Legen...wait for it...dary Drop Rates

Am the only one here not getting legendary drops at all?..

I play MP1 with 210MF (after 5NV), I kill at a decent speed, and places plenty of elites/Rchests/etc.

Nothing.

When you say: "ROFL 8 legendaries from the same white mob lol nerf plox" can you tell me what MP/MF are you playing?.

Thanks.
    For me I run MP3 in highly populated parts of Act III and am at 450 MF (Full NV) and find legensdary items all the time. I didn't have the luck I have now when I was around 250 MF.
    "There is no cow level!"
    The drops have been very noticeably different. Although the cost of legs/sets have dropped in AH, I feel like the gold value range from bad to uber has increased.
    I'm running MP3 most of the time, plvl 60, so that's 180+75=255 base MF. With NV stacks and some MF on the follower I end up running with 330-350, sometimes closer to 400 when I add a MF gem.

Right now, with that MF, I would expect a legendary every 10 million paragon XP, a bit more often with MF gear and VotA farming. Cut the MF in half and you're looking at 20 million XP/legendary.
    My monk Vin
    Quote from Indimix

I play MP1 with 210MF (after 5NV), I kill at a decent speed, and places plenty of elites/Rchests/etc.

Nothing.

When you say: "ROFL 8 legendaries from the same white mob lol nerf plox" can you tell me what MP/MF are you playing?.

Thanks.

If you link your profile I can give you an answer.

It's most likely a combination of one of more of the following:

* You kill slower than most
    * You move slower than most
    * You have less MF than most
    * You take less efficient paths than most
    * You play less than most
    * You are really really really unlucky

Your low MF will have a major effect on your legendary count though. 210 after NV means that even if you did things the same as me it would take you over twice as long before you find a legendary. On top of that, I'm sure I do runs twice as quickly as you (no offence but you state you don't use the AH and are only PL 10 or so).

With that said, it likely takes you 2-3 hours to kill the amount of stuff I kill for a legendary. Due to your MF, that goes up to 4-6 hours before you find a legendary. It's possibly even worse than that if your kill speed is even slower (I kill all of act 3 MP0 in about 40 minutes for reference) .

It's all about MF, movement speed, a build designed to kill quickly and increase movement speed and knowing which items to slow down and pick up and which items to leave on the ground (gems, tomes, blues).

Typically, when someone says they can't get legendaries to drop there's a reason.
    Quote from Indimix

Thanks.

Honestly, the only people I see saying nerf drops are those that like to use the AH as a mini-game trying to become the most obnoxiously rich person in the game or those the are using the RMAH as as a way to supplement their income (assuming that they not using the game as their primary source of income by playing 8-12 hours a day to get drops to sell ... lol)

People take are playing the game to get drops to gear their toons will rarely complain about drops since most are still pretty bad. :)

Oh, and let's not forget the trolls that will just say they want to nerf drop rate because they know it will upset people. :D
    Quote from Ruppgu

Quote from Indimix

Nothing.

Thanks.

If you link your profile I can give you an answer.

It's most likely a combination of one of more of the following:

* You kill slower than most
    * You move slower than most
    * You have less MF than most
    * You take less efficient paths than most
    * You play less than most
    * You are really really really unlucky

Your low MF will have a major effect on your legendary count though. 210 after NV means that even if you did things the same as me it would take you over twice as long before you find a legendary. On top of that, I'm sure I do runs twice as quickly as you (no offence but you state you don't use the AH and are only PL 10 or so).

With that said, it likely takes you 2-3 hours to kill the amount of stuff I kill for a legendary. Due to your MF, that goes up to 4-6 hours before you find a legendary. It's possibly even worse than that if your kill speed is even slower (I kill all of act 3 MP0 in about 40 minutes for reference) .

It's all about MF, movement speed, a build designed to kill quickly and increase movement speed and knowing which items to slow down and pick up and which items to leave on the ground (gems, tomes, blues).

Typically, when someone says they can't get legendaries to drop there's a reason.

As a non AH user, most of your points are true, because I don't buy my gear to increase my performance, I equip what I can, I can't choose what items I want to wear.. because If I do so, the game dies one week later, for me at least.
    Quote from BigAinCA
    Honestly, the only people I see saying nerf drops are those that like to use the AH as a mini-game trying to become the most obnoxiously rich person in the game or those the are using the RMAH as as a way to supplement their income (assuming that they not using the game as their primary source of income by playing 8-12 hours a day to get drops to sell ... lol)

Not a very constructive contribution. You could just as easily say:

"Honestly, the only people I see saying buff drops are those that like to ignore the AH as a personal ironman challenge-mode and who want to force everyone else to play according to their niche alternative game mode".

See? Not helpful.
    Quote from Indimix

As a non AH user, most of your points are true, because I don't buy my gear to increase my performance, I equip what I can, I can't choose what items I want to wear.. because If I do so, the game dies one week later, for me at least.

Well, it's fine to play without AH. When you say that you kill at a decent speed, how fast are we actually talking? And which act, and can you clear acts with MP>0?

Just note that most people are pretty happy with the new legendary drop rate and are not asking for a nerf.
    My monk Vin
    I can do this because I started the thread. This was my reaction once the legendaries started dropping, post-patch:

Quote from thundersteele

Quote from Indimix

Well, it's fine to play without AH. When you say that you kill at a decent speed, how fast are we actually talking? And which act, and can you clear acts with MP>0?

Just note that most people are pretty happy with the new legendary drop rate and are not asking for a nerf.

To me, a decent speed is more or less, 30 seconds per elite pack. I play in MP1, and I play act 1, 2 and 3.

Just note that most people are pretty happy using the AH as almost the only way to get items.
    Played 5-6 hours today with 2 friends. Decent killing speed at MP4-6 - we increased it as we felt safe, and did about 4-5 complete Act runs, got quite a few keys and the plans for Infernal Machine (for them).

Not a single legendary for any of us. It's fine, we had tons of fun, and the game feels a lot better anyways.
    I find all my legendaries on about my third or fourth stack of nv every time.

I don't run any mf, and I've found about 5 set items and probably 10-12 legendaries and I probably play about 2 hours a day..
    @zach MP/killing speed?
    Quote from st0rmie

Quote from BigAinCA

Not a very constructive contribution. You could just as easily say:

"Honestly, the only people I see saying buff drops are those that like to ignore the AH as a personal ironman challenge-mode and who want to force everyone else to play according to their niche alternative game mode".

See? Not helpful.

:Thumbs Up:
    true .. but I am not saying that they need buffed or nerfed now am I? :)

Only Blizzard knows whether they need to buff/nerf the drop rates since only they have access to the actual data. So in all honesty threads that say drop rates need buffed/nerfed are really useless from the start since they are just based to the op's personal experience. :D
    Quote from Indimix

Quote from thundersteele

Quote from Indimix

To me, a decent speed is more or less, 30 seconds per elite pack. I play in MP1, and I play act 1, 2 and 3.

Just note that most people are pretty happy using the AH as almost the only way to get items.

When I talk about kill speed I talk about full act clears. Typically, people kill whites really inefficiently (hunt down every single last mob in the room, break every single barrel, don't understand the map generation enough to avoid dead ends [with enough experience you can avoid most].

That said though, 30 seconds to kill an elite pack is what I would consider very slow at this point in the game. At that speed, you'd get a lot more drops at MP0 (assuming you're in act 3).
    Unfortunately, this game did not succeed in making the most fun way to play also the most efficient way.
    I guess I was leeching from another players MF on a public game or the RNG gods smiled at me, but I just found a Zunimasa's trail (sold in less than a minute for 15 mill) and a descent echoing fury (not sold yet) in less than 2 minutes... I feel pretty :P

Thanks ScyberDragon!!! you're awesome!!:D:D
    Quote from Nacho_ijp

I guess I was leeching from another players MF on a public game or the RNG gods smiled at me, but I just found a Zunimasa's trail (sold in less than a minute for 15 mill) and a descent echoing fury (not sold yet) in less than 2 minutes... I feel pretty :P
    Correct me if I am wrong but after the patch, in co-op you do not leaach MF from the other players anymore. If I remember correctly, this was done away with and you stand on your on MF when in co-op.
    "There is no cow level!"
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes