Power lvl 10 vs now exp.

Greetings there! ^.^
    I just need a slight help to understand this correctly, and i think other who doesn't know about this will benefit from it aswell!

For example now, when you farm Act 3 inferno for EXP (current patch) , will you still earn more or less EXP than when you farm Act 1 inferno PM lvl 10 ?
    ''current PLVL exp farm this patch VS PLVL exp farm act 1 MP lvl 10''

Trying to figure out from the charts, but i need someone who has tried this and can confirm.

Thanks for your time ^.^
    Its 50% hp increase per MP level and only 10-25% XP gain increase per level, so it will be faster to grind on MP0 for XP. That is unless you're still oneshotting mobs on higher MP levels.
    Also, mobs in Act 1 on MP1 will be equal to mobs in Act3 on MP1 in terms of HP afaik so act wont matter much. Alltho i think there's higher mob density in certain Act3 areas which make it superior to other acts.
    That wasn't really the question, its more that, will the act 1 monsters give same exp as act 3 monsters, because they will have lower health and higher lvl. Not about the exp % but the exp they give, since act 1 monsters turns into lvl 63.
    Quote from Greavers

That wasn't really the question, its more that, will the act 1 monsters give same exp as act 3 monsters, because they will have lower health and higher lvl. Not about the exp % but the exp they give, since act 1 monsters turns into lvl 63.
    Thats the thing i wrote in 2nd part of my previous post, MP will make mobs in Act1 and Act3 equal in terms of hp and damage if i recall correctly.
    Got no idea how much XP will they give tho.
    XP is based on the level of the mob. MP0 Act 3/4 will give the same XP as Act 3/4 gives in 1.0.4. At MP1, all monsters in all acts are the same level (same XP), but you also get 10% bonus XP at MP1. I'm not sure why you're asking about MP10 (you get 160% bonus xp at MP10, but they take much much longer to kill).
    So farming act 1 MP 1 will give more EXP than farming act 3 at the current state?
    Running through entire act 1 perhaps will benefit more exp :P
    Act 3 still has higher mob density, as far as I know, so I think MP0 Act 3 will be the most efficient for most people, until your dps gets high enough that MP1+ isn't slowing you down.
    Quote from PillsPillsPills

Act 3 still has higher mob density, as far as I know, so I think MP0 Act 3 will be the most efficient for most people, until your dps gets high enough that MP1+ isn't slowing you down.

I guess it 'll be a curve depending on gear , but I don't think mp6+ will ever be the fastest exp. ALthough I don't think anyone should do MP0 , always do MP1 to get the MP benefits without really getting slowed down. Atleast that's what I'm going to farm on
    current difficulty level right now live server in act 3 is on ptr roughly mplvl 3-4 on patch 1.05

farming lower levels to increase speed will be fine for most people, if i intend to xp grind it will be on mp2 tbh :) fast and low risk with good chance at decent drops
    Quote from Greavers
    To my understanding there's no difference between MP 10 act 1, 2, 3 or 4. You just play whichever act you prefer, all enemies will end up with almost the same amount of hitpoints.

Thus "current PLVL exp farm this patch VS PLVL exp farm act 1 MP lvl 3-4" should be equal in terms of hitpoints, toughness and experience.
    I think shortly after launch everyone will realize that it's not worth playing above maybe MP6 for any reason, no matter how godly your gear is, and Blizzard will eventually tune the HP values and/or the rewards until it's worth doing. Right now though, the most efficient farming will be whatever MP level you're capable of clearing very quickly. Probably for most people that will be MP1.
    Quote from Zeyk23
    Right now though, the most efficient farming will be whatever MP level you're capable of clearing very quickly. Probably for most people that will be MP1.
    Don't forget about the run time required between each pack tough, you might end up oneshotting everything but you still need almost the same amount of time to reach B starting at A.
    Quote from ballon

Quote from Greavers
    To my understanding there's no difference between MP 10 act 1, 2, 3 or 4. You just play whichever act you prefer, all enemies will end up with almost the same amount of hitpoints.

Thus "current PLVL exp farm this patch VS PLVL exp farm act 1 MP lvl 3-4" should be equal in terms of hitpoints, toughness and experience.

I still dont get it, if I do act 3 on MP lvl 3-4 in 1.0.5 will I face the same monster I am now on inferno act 3 in terms of HP / damage? if so then will I get the same XP I am getting now or around 85%-110% more?
    Quote from ballon

Quote from Greavers

actually I think its more like MP 2-3 then 3-4
    in terms of hp/dmg

xp at mp0 should be the same as live now
    Quote from ballon

Quote from Zeyk23
    Right now though, the most efficient farming will be whatever MP level you're capable of clearing very quickly. Probably for most people that will be MP1.
    Don't forget about the run time required between each pack tough, you might end up oneshotting everything but you still need almost the same amount of time to reach B starting at A.
    Yeah, I think that's the only thing making even the first few MP levels worth it right now. Someone with uber gear can probably slaughter their way through 3-4 with trivial slowdown so the bottleneck is still their runspeed. But more than that and you're just not getting the returns to justify the extra time expenditure, so you're really only in it for the fun of it, which of course we all know isn't good enough for Diablo players.
    As others have said, if we're talking about XP per amount of time spent, this is a complex question involving not only kill speed but also time running between packs. It's something like

XP_over_time = XP / (killing_time + travel_time)

If, for a given act 3 run for a specific player, travel_time is 15 minutes and killing_time at monster power 0 is 0 (IE, you WW past and everything dies immediately) and XP is X,

XP_over_time = X / 15 ~ .06667*X

If MP 1 means it now takes you 3 extra minutes to kill things as you have to zig-zag a little,

XP_over_time = 1.10 * X / 18 ~ .06111*X

So in this totally made-up example, the player would be better off doing MP 0 runs with their current gear. This will change for each player though depending on their gear and at some gear level, ML 1 will almost certainly be more efficient XP-wise than MP 0 for A3/A4.

As far as comparing A1 current to A3 MP 10 in 1.05, I'd find it hard to believe that anyone would level faster in MP 10 in any act. It's a strange comparison to draw, but the health of mobs is going to be so much higher that I'm not sure it will be to anyone's XP benefit to do this unless gear inflation is beyond my wildest expectations.

I feel like Alkaizer routes will probably remain about the best farm route available. I think an A1 route somewhere between MP 1 and 3 (depending on gear) might be reasonable as well though, such as Cemetary / crypts -> Leoric's Manor -> Whimsy. If we're primarily concerned with XP, it's all about getting 5 stacks of NV quickly and then maximizing mob density (or at least minimuzing travel time) once you have them. MP can then be set at a level where killing is fast and you virtually never die, and that's probably going to be close to optimum.
    ...and if you disagree with me, you're probably <insert random ad hominem attack here>.
    When you say MP3 is about the same as 1.0.4 does that take into account the nerfed survivability stats?

Example A: Barbarian with 0 defensive skills plays on 1.0.4 act 3 he then switches to 1.0.5 and for him MP3 is about the same.
    Example B: Barbarian with defensive skills ( Impunity ) plays on 1.0.4 act 3 he then switches to 1.0.5 and for him MP3 is about the same.

Only 1 of those are supposed to be true since defensive skills will be nerfed... so which one is it?
    The same damage/hitpoints/experience pre mitigation since we can't know what specc you're playing. Thus he'll end up taking more damage if he was used to warcry/impunity in 1.0.4.
    Quote from rpgguy

When you say MP3 is about the same as 1.0.4 does that take into account the nerfed survivability stats?

Example A: Barbarian with 0 defensive skills plays on 1.0.4 act 3 he then switches to 1.0.5 and for him MP3 is about the same.
    Example B: Barbarian with defensive skills ( Impunity ) plays on 1.0.4 act 3 he then switches to 1.0.5 and for him MP3 is about the same.

Only 1 of those are supposed to be true since defensive skills will be nerfed... so which one is it?

You're confusing the issue by mixing together the two Inferno difficulty changes in 1.0.5. Think of it as if there were two patches:

- 1.0.5a nerfs all monster damage by 25% and also nerfs defensive skills, so you take somewhat less damage than in 1.0.4 if you keep Warcry and somewhat more than 1.0.4 if you remove it.

- 1.0.5b introduces Monster Power, with MP2-3 being roughly the same difficulty as 1.0.5a.

So in 1.0.5, if you remove War Cry and then play at MP2 you will take more damage than you did before, but not as much as you would have taken by removing War Cry in 1.0.4.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes