How to deal with reflect damage at mp6+?

It's all about the balance. It doesn't matter that you're recovering 15k HP/sec if you're losing 20k hp/sec. You're still going to die in 11 seconds (with 45k HP). Of course some skills tip that balance in your favour (Serenity, Revenge, basically healing skills) - but you got the idea.

Add 1-1.5k armor and 150-200 resistances there and you should do a lot better. Maybe instead of that you could get something like 800 LoH. Who knows, maybe even both :P

Yeah, I know, that's not easy (or nice), you might even have to give up some dps, but that's how the game works ;)

Too little information. If you don't mind me asking, what is your armor? What is your unbuffed resistance? What is your EHP? What DPS are you running? Any more infor for those posting might help out a bit.

http://i.imgur.com/lyr80.jpg

6k armor is your weak link. With your DPS, 6k armor is more than enough i am sure for regular mobs but get it up to 7k-8k at least [unbuffed] and you should be able to breeze through RD mobs.
    more armor and loh should do the trick.
    With my perma bears+ BBV+ Mass confusion build there is no way to not take huge damage from reflect, i just got used to dying a few times to this kind of elites.
    You guys say "more armor" as if more resists wouldn't achieve the exact same thing...
    8% life leech + overpower crushing advance im invincible .
    Just wait for the hotfix, at this point...

there wont be an hotfix for reflect damage
    just need to play on lower mp or get more dmg reduction for physical or all resist or armor for it or more lifesteal or life on hit
    or simply kite it into trash or another pack to help on leeching back some life

there wont be an hotfix for reflect damage
    just need to play on lower mp or get more dmg reduction for physical or all resist or armor for it or more lifesteal or life on hit
    or simply kite it into trash or another pack to help on leeching back some life

Have you read the news section?

"That said, we do agree that we can make some improvements. For example, we'll be making it so that damage dealt by pets will no longer reflect back to the player. We're also toying with the idea of changing Reflects Damage so that it has a duration and can only be activated by monsters periodically (rather than it always being active), but that's definitely not yet set in stone."

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7006893362?page=2#31
    while I'm not a big fan of nerfing mob abilities, I think that if they changed reflect to work similar to how shielding works now, it would be more fun. If they don't change it, at least adding some kind of aura would help.
    My monk Vin
    I think they should change reflect damage to how crushing advantage works. I don't know it come up occasionally, but not a permanent ability.

Now I have dropped my skorn and use dw and seem to be find with RD now. I can just bash until they die.
    I have a 1hander with high LOH and shield with high armor + AR wich I equip when I run into this evul affix. I nerf my dmg by 40% ish but its required for me to get them down.

My Skorn without LS/LOH eqquipped I cant handle it.
    Diablo III Profile

"Important knowledge, indifferent info"
    Obviously you need enough life gain. LOH weapon with shield is the extreme solution, and isn't exactly a quick way to deal with those, but it obviously "works" too.

With my perma bears+ BBV+ Mass confusion build there is no way to not take huge damage from reflect, i just got used to dying a few times to this kind of elites.

Try horrify with the frightening aspect rune. 3 seconds of bears during SW, 8 seconds during your double armor buff then you just chill for 5 seconds while SW comes off cooldown. With some leech I'm killing reflect no problem.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes