Legen...wait for it...dary Drop Rates

Crazy first day for me : 1 set item (IK) & 12 (!) Legendaries (at max MF & ML5)
    Most of them was crap or under 1M selling, but still, it was nice :)
    I finally got my first ever set item today. Blackthorne's Spurs...not great.
    4 legendaries in single key run (5nv and run for boss). Was very surprised. This was in Act 3 MP 3
    My little Pet: Wizard and his ranking
    I found none today leveling up a new monk, while my friend who was leveling with me, found 3 =(
    got 4 greens and 2 oranges in 1 day...thats more than whole time since release :D
    got 1 green (+30M gold!!) and 2 keys on MP2 for 3 hours of playing. God bless this patch!
    Found The Grandfather yesterday.. was 700k worth crap.. still it was the only legendary I found but played 5 hours or so.
    2x Frostburn Gauntlets, Chantodo's Will, Won Khim Lao, some lvl 58 wizard hat and Dawn. Vendored everything. This patch certainly didnt improve drop quality :P
    droprate was high after every new patch.

in the following days it will drop, this is normal marketing behavior to get more players to return.
    Quote from pr3ach3r

in the following days it will drop, this is normal marketing behavior to get more players to return.

Conspiracy.
    Quote from WizArt

Quote from pr3ach3r

Conspiracy.
    Yeah my friend is convinced they have a loot button they turn off a little while after a patch since we always get loads of legendaries in the first few days of a patch. I had 7 drop yesterday and I think he got about 3-4. I just put it down to increased mf from MP and the bonus loot chance though.
    Quote from pr3ach3r

Sure. I for one didn't get a single Legendary in a week after 1.0.4 (played at least 3-4 Act 3 runs per day), and the same is true for 1.0.5 so far. 4 hours, 0 legendaries (mp3 act1/2)
    for the conspiracy theorist ,6 hours played y-day mp3 no set no legendary
    I got a crappy IK hammer, a crappy Ivory Tower and a crappy Sun Keeper on MP3. So more legendaries but all almost unsellable. Looks like they went: "So we took all the bad legendaries and then we DOUBLED them."
    Quote from bigamie

I got a crappy IK hammer, a crappy Ivory Tower and a crappy Sun Keeper on MP3. So more legendaries but all almost unsellable. Looks like they went: "So we took all the bad legendaries and then we DOUBLED them."

This one is smart
    Quote from Diavolo222

Quote from bigamie

This one is smart
    All people want is that one item which will sell for 500 mil and make them rich overnight. They don't care about anything else.

I found a crappy Storm Crow today, sold for 50k. Was it amazing? No. Am I rich? No. Are these items going to drop in price like crazy (lowest one was selling for 30k) and devalue any rares that don't match up even further? Yes.

But did it feel good to play for 2 hours and have a legendary drop? Hell yes.
    I don't get it....

played 4h after patch so far, tried out Act1and Act3, both MP2, I'm pl10 right now and only got 1-2 pieces of gear with MF.
    I got nothing besides yellows, and not even worth anything more than 100k.

I also don't get any oranges/green at 1.0.4...

What am I doing wrong? Doesn't feel like something has doubled.
    well, the two days before the patch I found my first 3 legendaries, one day of th epatch I got only 1 legendary, that means that for me it's less than half :P

Thanks ScyberDragon!!! you're awesome!!:D:D
    Quote from cptcapsi

I don't get it....

played 4h after patch so far, tried out Act1and Act3, both MP2, I'm pl10 right now and only got 1-2 pieces of gear with MF.
    I got nothing besides yellows, and not even worth anything more than 100k.

I also don't get any oranges/green at 1.0.4...

What am I doing wrong? Doesn't feel like something has doubled.

Well... it sounds like your MF is only about 100? Also, there's more to the equation than time spent. The real factor is monsters killed and I'm guessing your kill speed is a lot less than the people finding 4+ a night. Also... it's random.
    Quote from Ruppgu

Well... it sounds like your MF is only about 100? Also, there's more to the equation than time spent. The real factor is monsters killed and I'm guessing your kill speed is a lot less than the people finding 4+ a night. Also... it's random.

Ya... MF without NV is around 100, and yes, monsters per minute is more relevant, but I'm not too slow nor struggling too much (few death a run at hard packs).....but even then, 'slow farmes' should see something, or am I wrong? Such as 1 orange every then and now, not speaking of daily base.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes