What rare items do u leave on the ground?

Quote from JKlimek

the BASE stats on the item are still based on the item level, only the affix ranges are at monster level

I've done several run analysis scenarios with different MPs and acts with my 300%GF DH and ID'ing and vendoring rares is by far the most efficient way to make money (money made/time spent). Of course from a statistical perspective, the number will be inflated greatly because it takes very little time to ID and sell rares, but still, the numbers may be insignificant from a single sell off perspective, but they add up a lot in the long run.

The base stats of armor items is...the armor :/ I just saw ilevel 61 gloves nearly BiS for instance (trifecta, int). I don't understand why you just pick-up 63 since the patch, you have the same chance to roll imba gloves with ilevel 63 than ilevel 61 ;)
    Quote from Jaetch

I ignore everything except:

ilvl 63 helms, chest, pants, shoulder, bracers, boots, belt
    All gloves
    All jewelry
    Blacksmith plans I don't have
    Jeweler designs I don't have
    Legendaries and sets
    ilvl 61+ 1-hand class-unspecified weapons
    Ilvl 63 1-hand class-specified weapons (don't ask why I do this)
    Hellion crossbows and Revenant bows

Everything else not in that list remains on the ground.

This sums up my list nicely as well
    I only pick up ilvl 61's and up. So 58-60 (including 60) stays on the ground. Some friend tried to convince me to start picking up ilvl 60's so i might give it a shot. If its jewelery then i pick it up no matter what the ilvl is. All of the plans that drop and that are worth like 20k onthe AH i just pick up and train my blacksmith, maybe one day ill have all of the recipes xD

I pick all rares, greedisgood
    i pick up all blues that cost more than 1k, also all rares, and vendor them. I make around 200k on a mp4 run on any act
    Quote from Jaetch

Quote from tychoblu

Think I'm going to switch to just yellow jewelry. Seems to be the only hot items in the ah lately. Will make my life simpler and I'll probably get much more exp towards my paragon lvl. (33 baby! 1/3 the way there...)

Sorry to burst your bubble, but once you hit 60-70, that's the one-third mark of the total EXP you need to hit paragon 100 :)
    Indeed, and it shows in the leveling especially after you hit 70. From there on out it is a grind. I used to fill the XP meter about half way in a night and now I might hit one section of it. Wonder what 90 and up will feel like! lol
    "There is no cow level!"
    Quote from tychoblu

I'm considering the idea of not picking up rares anymore. I sell 5+ screens worth of rares a night for 200-300k. Why? It wont make me rich. And all I've found this week are two items that sold for 275k each.

So if you get 200-300k per night, why wouldn't you do this? After 10 nights you'd average 2.5M just for doing what you normally do, and you have a chance to get items that sell for a decent amount on the AH. I guess you'll never get into investing as most investment opportunities are for medium to long-term grown. Just because something isn't a get-rich-quick operation doesn't mean it's not worth it.

OT: I only pick up rares; lvl 62 and 63 Armor, all jewelry, Legendaries, lvl 61+ 1h weapons, and lvl 63 2h weapons. I've found picking up everything fills your inventory too quickly, and wastes too much time when combined with IDing them and traveling back to town frequently.
    I leave almost everything at the ground except ilvl63 stuff.
    thing is, ilvl 63 2H, has no chance to out roll a mediocre skorn, let it be staff, mace or axe etc
    Quote from KdLoL

thing is, ilvl 63 2H, has no chance to out roll a mediocre skorn, let it be staff, mace or axe etc

Yes it does. Small chance, but it can. I sold a 2h sword with 1380ish dmg, 246 int 147%crit dmg, socket and 5.2ls a couple weeks ago for 140mil.
    the only rare things i pick up are:

61+ 1h weapons with 1.4 attack speed or higher
    61+ bracers
    62+ helms
    61+ pants
    61+ gloves
    all jewelry

all the rest isn't worth it. vile wards makes shoulders irrelevant. witching hour/ik belt/etc make rare belts crappy. too many awesome leg/set boots. 2h weapons are obsolete due to skorns, armors suck as well.

trifecta gloves/jewelry are still decently priced.
    pants with main stat/vit/ar/armor/2 sockets are still awesome.
    bracers can be worth a lot with main stat/vit/ar/5-6% crit

but the items i look for most are 1h weapons with good speed. they are the only rares that consistently sell well with decent rolls.
    alkaiser#1818
    Nevermind, apparently I can't stop picking up the yellow junk, hand will not listen to me.
    I only pick up ilvl63 1h weps and all ilvl jewelry.

Legs are 99.9% of my income and have been for quite some time.

I just don't find rares to be worth the wasted xp/hour
    I'm posting this here for some of you to suck on.....

Found during Butcher run. Leaving stones unturned will cause you to miss out on great fortunes. Tell me you've ever seen i60 Dex boots this nice. They look.....good.....on my Phys Monk.
    BurningRope#1322
    I still pick up all rares, mainly because of the changes to how affixes are rolled. On occasion I leave shields and quivers on the ground, but since I don't have the ilvls memorized yet, I find it faster to just pick up everything and ID rather than mouse over to see ilvl, then decide to pick up or not. I really should just print out or write out the list of ilvls for weapons so I can stop picking up ilvl 58-60 weapons since they're pretty much guaranteed to be low dps, even with good rolls.
    My EHP and DPS Spreadsheet, mostly useful for wizards.
    My wizard, mostly useful for killing demons and collecting loot.
    Wizard CM DPS Simulator, written in Matlab, release version 1.01
    Comprehensive CMWW Guide, including gear and build suggestions, plus Uber strats
    Arcane Mines Guide, detailed guide for the highest dps wizard build, including vids
    I pick up all rares since there might be the case of an imba rolled rare, you never know. A while back, I did a few runs picking up all blues and checking how much gold they actually generated. It became very clear that it's simply not worth it. At paragon level around 30, your gold find will be a such a level that the gold pile dropping from mob is often more than the blues so skipping a blue would be the same as skipping a gold pile every now and then and who doesn't?
    Quote from Jaetch

I ignore everything except:

ilvl 63 helms, chest, pants, shoulder, bracers, boots, belt
    All gloves
    All jewelry
    Blacksmith plans I don't have
    Jeweler designs I don't have
    Legendaries and sets
    ilvl 61+ 1-hand class-unspecified weapons
    Ilvl 63 1-hand class-specified weapons (don't ask why I do this)
    Hellion crossbows and Revenant bows

Everything else not in that list remains on the ground.

This, almost to the t
    I AIN'T HAD NO SHOES OR NOTHIN' JESUS.

Quote from ruksak

Found during Butcher run. Leaving stones unturned will cause you to miss out on great fortunes. Tell me you've ever seen i60 Dex boots this nice. They look.....good.....on my Phys Monk.

Too low dex roll for my taste. Not that "amazing" as you claim..
    Quote from redrym

Quote from ruksak

:facepalmsmile:
    First off, when you use "" marks, it insinuates that I said the word palced inside of those marks. I never said "amazing".

You don't seem to understand how those boots spit in the eye of what many here have been saying, do you?

Go ahead, look what similar boots like that are listed for @ the GAH (us). Now tell me, how many i60's do you see on that short list?

High dual resistance, vit, MS and over 220 dex.....don't be so quick to write those off. Your post was ridiculous. Embarrassingly so.
    BurningRope#1322
    Quote from ruksak

Quote from redrym

Quote from ruksak

:facepalmsmile:
    First off, when you use "" marks, it insinuates that I said the word palced inside of those marks. I never said "amazing".

You don't seem to understand how those boots spit in the eye of what many here have been saying, do you?

Go ahead, look what similar boots like that are listed for @ the GAH (us). Now tell me, how many i60's do you see on that short list?

High dual resistance, vit, MS and over 220 dex.....don't be so quick to write those off. Your post was ridiculous. Embarrassingly so.

It's a nice roll for a pair of boots but it in no way "spits in my face"... It shows that if you grind enough and choose to pick up low level items you will eventually find an item that might make a mil or so on the AH. I would rather speed my grind up and find a few Legendary items that will net me 100 mill or so. It would take a dozen or more of those to make up for the two Firewalkers I found yesterday.

It's a nice find, I won't take that away from you but it just that, a nice find, nothing to hang your hat on.
    "There is no cow level!"
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes