Increasing droprates of legendaries/set items is bad...

I know many people complain about the droprates, about not finding good gear. When they do find legendary, they say it's garbage. So all in all, many want better droprates. The game will be more fun they say. Am i right? But every action has it's consequences (duh).
    Let me explain why this will be bad for you:

Part 1: The principles/system/economics

Everyone who uses AH is a part of the economical system. People who don't use it can skip to part 2.
    The AH works like the economics in IRL, it has a system.
    The more items we find the more common they become. They lose value. They lose hype/status. Same thing with gold. Supply and demand. If supply (items) is too high we will have deflation. Those items will be worth less gold and less real money.
    By increasing droprates we will have an increase in supply. How much? Dunno. But thats a fact.

Doubling the droprates for legendary may not sound much to YOU, because YOU haven't found much and doubling 0.00001 is only 0.00002. But to the system, it has a statistical meaning. Just because YOU don't find it doesn't mean that the system as a whole won't find it. As from that droprate increase, the system will DOUBLE the amount of found legenaries. This severely will change how we look at legendaries in the AH. This change happens gradually, obviously. It's not Big Bang.

Part 2: People who are not using the AH

Some people don't care about this system, some people aren't even part of it. Some people just play singleplayer and just want to clear inferno without having to interact with AH. Fine. I understand that. We will finally get Monster powerlevels to fix that. You will able to clear inferno in MP0 if you really feel entitled to finish inferno. Remember that inferno has been nerfed since 1.0.3. It's time for you guys (who don't use AH) to get shit together and finish inferno. It even has been done pre-1.0.3.
    To me, it sounds like everyone expects them to be entitled to finish inferno. But guess what, inferno wasn't originally created for everyone to complete. They wanted us to suffer/die ("you will die, we promise-trailer") and farm for months in order to complete it. Even in this state, there were people completing inferno.
    And AH is genius. In D2 we created mass tradegames and spammed the chats. Trading is a part of the diablo-games. Deal with it. Or stay in hell-difficulty in D3.

Part 3: Equilibrium

Part 1 will create a new equilibrium. A new, higher standard. Prices will stabilize and stop changing so rapidly. People will have greater gear, stronger people. Good items before will be considered less "good" post 1.0.5. Because those items has become more common and therefore also cheaper. Top tier items (the best in the game TODAY) will become cheaper, but will still remain expensive. New top tier items (even better than what we've ever found until today) will come, because now there are more people farming faster, due to this new higher equilibrium. So the new top tiers will resemble the old top tier. And the old top tier will be just good items, example:

tier 1 best items in the game
    tier 2 very good
    tier 3 good
    tier 4 OK
    tier 5 crap

1.0.5 new equilibrium

tier X (newly found, better than tier 1)
    tier 1 very good
    tier 2 good
    tier 3 OK
    tier 4 crap
    tier 5 crappier than crap, probably vendor.

Part 4: So what are you REALLY asking for?

Is it cooler items? Better items? How do we define "good" items?

How "good" an item is depends on the games difficulty. The items' quality is negatively correlated to the difficulty of the game. This means that, better items -> easier difficulty. An overgeared guy will think the game is easy. Mostly because of his items, right? But the items also relate to the rest of the items on the market.

So your "sucky" gear today could actually be godlike depending on the games difficulty and the other items out there. If the game content would be easier, then your items would be considered better. You see? But if you compare your items to the ones on the market it can also be valued in a different way.

So you guys who ask for better items are simply asking for an easier difficulty. You will get that in 1.0.5 automatically by the nerf AND the opportunity to change monsterpower (MP). So why do you want better items when you already get your gear upgraded automatically by the nerfs and the MP-feature?

The cool items we have today are cool and good because they are rarely found and uncommon. Also because they are corresponding well to the games difficulty. Increasing the droprates will eliminate this. You will get your cool items in 1.0.5 due to the droprate increase, but you will soon feel how these become more and more common, less cool. Sure they will stil be good, but we will just have a new equilibrium.

Imagine if the droprates were DECREASED on yellow items, but the rolls/affixes INCREASED. this would make you feel more excited about finding a yellow item. the same goes with legendaries. the less droprate the more excitement.

Part 5: Real consequences

So the biggest concern is this. Let me elaborate:
    You want money? Sure, i'm the government (blizzard) and i'll give you more money. How? By printing out more money (increasing droprates), im gonna print more dollarbills for y'all. So you all get to FEEL less poor and more rich. What will happen to the economical system in the country? The dollarvalue will decrease. Dollar will be worth less the more we print. OFC there will still be high top tiers items worth shitmounts of money, just like there would be top tier companies IRL. But they would still lose value.

It's OBVIOUS that everyone wants money (good items), but everyone can't have it the easy way. Fight for it. Work for it. You work for your money. You climb the ladder. Sure maybe you step on the weaker. You conquer and win. But this is a game.

Isn't it more fun with a challenging game?

Part 6: Final; Time Vs Money

RMAH is dying. It might not bother some of you (read part 2), but to us willing to sell items in order to earn some money (motivational factor to keep farming). And what's wrong with buying items for real money? it's their choice, their money. They waste their real money on digital items. And we waste precious time to properly farm those items. It's Time vs Money. Win-Win.
    ... and above all it is unnecessary.

Paragon levels alone are so beneficial that one can assume finding legendaries on a regular basis.
    I for one am currently running with paragon 27 which is 176% MF (with some MF on my gear) and I'm getting 1 legendary every 1-3 Alkaizer runs... as an example. And even if I'd judge my killspeed as not bad I can imagine that running constantly with over 150% MF would also benefit even casual players on lower DPS levels or those playing other classes/builds apart from WW-barbs.
    Yeah... I think the changes in 1.0.5 are very scary in regards of the in game economy.

You do need to realize that not everyone cares about the economy though. There are many people that only play the game to gear out their own character and they'd rather get gear that enables them to faceroll the game without using the AH. Those people win this patch.

Personally, I already have great gear and the only thing I'm doing these days is farming for gear to sell on RMAH and once every blue moon, an upgrade for myself. I would much prefer them to increase the quality of items while making less drop. Since the standard of items is increasing, it just means more trash I'll have to wade through so I'm working on selling all my gear and just giving up on D3 for a bit. D3 is a good game so I'm sure I'll be back in a few months and by that time, gear required to faceroll content will be a few mil.
    Quote from Ruppgu

You do need to realize that not everyone cares about the economy though. There are many people that only play the game to gear out their won character and they'd rather get gear that enables them to faceroll the game without using the AH. Those people win this patch.

i do realize. read part 2. got it all covered!

thx for replying :)
    So many D3 eco predicts were made, based on real eco , but 0\100 predictions came true. I wonder how people can 100 times be wrong, and still talking same shit
    Quote from Wakka9000

So many D3 eco predicts were made, based on real eco , but 0\100 predictions came true. I wonder how people can 100 times be wrong, and still talking same shit

wait, so you're saying the prices of items havent lowered? or that the itemstandard isnt different (much higher) from before? or that the gold isnt losing value in the RMAH? 0,5-0,6 euros/million gold ?

come with arguments
    Part 1: Economy blah blah. Yeah sure, double the drop rate and the prices will drop, probably about a factor of two. Not a big deal, will be eaten up by inflation eventually (yeah, legendary gold prices are going up, gold/$ is going down... we already have strong inflation)

Part 2: Elitist crap. Guess what, the main purpose of the game is to make players happy (and keep them playing and generate revenue for Blizzard), not to give some small group who can sink 100+ hours into the game a large e-peen. Telling people they are second class (i.e. they can only farm in hell) doesn't make them happy.

Part 3: The drop rates only change the time scale of equilibration. The process itself always happens. The question is, what is a good speed for this process. If it is too slow, then players get frustrated and drop out, and you have a dead game. Again, Blizzard is not interested in the top 10,000 of diabloprogress, not even top 100,000. They want the top 5 million, i.e. also those who just hit 60, who play 3 hours a week, etc.

Part 4: This is wrong. Sure, we want gear to beat the game. But there are also other factors. You look at the diablo3.com game guide, you see there is a set for the class. One possible goal (i.e. beat the game) is to eventually wear that set together with a legendary weapon. Currently the chance of even finding one piece of their class set is very small for casual players. The chance that they can afford it in the gold AH is even smaller. Players not happy = bad.

Part 5: Yeah, but fortunately this is a game, and not real life where many people have to work very hard to just afford the bare minimum.

Part 6: Fortunately I don't consider the possibility to earn money a motivational factor here. The hourly wage is just too low. If you want to make money off the RMAH, I guess you will have to work the game very hard. Good luck with that ;)

Higher legendary drop rates is good for the majority of players. This is what matters!
    Quote from Ruppgu
    You do need to realize that not everyone cares about the economy though. There are many people that only play the game to gear out their own character and they'd rather get gear that enables them to faceroll the game without using the AH. Those people win this patch.

Me
    Quote from constipationnow

Quote from Wakka9000

wait, so you're saying the prices of items havent lowered? or that the itemstandard isnt different (much higher) from before? or that the gold isnt losing value in the RMAH? 0,5-0,6 euros/million gold ?

come with arguments

I will just wait for 1.0.5 to go live, and then i will laught at you, and others prophets of dead builds\ lowprices AH
    Quote from thundersteele

Part 1: Economy blah blah. Yeah sure, double the drop rate and the prices will drop, probably about a factor of two. Not a big deal, will be eaten up by inflation eventually (yeah, legendary gold prices are going up, gold/$ is going down... we already have strong inflation)

Part 2: Elitist crap. Guess what, the main purpose of the game is to make players happy (and keep them playing and generate revenue for Blizzard), not to give some small group who can sink 100+ hours into the game a large e-peen. Telling people they are second class (i.e. they can only farm in hell) doesn't make them happy.

Part 3: The drop rates only change the time scale of equilibration. The process itself always happens. The question is, what is a good speed for this process. If it is too slow, then players get frustrated and drop out, and you have a dead game. Again, Blizzard is not interested in the top 10,000 of diabloprogress, not even top 100,000. They want the top 5 million, i.e. also those who just hit 60, who play 3 hours a week, etc.

Part 4: This is wrong. Sure, we want gear to beat the game. But there are also other factors. You look at the diablo3.com game guide, you see there is a set for the class. One possible goal (i.e. beat the game) is to eventually wear that set together with a legendary weapon. Currently the chance of even finding one piece of their class set is very small for casual players. The chance that they can afford it in the gold AH is even smaller. Players not happy = bad.

Part 5: Yeah, but fortunately this is a game, and not real life where many people have to work very hard to just afford the bare minimum.

Part 6: Fortunately I don't consider the possibility to earn money a motivational factor here. The hourly wage is just too low. If you want to make money off the RMAH, I guess you will have to work the game very hard. Good luck with that ;)

Higher legendary drop rates is good for the majority of players. This is what matters!

haha what are you talking about. even if we did have a strong gold inflation, it wouldn't change the fact that this inflation is DECREASED due to the droprate increase. because they are doing this droprate increase without doing a goldincrease or any item-sinks for that matter.

ofc the equilibrium never settles at 100%, but this change will still speed things up: in the complete wrong direction imo.

they've said numerous times that they want to satisfy both casual and dedicated players. in the latest interview with jay wilson when he talks about MP, he said this himself. MP10 was meant for dedicated, MP0 casual, more or less. so your second argument falls. but i do understand that they want to win the majority, but it's just not the full truth.

who says D3 is my job? im playing a game for fun, and i earn money aswell. the farmcontent is too short, though. my biggest motivational factor is the RMAH.

to me it's just sad. i remember the forums when inferno was announced. so positive and i even remembered a guy commented: "regardless of how much we whine, DO NOT NERF inferno" etc. then everyone whined. as jay wilson said in the latest interview: "I feel that Monster Power is that fix. That’s kind of what we were hinting at, because we knew we wanted to do this for 1.05. Because you have two groups of players. You have players who think the game is too hard, and you have players who think the game is just fine or too easy.
    It’s been our anecdotal observation that more people think it’s too hard than not, but it’s hard for us to even know that. You know, it’s always the squeaky wheel that… complains. (Laughs.) So, it could be that everybody thinks the game is too easy, and we just haven’t heard from those people. So the point of this system is to put that more in the hands of the players, and they can decide how they prefer to play."

the majority that you are talking about may not be as big as you think it is.
    I don't agree at all. Finding good gear is fun, buying good gear isn't that fun. They should have balanced the droprates in a way that is fun for people who don't use the AH from the very beginning, and then figured out a way to restrict the AH afterwards. Bind on Equip gear would help a lot. I'm hoping that their flagrant disregard for the growing item supply is a sign that they're planning on making some changes along those lines in the future.

Items will definitely get cheaper in the AH but it's not as big a deal as you make it out to be, because the addition of Monster Power allows people to continue to experience challenging gameplay if that's what they want even with ridiculous gear. Beating Inferno is no longer a barrier to entry, anybody can do it at MP0. If you want to faceroll you can just keep playing at MP1 and that's okay. If you want bigger challenges you can ramp up the MP until you find something you enjoy, and that's okay too(though the time/reward ratio of high MP levels needs work).
    As long as people play, more gold is found and the more gold there is (even with the 15% sink from the AH), the more expensive the items will be. Doubling the small chance to get a legendary will not change this.

Also about paragraph number 2, it is totally wrong ! I don't use the AH and I don't care about killing Diablo in Inferno. Diablo games are about finding items and I'm farming Act 3 Inferno in order to find items.
    Quote from Maschinentrauma

Paragon levels alone are so beneficial that one can assume finding legendaries on a regular basis.
    I for one am currently running with paragon 27 which is 176% MF (with some MF on my gear) and I'm getting 1 legendary every 1-3 Alkaizer runs... as an example. And even if I'd judge my killspeed as not bad I can imagine that running constantly with over 150% MF would also benefit even casual players on lower DPS levels or those playing other classes/builds apart from WW-barbs.

not entirely true ... The last time I found a set/legendary I was plvl 38. I just hit 43 yesterday. Quite a dry spell. I am running Act 3 with full 375 MF. For a while I was finding on a regular basis but have not seen anything in ages. It got to the point now that I all but stopped playing until 1.05 comes out. Just because you get regular drops you should not assume everyone does. Obviously Blizzard's data shows that many people are probably in my situation and that is why they see the need to double thre drop rate.
    Quote from constipationnow

So you guys who ask for better items are simply asking for an easier difficulty. You will get that in 1.0.5 automatically by the nerf AND the opportunity to change monsterpower (MP). So why do you want better items when you already get your gear upgraded automatically by the nerfs and the MP-feature?

this part bothers me, all Diablo games, including D3 weren't created to give you an ultimate challenge to your skill, they were made as a game where your primary objective is to hunt items until you have the best ones.

i already have the gear to faceroll trough current content but i still want better gear, seems a bit pointless perhaps but it was always like that with Diablo.

what bothers me is the bland, unimaginative loot but that's for another topic.

edit:

Quote from Maschinentrauma

i went from Plvl 46 to 49 (took me around 25 alkaizer route runs) with around 220% MF and got 3 legendary items so you getting 1 every 1-2 runs is very lucky and if you dont realize that then you are very ignorant.
    Agree with the OP, great post.

People who don't like the game as it is strike me as children whining that they should have candy for dinner. They're not thinking about the long term at all - the stomach aches, the tooth decay, the lack of nutrition - they're only thinking about the short term. On the theme of acting childish, they also seem not to understand basic economics.

When all is said and done, anyone who played D2 appreciates the AH. Without it we still traded - but we joined "Tradezzzz" games which were limited to 8 players including us. We had to hope one of these people would have something we wanted, and that we in turn had something they wanted, and that lastly, the two items were of roughly equal value. Otherwise, perfect skulls and SoJs were used as currencies, depending on which patch it was (I hated LoD, so my experiences are from Classic D2).

In fact, even all of this wasn't enough, and d2jsp was born. When people have to rely on bartering the way we did thousands of years ago, and a huge black market erupts around giving things an actuall value in actual currency, it was Blizzard's only real option to implement the AH.

The AH made trading easy and fun so that we could get back to doing what we enjoyed most - playing the game with the new gear we just traded for.
    i created this account just so i could post here

im sorry but this bullcrap about the "economy" and the whole "market" concept in D3 is what ruined it for most people in the first place

when the RMAH was announced way back in august last year people where up in arms about it, and for a good reason, they just didn't believe that blizzard could implement what's ecensially a pay to win system in the game, while they justification was reasonable and until this day i do give D3 the benefict of being one of the few games that has succeful stablished a working AH and what you guys could describe as a working economy, here's the problem, the whole, THE WHOLE game is balanced towards it, it's as simple has that and that's what ruined the game for most people myself included

how's so you may ask? well to start, the itemization in this game is absolutely terrible, and that's one of the core if not the core component of ARPGs like Diablo, random generated loot, this basically means that you have to farm the same place, not for hours or days at a time, but for WEEKS to get a decent item YOUR current class can use, the problem here is that to farm you need good gear, but you can't get good gear to farm efficiently since nothing good ever drops, so how do you progress the game at a reasonable rate? by farming gold and using the GAH or in case you want to waste money on pixels, the RMAH wich i completely despise but that's besides the point, after you get your gear you can start farming in hopes to get something good you can sell on the AH, not even something you can use because after a point you'll realise that's just a waste

in less words the gearing up process in D3 goes like this farm gold or pull out credit card --> buy the gear you need to progress foward --> try to farm in order to cover the gold or money loss --> keep farming for more items to sell --> buy better gear after your funds increase, then just keep farming until you get sick of the game, oh and if you noticed, nowhere i mention the remote possibility of getting a good item that you can use and is better than most items in the AH, that's because that doesn't happends, as simple as that, and... again, that's pretty much the point of the whole game and if you try to go trought the torture of sticking to it and not using the AH ever, you're just gonna get sick of the game after a few weeks just as i did ( 600+ hours by now)

when the game first came out all legendary where shit and the best items were rares, but getting a good rare you can use is well... so rare that you are better off using the AH, again, not a coincidence, since most likely you just wouldn't find that item you need in order to progress by yourself, but guess what? there's some lucky SOB out there out of the millions and millions of ppl that played the shit out of this game in the first weeks has it, so you either use the AH or use the AH, there's no place in between, im sure farming until your fingers fall off isn't exactly the definition of fun for sane people, or at least i really hope so....

now blizzard is moving out of this, slowly but surely they realised that without players playing your game there's isn't gonna be a economy to care about, there isn't gonna be income from the RMAH, and D3 will just die

so they improve drop chances for all inferno acts, actually bother to balance inferno, make every elite pack drop a guaranteed rare after 5 stacks of NV and after that countless balance changes to the balance of the game, from how some things work ( like making mortar show it impact zone on the ground or frozen it's AOE radius so you can properly dodge it) to just plain fix things that shouldn't have been the way they were, legendarys being the main example

and they keep showing interest on moving the game balance towards players as it should have been before, as it should be, IN ANY GAME EVER MADE, unless it's freaking EVE wich pretty much is moved foward by it's economy ( wich still controled by THE players i may add), but this is diablo, and it always has been about getting the best items and loot possible for your characters, that was my main goal in D3 until i realised i was just wasting my time farming in hopes of getting something half decent to use so i could progress foward in the game in hopes to get better items so i could keep farming and farming and farming and well, farming, the game is just unrewarding as shit, yes you could farm for months on D2 and never get the item you wanted but at least you got yourself a bunch of items you could use in some way, here you just get vendor crap, EVERY SINGLE TIME

blizzards needs to find that middle ground where you can actually get the best item in the game by yourself and feel satisfaction by doing so without literally, wasting your whole life in this game, because that's just not reasonable, you should feel good by opening your character tab and see that your items and character is on par with the rest of the ppl playing, this is just not the way it is right now for most of the playerbase ( yes i refer to most people because, to be honest, if only the HARDCORE fanbase that can stand this game is playing it then the whole D3 playerbase would be just plain laughable, i don't wanna even thing about it)

Monster power is a big step foward in the right direction, it just add so much to the game, makes it harder for the people that want it to be that way ( at the same time making it more rewarding for those who take on the challenge) but is flexible so people can tune it to their liking and STILL get BIG beneficts from it since every moster after mp1 is lvl63 this means same drop rates from act 3/4 across all act and that's really good, and the fact that only items after ilvl58 drop on inferno is a godsent, something that should have been in from the start, because, seriusly guys, how many items lvl52-59/60 you got on pretty much every act on inferno before? so yeah, good changes

i do not hold any grudge towards people or "hate" the people that use the RMAH or use it as a job because, it's there and it's there to be used, but please, for the love of god, don't be so selfish, you're NOT THE ONLY ONE PLAYING THIS GAME, the fact that you got lucky and are in a position where you can actually use this game to get some money does not make you any better than anybody else and does not give you this possition of herarchy where you thing Blizzard has some sort of obligation to keep going the economy that players made themself the way it is right now and needs to constatly prioritize it OVER EVERYTHING ELSE?.....

how's that a reasonable way to think in any way shape or form, D3 is a game and games main purporse is to be enjoyable, and right now, it just ISN'T for most of the playerbase, and blizzard is aware of it and is finally taking actions to solve it and yet you opose it because you...won't be able to make more easy money by playing a game? are you kidding me? think about this for a second, if nobody was playing this game you won't get a single cent because regardless of how much free time you have in your hands you won't be able to make money because nobody is playing the game, and D3 is heading that way, without changes the game is going right down the pooper and yet you cannot get the single fact that balancing a game towards your playerbase is good because it makes people wanna play your game and as such, make them more open towards other system inside the game like the whole AH?

please stop being so close minded and let this game evolve, let blizzard do their thing, support these changes, because in the long run they will make the game better FOR EVERYBODY and for god sake stop being so goddamn negative and bitchy about every change blizzard does to the game that point it in the right direction, dear god

TL:DR: THESE CURRENT CHANGES WILL MAKE THE GAME BETTER FOR EVERYONE, STOP BITCHING ABOUT EVERYTHING

TL:DR: THESE CURRENT CHANGES WILL MAKE THE GAME BETTER FOR EVERYONE, STOP BITCHING ABOUT EVERYTHING

:Thumbs Up:
    nice wall of text ;)

i created this account just so i could post here

im sorry but this bullcrap about the "economy" and the whole "market" concept in D3 is what ruined it for most people in the first place

when the RMAH was announced way back in august last year people where up in arms about it, and for a good reason, they just didn't believe that blizzard could implement what's ecensially a pay to win system in the game, while they justification was reasonable and until this day i do give D3 the benefict of being one of the few games that has succeful stablished a working AH and what you guys could describe as a working economy, here's the problem, the whole, THE WHOLE game is balanced towards it, it's as simple has that and that's what ruined the game for most people myself included

how's so you may ask? well to start, the itemization in this game is absolutely terrible, and that's one of the core if not the core component of ARPGs like Diablo, random generated loot, this basically means that you have to farm the same place, not for hours or days at a time, but for WEEKS to get a decent item YOUR current class can use, the problem here is that to farm you need good gear, but you can't get good gear to farm efficiently since nothing good ever drops, so how do you progress the game at a reasonable rate? by farming gold and using the GAH or in case you want to waste money on pixels, the RMAH wich i completely despise but that's besides the point, after you get your gear you can start farming in hopes to get something good you can sell on the AH, not even something you can use because after a point you'll realise that's just a waste

in less words the gearing up process in D3 goes like this farm gold or pull out credit card --> buy the gear you need to progress foward --> try to farm in order to cover the gold or money loss --> keep farming for more items to sell --> buy better gear after your funds increase, then just keep farming until you get sick of the game, oh and if you noticed, nowhere i mention the remote possibility of getting a good item that you can use and is better than most items in the AH, that's because that doesn't happends, as simple as that, and... again, that's pretty much the point of the whole game and if you try to go trought the torture of sticking to it and not using the AH ever, you're just gonna get sick of the game after a few weeks just as i did ( 600+ hours by now)

when the game first came out all legendary where shit and the best items were rares, but getting a good rare you can use is well... so rare that you are better off using the AH, again, not a coincidence, since most likely you just wouldn't find that item you need in order to progress by yourself, but guess what? there's some lucky SOB out there out of the millions and millions of ppl that played the shit out of this game in the first weeks has it, so you either use the AH or use the AH, there's no place in between, im sure farming until your fingers fall off isn't exactly the definition of fun for sane people, or at least i really hope so....

now blizzard is moving out of this, slowly but surely they realised that without players playing your game there's isn't gonna be a economy to care about, there isn't gonna be income from the RMAH, and D3 will just die

so they improve drop chances for all inferno acts, actually bother to balance inferno, make every elite pack drop a guaranteed rare after 5 stacks of NV and after that countless balance changes to the balance of the game, from how some things work ( like making mortar show it impact zone on the ground or frozen it's AOE radius so you can properly dodge it) to just plain fix things that shouldn't have been the way they were, legendarys being the main example

and they keep showing interest on moving the game balance towards players as it should have been before, as it should be, IN ANY GAME EVER MADE, unless it's freaking EVE wich pretty much is moved foward by it's economy ( wich still controled by THE players i may add), but this is diablo, and it always has been about getting the best items and loot possible for your characters, that was my main goal in D3 until i realised i was just wasting my time farming in hopes of getting something half decent to use so i could progress foward in the game in hopes to get better items so i could keep farming and farming and farming and well, farming, the game is just unrewarding as shit, yes you could farm for months on D2 and never get the item you wanted but at least you got yourself a bunch of items you could use in some way, here you just get vendor crap, EVERY SINGLE TIME

blizzards needs to find that middle ground where you can actually get the best item in the game by yourself and feel satisfaction by doing so without literally, wasting your whole life in this game, because that's just not reasonable, you should feel good by opening your character tab and see that your items and character is on par with the rest of the ppl playing, this is just not the way it is right now for most of the playerbase ( yes i refer to most people because, to be honest, if only the HARDCORE fanbase that can stand this game is playing it then the whole D3 playerbase would be just plain laughable, i don't wanna even thing about it)

Monster power is a big step foward in the right direction, it just add so much to the game, makes it harder for the people that want it to be that way ( at the same time making it more rewarding for those who take on the challenge) but is flexible so people can tune it to their liking and STILL get BIG beneficts from it since every moster after mp1 is lvl63 this means same drop rates from act 3/4 across all act and that's really good, and the fact that only items after ilvl58 drop on inferno is a godsent, something that should have been in from the start, because, seriusly guys, how many items lvl52-59/60 you got on pretty much every act on inferno before? so yeah, good changes

i do not hold any grudge towards people or "hate" the people that use the RMAH or use it as a job because, it's there and it's there to be used, but please, for the love of god, don't be so selfish, you're NOT THE ONLY ONE PLAYING THIS GAME, the fact that you got lucky and are in a position where you can actually use this game to get some money does not make you any better than anybody else and does not give you this possition of herarchy where you thing Blizzard has some sort of obligation to keep going the economy that players made themself the way it is right now and needs to constatly prioritize it OVER EVERYTHING ELSE?.....

how's that a reasonable way to think in any way shape or form, D3 is a game and games main purporse is to be enjoyable, and right now, it just ISN'T for most of the playerbase, and blizzard is aware of it and is finally taking actions to solve it and yet you opose it because you...won't be able to make more easy money by playing a game? are you kidding me? think about this for a second, if nobody was playing this game you won't get a single cent because regardless of how much free time you have in your hands you won't be able to make money because nobody is playing the game, and D3 is heading that way, without changes the game is going right down the pooper and yet you cannot get the single fact that balancing a game towards your playerbase is good because it makes people wanna play your game and as such, make them more open towards other system inside the game like the whole AH?

please stop being so close minded and let this game evolve, let blizzard do their thing, support these changes, because in the long run they will make the game better FOR EVERYBODY and for god sake stop being so goddamn negative and bitchy about every change blizzard does to the game that point it in the right direction, dear god

i read about 65% of your post. just worth mentioning if i misunderstood something.

i agree with you that Monsterpower level is a great leap towards satisfying both dedicated/hardcore fans and casual players.

what i disagree with you is what you think is required in order to farm/clear inferno. not much is required, especially not after 1.0.3 nerf + 1.0.4 nerf... and now we even got 1.0.5 nerf and MP0/1... and not only that... they've increased/doubled the loot table already... and now they want to double legendary droprates? when is it enough?

they haven't enough item-sinks/gold-sinks etc. in order to keep the market in check. why does everyone feel entitled to the best items in the game? everyone cant be the best. this wasn't even the case in D2. you focus too much on the color of the item instead of thinking objectively on your own character. How strong is he/she, really?

it's not we whom are selfish. i just feel that the current market is crashing. and i know many people care, they just dont squeek like jay wilson said. the AH is a part of diablo. and the AH existed in D2, just in a different shape/form. and anyone who played D2 multiplayer and traded at least one single time was part of that system. deal with it,.
    Not using AH for buying.
    Finished Inferno in patch 1.0.3

I welcome double (200%) droprate of legendary.

Swedish Official Fansite www.Diablo3pvp.se

I think its one of the best changes so far. I have good gear and clear act 3 easliy but all items are from AH, havent found any items to upgrade any of my char. It motivates me that i can find my own upgrades and not have to play act 3 runs 10h a day just to buy a item that got 30 more dex for example. I know a lot of people who quit playing d3 for that reason so for me the game is going to be alot more fun to play now.
    I think that the good and high rolled items are going to hold there value and be worth grinding for.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes