pickup radius

Is it just me that feels like i need to have some pickup radius on my gear?

the thing is that, there are so many stats that u alrdy need to have on your gear and pieces that also have pickup radius are pretty rare..

So my sugestion is that every1 should have 2-5 yards pickup radius b4 any bonuses. So that just 1 piece with 5 or more would make u feel like u have enough.

atm it feels like 1 piece with 5yards is too little, well at least it does for me :)

its something that, when u have enough, u dont think about it, but when u dont have enough(or any) it becomes very anoying. Even if its a small thing, its something that u start noticing cuz farming for upgrades is an anoying progress in itself, seeing that the chances to get something that even close to perfect is almost impossible.
    And as a sidenote on loot, i still think the chances to roll a really good item are too low. I have killed about 12k elites on inferno, and about 8k of those has been in act3+. and i have still to see an item worth more than 40mill. Lets just say i have gotton 2 or 3 rares pr elitke kill that gives me just about 20k rares from act3+. Too me that should have been enough to find at least a couple of near perfect rares.
    Yes yes i know rng is rng, but still... And dont start a flamewar just because u have gotten some really nice items and want prices to stay in the billions, cuz there are a lot of us who havnt been that lucky!
    It was the same when the first loot changes came, all the DH's in act 3 started bitching about it, cuz now they werent the only ones getting 63's and making insane amounts of money!

which brings me back to the topic, if we cant get some loot changes, at least remove the anoying parts we must suffer while farming for the illusive perfect items. And for me, one of these parts is the pickup radius.
    So if every1 had at least 2 or 3 yards b4 bonuses, then only 1 piece with a pickup bonus would get u to the point where u feel u have enough and dont have to think about it anymore.
    Hell, for me, all should just have 10yards, so anything more would really just be a bonus, but yes, i know, thats is probably taking it too far.

What are your thoughts, is it something that u think blizz should consider?
    I think I agree. I don't have any items with pickup radius, and I imagine trying to search for any with stats this high would be a pipe dream. And I really HATE having to walk right on top of gold for it to pick up. It does get awfully annoying after a while.
    I AIN'T HAD NO SHOES OR NOTHIN' JESUS.

I agree that the base value for one's pickup radius is a little small; it's super annoying to have to run RIGHT over gold and health orbs when you need them. However, I like the fact that it's an itemized stat in the game; it's cool to have these "non-essential" stats that enable you to tweak minor parts of gameplay. Also, some character classes have skills that rely on increased pickup radius to become more effective, like the WD's Grave Injustice, so I doubt Blizz will be changing anything.
    i would choose my own religion and worship my own spirit, but if he ever preached to me i wouldn't want to hear it. i'd drop him, a forgotten god, languishing in shame; and then if i hit stormy seas, i'd have myself to blame. Zhaph#1849
    PuR is one of those quality of life affixes that pops up on items, like run speed %.

On my main (A WD) I have the 24% runs speed cap and becasue of my build a 27 yard PuR. All other classes are now ruined for me becasue of these quality of life affixes. My WD runs fast and picksup health globes and gold from accross the screen. Becasue of the time I have spent playing my WD it has become normal for me. My alts all now feel like they have a handicap becasue they run slow as heck and need to be right ontop of gold in order to pickup. Its funny what a person will grow accustom too :)
    I have always thought that it would be cool if as you character progressed it would receive an increase to the base pick up radius along with the core stats such as vitality, strength, intelligence, etc.... For example, each level increases you pick up radius by .20 yards so by level 60 you have a base pick up radius of 12 yards. I also think that the pick up radius should impact more skills like it does with the WD's "Grave Injustice" like the previous post says. Maybe increase the radius of Rend and other skills that would benefit from an increased AOE by 50% of you pick up radius? That would make stacking pick up radius gear more viable and maybe add some variety.
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6933876181?page=1#3
    I don't have any increased pick up radius on my main farming char and i don't really care. Sure if i see some 2000 or 3000 gold drops i pick them up, but in the end, the gold you pick up is not what makes you rich.
    I also have a witch doctor alt with massive pick up radius and sure, its a fun stat to have. Increased run speed on the other hand is a must for me. I have 24 % (34 % on my monk) increased run speed on all my chars and the new shrine that boosts it even further is amazing! :P
    I hope in the future we will be able to stack more run speed.
    When upgrading my Nat head and chest I went for 7 yr pickup on both and I just love how great it is to have 14 yrs pickup, you rarely have to run back to get gold/globes. Since I run with Vengeance it's a great way of getting globes from mobs that just died in molten or desecrator without having to step in them. Can't believe I lived without it for so long!
    Quote from RabbiSamSC

I have always thought that it would be cool if as you character progressed it would receive an increase to the base pick up radius along with the core stats such as vitality, strength, intelligence, etc.... For example, each level increases you pick up radius by .20 yards so by level 60 you have a base pick up radius of 12 yards. I also think that the pick up radius should impact more skills like it does with the WD's "Grave Injustice" like the previous post says. Maybe increase the radius of Rend and other skills that would benefit from an increased AOE by 50% of you pick up radius? That would make stacking pick up radius gear more viable and maybe add some variety.

I like this idea! It would be cool if they applied it to Paragon levels the same way they have with GF, MF, and primary stats. Imagine if you got, say, 0.25 yards of PuR for each Paragon level; you'd have a 25 yard PuR if you could make it to Paragon 100, but it would scale up slowly.

In fact, hell, why not give us a tiny bit of ALL the "adventure" stats as we go up through Paragon levels: the stats that improve quality of life, the stats that a lot of players want on their gear, but don't want to add in as a 6th affix to search for on the AH because they make already-expensive items prohibitively expensive. In my opinion, if you're going to sink the time into the game that it takes to get to Paragon 100, your quality of life in the game should be pretty damn good. ;)
    i would choose my own religion and worship my own spirit, but if he ever preached to me i wouldn't want to hear it. i'd drop him, a forgotten god, languishing in shame; and then if i hit stormy seas, i'd have myself to blame. Zhaph#1849
    Removing stats from gear is always something I will be VERY against in this game.

The current itemization is already VERY limited. Everyone is after the same stats. Removing the usefulness of Pickup Radius would only make items even more stale. If you don't like how things are with your current pickup radius, then swap out a stat for some more. It's called a tradeoff.... and it's a good thing.
    Quote from Ruppgu

Removing stats from gear is always something I will be VERY against in this game.

The current itemization is already VERY limited. Everyone is after the same stats. Removing the usefulness of Pickup Radius would only make items even more stale. If you don't like how things are with your current pickup radius, then swap out a stat for some more. It's called a tradeoff.... and it's a good thing.

I agree that removing stats would not be beneficial. That's why I suggested that it may be interesting if the base PUR was increased very minimally with each level until you hit a cap of 8-12 yards maybe. At that point items with PUR could stack (as it does with WD's Grave Injustice) to increase the AOE of various skills for each character class which could add some different build options as far as how gear is selected.
    Im not talking about removing PUR from gear at all, im just talking about that players should have more then just 0 b4 any bonuses from gear.
    Or maybe calulate the range correctly.
    atm i have 10yards on my pickup. and when i look at how close must get to pick up stuff it sure doesnt look like 10yards to me..
    Its less then 2 times the higth of my barb... so unless he is more than 5 yards tall, then this doesnt make sense :P

But anywho, just an inherite 3-5 yards b4 bonuses from gear would make a huge difference in my oppinion
    Quote from Ruppgu

Pretty much what he said. *thumbs up*

PuR is by far not a must have but makes things so much easier. You only miss it when you already had it. :)
    just part of the gearing process. At higher gear levels you have to make an effort to find room for pickup radius.

I would prefer a different radius for gold and globes though. While I always want to pick up gold, I would sometimes prefer if I didn't pickup all globes automatically. Right now I have 0 pickup radius, and while it costs me a lot of gold, it's easier for me to actively use globes when I need them.
    I actually hate how the pick up radius for globes works. I've been in situations where I'm killing left and right taking hits (wizard) and a globe drops. I don't always pick it up until I start walking. If my radius is 10 yards shouldn't the globe that just dropped at my feet be picked up?
    I need at least 10 pickup radius, otherwise I feel like I need to move too much, wasting a lot of time. It may be unnecessary to pick up gold, but I just can't let 2k+ stacks of gold go to waste.

Removing it from gear: no. Why? Next we remove movement speed from gear. Then health globes. Then LS/LoH/LaeK. => Beyond the usual main stat(s), these are the stats that you need to look for, and it's fine the way it is.

I guess pickup is much easier to get on lower levels: shoulders are a slot where it's easy to get some pickup because there aren't that many other stats you can get. In addition to that, I have it on bracers (both my DPS lacuni and EHP rare). That way I always have at least 12.
    Quote from Chriss007

Im not talking about removing PUR from gear at all, im just talking about that players should have more then just 0 b4 any bonuses from gear.
    Or maybe calulate the range correctly.
    atm i have 10yards on my pickup. and when i look at how close must get to pick up stuff it sure doesnt look like 10yards to me..
    Its less then 2 times the higth of my barb... so unless he is more than 5 yards tall, then this doesnt make sense :P

But anywho, just an inherite 3-5 yards b4 bonuses from gear would make a huge difference in my oppinion

A game yard has already been established to not be to scale with characters. They just used it as a term of measurement without attempting to translate the literal distance of a yard.
    I think at least 7 for all classes and at least 20 for WD's.
    Quote from Wetzeb

I actually hate how the pick up radius for globes works. I've been in situations where I'm killing left and right taking hits (wizard) and a globe drops. I don't always pick it up until I start walking. If my radius is 10 yards shouldn't the globe that just dropped at my feet be picked up?

This is something to do with coding - I don't think it does another range check until your position changes. Playing as a WD, you get used to stutter stepping when you want a globe pickup -- but I do agree it would be nice if it did a range check whenever a globe dropped.
    Pickup radius might just be the best thing in the world.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes