Legen...wait for it...dary Drop Rates

Downloaded the patch and played for an hour and a half and found seven legendary items. Yesterday I played for a couple more hours and found four more. Best was a Skorn, worst was a mighty belt with low stats. I found Tyraels Might but no sockets so I sold it. Been loving this update so far.
    "There is no cow level!"
    killed the last succubus of the pack and it dropped not 1 but 2 legendaries!!!!

http://i50.tinypic.com/m3twl.jpg
    haven't found a single legendary or set item before the patch

have found ... 0 set items or legendaries since the patch

but RNG is RNG :)
    I found 3 legendary's within 20 min of playing the new patch, then nothing for a day, then maybe like one every other hour of gameplay. this of course is only my personal experience.
    I've found 3 legendaries so far since the patch. One from a container, 2 from elites.

Went thru the story (act 1 at least) to see if the bosses have better drop rates. It's not really worth the time to do so, from what I saw.
    Quote from Zero(pS)

There's a couple theory threads around, but to be fair nobody but Blizzard knows...

I've played a few hours of the new patch already, dropped 1 Legendary on my MF DH, so as far as I'm concerned it's pretty much the same. Legendary items on the AH also haven't dropped a lot as well (but then again, it's only been 1 day).

Btw "wait for it" reminds me of Witch Doctor, Shadow Demon and Zeus' quotes from Dota 2 :D

They keep saying "random is random", but I've been surprised. Prior to the new patch, I haven't had a single legendary drop (Acts 1 and 2) during more than 150 hours of playtime. I played the new patch last night for the first time and in less than 4 hours, I had 2 drop (Monster Power 1, Act 1). One (a two-handed staff) dropped from a normal mob in one of the Defiled Crypts; the other (a badass shield) dropped from an elite in Cathedral Level 2.
    I have played about 6 hrs total since the patch, act 3, 0 mp, 23 pl and have gotten 6 legendarys and an Innas helm that was a nice upgrade for my monk. I am not complaining about the drop rate! I have never had the luck with drops to have more than 12 mill gold at any given time and trying to gear 3 lvl 60 toons was just about impossible until now.
    Justame
    Quote from bnn

Well, they did say they doubled the drops! :D

I got my first ever Inferno legendary last night. Unfortunately it was nothing special, the ilvl 62 2H mace Sledge of Athskeleng, with middle-of-the-road DPS and poorly matched affixes (+int and reduced fury on Hammer of the Ancients). Sold for 40,000 or some such.
    Quote from bnn

Love the comment from your friend.
    "fuck dig, fuck dig, fuck dig"
    :D - i laughed ^^
    Btw gz
    I've played for about 5 hours on MP3 with 400% MF and haven't found a single legendary or set item yet. Random is random.
    "Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the small death that brings total obliteration."
    I've played for 2 hours, act 3, 0 MP, MF about 270 with the 5 stacks included. Got one Legendary. Considering that I like slow farming, this is OK and before 1.0.5 it took sometimes a week of 2h/day farming to see anything other than yellow. Think I'll try to increase elites/hour kills to see how it goes.
    Most definitely there's a difference. I have found 16 legendaries in the past 2 days while farming MP7. No kidding.
    Before 1.05 i played roughly 2 weeks (started playing D3 after 1.04) and legendary drops were very rare (less than 10 and the best drop was an intel Skorn). After 1.05 went live, i tried clearing whole Act 1 @ mp1 and found 1 ilv63 legendary (a 2 handed mighty weapon). Then i started doing Act 3 @ mp1 (starting from Keep to Azmodan), drops were better (roughly 1 legendary per run). Total of 6 legendary & 1 set (after 4 runs). Today was the best with dex Unity ring, a socketed str Tyrael's Might and on my last run found 2 Perfect Star plan. Loving the "beam of light" <3 (btw my MF with 5 NV is less than 200 @ plvl12)
    wow, thats massive. I played over 900 hours total. havent drop any useable or saleable legendarys. And not a single set item drop. guess someone is luckier than others
    I used to get legendaries maybe once a week or so before 1.0.5. In the past 2 days while I've been farming keys they literally just kept dropping all over the place. I guess MP7 is really worthwhile to farm though. The additional MF% makes a huge huge difference.

For the record, of all the legendaries, one of them, a set barb sword, sold for 180mil. The rest got me pretty much nothing.
    I think the better notification (pillar of light/ping) for legendaries has as much effect as the increased drop rate.

As for drop rate: they should tone it down a bit...
    -Ash
    I second what Ashes said, the notification help a lot to not miss a thing :)
    It's so ridiculous when people with paragon 70+, perfect gear, capped MF, and infinite time complain about "too many legendaries". You got this gear, MF, and paragon level in order to get all these drops in the first place. Please note that the "doubled" drop rate for casual players means: they will get 2 instead of 1 legendary per week. With casual I mean 50k dps, 100-150 MF incl. 5NV, and MP1-3. If you're farming MP8 with 300k dps and 600MF, you're not only 5 times faster in killing mobs, you also have an about 4 times higher chance of drops. In 10 hours of daily playing you'll find about 20 times more legendaries than a casual player who has 10 hours playtime per week.

Please remember this when you "complain" about having found 20 legendaries and grant the casuals their 1-2 drops per week. Thanks.

Also, the increase in legendaries in the AH is absolutely normal - everyone's farming like crazy now for the Hellfire Ring; lots of people are returning to the game who previously stopped playing because they lost interest. It's just obvious that the AH will be flooded, but it will go back to normal in a few days/weeks.
    I will add that of the number of drops I have found in the last few days, 90% of them are worthless to me and have very little in way of decent stats. IMHO, legendary drops should all have some level of "legendary" stats but they don't. I't like being a rabitt finally getting a hold of that carrot only to find out it's a plastic carrot...
    "There is no cow level!"
    Quote from Bagstone

It's so ridiculous when people with paragon 70+, perfect gear, capped MF, and infinite time complain about "too many legendaries". You got this gear, MF, and paragon level in order to get all these drops in the first place. Please note that the "doubled" drop rate for casual players means: they will get 2 instead of 1 legendary per week. With casual I mean 50k dps, 100-150 MF incl. 5NV, and MP1-3. If you're farming MP8 with 300k dps and 600MF, you're not only 5 times faster in killing mobs, you also have an about 4 times higher chance of drops. In 10 hours of daily playing you'll find about 20 times more legendaries than a casual player who has 10 hours playtime per week.

Please remember this when you "complain" about having found 20 legendaries and grant the casuals their 1-2 drops per week. Thanks.

I totally agree with this. Saying that drop rates are too high because someone like ones described in comment by Bagstone get too much legendaries is just like when someone with 500k DPS DH and uber gear says that game on highest MP is too easy.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes