300+ hours! They arent monkeys (they have a floating skull but dont think they have monkeys yet :D)
    Quote from Bagstone
    Yes, you might be able to find an issue with the contract to get the refund. But seriously - I would feel ashamed of myself.

Couldn't agree more.

Is the OP's refund legal? In a country with strong consumer protections laws, I'm sure it is.

Is it ethical? Hell no. By my moral code, the OP is a thief, end of story. You bought a game, played the hell out of it, drained every drop of entertainment you could, and then weaselled your money back. You should be ashamed of yourself.
    I bought Predator 2 on VHS about 16 years ago. Upon watching it for the 17th time I've decided it isn't one of the most exciting sci-fi horror films of the modern era, I want my money back, as it clearly states on the box "Predator 2 is one of the most exciting sci-fi horror films of the modern era".
    BurningRope#1322
    Quote from ruksak

I bought Predator 2 on VHS about 16 years ago. Upon watching it for the 17th time I've decided it isn't one of the most exciting sci-fi horror films of the modern era, I want my money back, as it clearly states on the box "Predator 2 is one of the most exciting sci-fi horror films of the modern era".

LOL. I just signed-up to congratulate ruksak. Perfect response to this fool!
    Fly, you fools.
    You need more things that matter in your life. You've got time to fuck about worrying about a couple quit/dollars/whatevs you spend on a GAME? Get productive with your life.
    Quote from Denkar

This game is technically PVP so you won't get any money. I believe one of the other MMO's (SWTOR maybe) had to deal with one of you idiots claiming PVP did not come as promised. PVP can technically be defined as any competition between players, in that case it was deemed that progression and obtaining better gear was in the realm of PVP (despite the fact you never killed another in game player). You are competing against others to be the most geared and progressed player (player progression versus player progression). You will get no money based on the definition of PVP, not the TOS.

blizzard doesnt own this hypothetic competition between player actually and is not part of the game technically
    Quote from ruksak

haha!! yea predator 2 was terrible... call the authorities !! :P
    I'd rather wait for good PvP then a rushed version of it to cater to scrubs like this who can't even clear inferno. I'm happy Blizzard is providing this guy with a refund. One less whiner that would end up getting crushed in PvP and complaining about it to anyone that would listen.
    Read few lines of each para. too much crap.
    You probably ask for refund if you didnt like the tiolet paper you were using.
    ppl like you ignore the crap out of me.
    Quote from neostars

Read few lines of each para. too much crap.
    You probably ask for refund if you didnt like the tiolet paper you were using.
    ppl like you ignore the crap out of me.

annoy*
    i hate it when people ignore the crap out of me
    It is clear to me that you have no concept of law or even, what the complicated language means. You also have completely skipped over the ToS that YOU agreed to. If you read anything found therein, you would notice that they are not liable for any of the claims you are positing currently. I didn't quite care to read the rest of the information you provided past your first nonsense filled post.

It is a case of one individual believing that he can (and everyone else) receive a refund from a company. There is no contract for them to give you "pvp after five months because short to me means less than "7-8 months". Short can, easily, mean well over a year. In programming development time, short is not half of a year. As well, they did not specifically promise any of the things you said within your post. Your information (what you claim are valid or 'legitimate' claims) are, in fact, not. In a courtroom filled with intelligent lawyers, this would be laughed at and you would feel ashamed as you left the courtroom fronting your own legal costs.

SHOULD Blizzard refund you your money, it is simply because litigation costs more than the refund of $69.99, not because you believe you have a case. If such a claim became a class action suit, Blizzard, and its far more intelligent than you lawyers, would crush this horribly. I could even do so and I haven't completed the bar.

I have yet to see one legal word mentioned here, a case precedent or even anything that would hit the word legal. All you have managed to do is comprise linguistic arguments and failed to realize the contract that you entered into has nullified all of your claims. It is quite sad.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes