Monster Power and loot quality

I´m a little curious.

Does a higher level of monster power improve the statspread on dropped legendaries? Like, is the chance greater to get a higher ammount of base stats like str/vit/dex/int on rares/legendaries?

From what I´ve read, MF only increases the chance of getting a higher quality drop, i.e. magic, rare or legendary. Or has this changed with patch 1.0.5?
    MF also controls the quality of the stats rolled.

/thread
    Quote from NeutroNova

/thread

Source?
    Basically my experience, it is the number of kills determine the quality of drops. I do key farming at mp6 and I have been getting garbages like I was playing mp0. I have friends who are in the p90s and they can list you how many good drops they got so far. Yes, it is that bad.

When 1.05 first came out, drops were good, not it is back to how 1.04 is.
    It is known that MF increases the chance of rolling perhaps six affixes on an item instead of five; It´s just.. there seems to be alot of mixed signals concerning the actual spectrum of stats being rolled.

It bothers me :S
    There is some evidence that the number of affix rolls on rare (yellow!) items increases with MF. This comes from how the loot drop is implemented in game.

The quality of the affixes is NOT influenced by MF or monster power, if you have MP set at least to one.

However, there is an important difference if you play at MP0. The reason is that the affixes now depend on the monster level, and at monster level 0 mobs in act 1 and act 2 are lower level. Anything else, i.e. act 3+4 and anything with MP > 0 rolls exactly the same.

EDIT: Typo fixed!
    My monk Vin
    Quote from thundersteele

There is some evidence that the number of affix rolls on rare (yellow!) items increases with DPS. This comes from how the loot drop is implemented in game.

Source :P Me wants to read!
    Quote from NeutroNova

/thread

Incorrect. MF has nothing to do with the quality of the stats rolled. Monster level has.
    Quote from Cyeron

Quote from NeutroNova

/thread

Incorrect. MF has nothing to do with the quality of the stats rolled. Monster level has.

just to not confuse people, what you mean is the difference between Mp0 and MP1+, increasing MP past lvl 1 only increase MF, GF and EXP (and obviously monsters hp and damage) but not the loot quality.
    MF has no affect at all on the actual stats rolled, only on the number of affixes that can roll on a rare. The only impact MP has is if using MP0, the item will roll those random stats based on either the ilvl of the item or the level of the mob, whichever is greater. There is no difference between MP1-10 in terms of the stat ranges and the stats rolled will always be ilvl 63 base affixes. The reason some will say higher MP has better item quality is because higher MP = higher MF = higher frequency of higher # affixes rolled on rares.

For legendaries, MP1-10 there is no difference at all since they have a fixed affix number, and for MP0 the random affixes are treated the same as rare items mentioned above.

Quote from thundersteele

There is some evidence that the number of affix rolls on rare (yellow!) items increases with DPS. This comes from how the loot drop is implemented in game.

Please tell me that's a typo for MF.
    My EHP and DPS Spreadsheet, mostly useful for wizards.
    My wizard, mostly useful for killing demons and collecting loot.
    Wizard CM DPS Simulator, written in Matlab, release version 1.01
    Comprehensive CMWW Guide, including gear and build suggestions, plus Uber strats
    Arcane Mines Guide, detailed guide for the highest dps wizard build, including vids
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/guide/items/equipment#magic-find

Get it?
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    Quote from Loroese

Quote from thundersteele

Please tell me that's a typo for MF.

Omg... yeah... would be fun though :D
    My monk Vin
    None of these people know for sure MF does not effect affix rolls or number of affixes. Don't let them fool you with their cockiness and smugness. Blizzard is the only ones who knows.

The most testing that has been done is linked below, in there you will see it would be reasonable to conclude that MF does increase chances for 5 and 6 affix items, but its a small amount, and not conclusive.

http://www.diablofans.com/topic/57939-magic-find-and-its-efficiency-a-statistical-insight/
    Quote from cw30000

Sorry but that's bullshit dude. I found 5 legendaries today in a few hours and one of them was the witching hour. This is not like 1.0.4...

Quote from Jamoose

Quote from cw30000

Sorry but that's bullshit dude. I found 5 legendaries today in a few hours and one of them was the witching hour. This is not like 1.0.4...

That's not bullshit. It's the tinfoil hat conspiracy. Haven't you heard? Blizzard makes the best items drop in day 1 of the patch, so that everyone gets 100 legendaries. Now nothing drops anymore <_
    For the 1212891298129th time. MF only affects the amount of affixes the drops comes with... The higher MF the bigger chance for 6 affixies. MF does not affect how the affixes will be. MF does not make legendaries better, due to the fact legendaries have its stats pre set, ie. 4 fixed affixes and 1 random. Mf wont make it etc 4 fixed and 2 random affix.

MF also increase the quality of drops. Ie the higher MF the more rares u get, and the bigger chance u got for a rare to roll legendary/set instead.

It cannot be misunderstood really.... Way to much tinfoil hat thinking going on.
    Currently played toon:
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rage-2973/hero/28310

Profit:
    Flipping/Sniping: 6577€
    MF does two things;

Gives you a higher chance at magic / rare / legendary items.

Gives you a higher chance, on rares ONLY, to roll a higher AMOUNT of affixes, from 3-6.

MF does NOT affect the QUALITY of the affix.
    MF does NOT affect the AMOUNT of affixes or the QUALITY of affixes on legendary and set items.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    Quote from Bleu42

Gives you a higher chance, on rares ONLY, to roll a higher AMOUNT of affixes, from 3-6.

AFAIK rares havin at least 4 affiexes and mf increase the chance to have 5 or 6 affixes...

Quote from thundersteele

Omg... yeah... would be fun though :D

Sup Thunder still going strong on your monk? ;)
    Words of wisdom: Don't follow the advice of people who won't have to deal with the consequences.
    Quote from Litheum

None of these people know for sure MF does not effect affix rolls or number of affixes. Don't let them fool you with their cockiness and smugness. Blizzard is the only ones who knows.

The most testing that has been done is linked below, in there you will see it would be reasonable to conclude that MF does increase chances for 5 and 6 affix items, but its a small amount, and not conclusive.

http://www.diablofan...stical-insight/

Aye, that´s the thread that I´ve been reading earlier, and which I´ve gotten most of my information from besides the game guides and blue posts. It´s a very interesting read.

For the people who can't read, I am quoting myself out of necessity.
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes