Legendary items to roll affixes based on Monster Level

From last the PTR patch notes:

"Affixes on items will now roll their level based on the level of the monster killed (rather than the item's level). This now applies to random affixes on Legendary items"

I am trying to understand what this means, but I'm not sure.

As far as I understand, setting MP to 1 makes all monsters level 63. This means we will see the stats of lower-level legendaries rise to stats you would expect on a level 63 version of the same item.

But will it rise beyond level 63? In other words, do higher MP levels set monster levels to 64. 65, etc? And will this mean we get to see lvl 64 or 65 versions of legendaries?

I hope this is not true - it would make all the current legendaries into nearly-worthless placeholders for their level 65 versions. This would be a worst-case scenario, in my view. I do not believe this will be the case, I just want to know for sure that it is not.

Does anyone know for sure?
    Monster power 1 makes all the monsters in inferno level 63, which means, while you have monster power on, all the affixes on items will be ilvl 63 rolls, doesn't matter which level the item is.

There are no monsters or items above level 63, random properties on legendary items will also be ilvl 63 when monster power is active.

Monster power will increase the damage and health of monsters, it wont increase their level beyond 63.
    Ok, thanks.. clear
    Nah, you can see it this way. Any MP above MP0 is activating moster level, and when it's activated every monster will be lvl 63, regardless if it's MP1 or MP10.
    i dunno having mp10 being truly worth the trouble doesn't sound all that bad now does it?
    No need for MP10, you just need MP1 to get the high affixes on all the ilvl 62 and below legendaries.

edit: just on the +x magic properties part, the rest is fix
    Eventually MP10 will be able to be run by people with better than average gear. Do you remember how difficult it was to even beat Diablo? They are making the game hard at first to give people a challenge. I see streams of the best players doing MP10. As gear gets better, and I am sure nefs will come as well, MP10 will EVENTUALLY become do-able. But for now, you are right. MP5-6 is probably going to be the best if you can survive and not die to every pack.
    Quote from ballon

No need for MP10, you just need MP1 to get the high affixes on all the ilvl 62 and below legendaries.

or just farm act 3 on monster power 0.
    Will this affect the random rolls on ilv 63 legendaries at all compared to what they are on live?

Being ilv 63 they should already be rolling ilv 63 random stats right?
    Quote from StoneTheRock

Will this affect the random rolls on ilv 63 legendaries at all compared to what they are on live?

Being ilv 63 they should already be rolling ilv 63 random stats right?

Correct. If the newest PTR notes hold though, other sets/legends will roll better stats on their random attribs. It might make a few lower level legends more worthwhile (but most of them will still be crap).
    the only difference between MP1 and MP10 is the MF, the chances you will have more affixes. think about it this way.... u play MP1 and get a 1handed weapon woth 300 dps 800 lifeonthit 3lifesteal socket, at mp10 it would have probably had 2 more affixs, and maybe a damage modifier... so something that was complete crap before is actually now godly.. the biggest problem with MP10 is the hp's the monsters have is soooo much higher it take forever to kill them making it non efficient unless your at 300k dps.

i can farm MP10 at 150k dps on my barb buffed... but it takes to long to kill anything. mp6 is where its at, can itemize more offensive
    Quote from Fizbini

the only difference between MP1 and MP10 is the MF, the chances you will have more affixes. think about it this way.... u play MP1 and get a 1handed weapon woth 300 dps 800 lifeonthit 3lifesteal socket, at mp10 it would have probably had 2 more affixs, and maybe a damage modifier... so something that was complete crap before is actually now godly.. the biggest problem with MP10 is the hp's the monsters have is soooo much higher it take forever to kill them making it non efficient unless your at 300k dps.

i can farm MP10 at 150k dps on my barb buffed... but it takes to long to kill anything. mp6 is where its at, can itemize more offensive

lol what?

While it's true, that it's more likely to roll 6 affix rares with more MF, you are COMPLETELY OVERSTATING the effect. Read the amazing MF thread in the theorycrafting section of this site to get a true idea of just how much of an effect MF has on creating more affix rares (it's not a large amount).
    Quote from Ruppgu

Quote from Fizbini

lol what?

While it's true, that it's more likely to roll 6 affix rares with more MF, you are COMPLETELY OVERSTATING the effect. Read the amazing MF thread in the theorycrafting section of this site to get a true idea of just how much of an effect MF has on creating more affix rares (it's not a large amount).

i think maybe your underestimating MF
    how many times have u found a rare where it has 4 affix's but didnt have stamina, or didnt have all resistance, so it was crap. having even a slight chance of getting more affix compounds the chances of getting better items.

especially weapons that dont roll a damage modifier.

how many times have you said, "oh man that would have been a perfect item if it rolled AR"
    Quote from Fizbini

Quote from Ruppgu

Quote from Fizbini

lol what?

i think maybe your underestimating MF
    how many times have u found a rare where it has 4 affix's but didnt have stamina, or didnt have all resistance, so it was crap. having even a slight chance of getting more affix compounds the chances of getting better items.

especially weapons that dont roll a damage modifier.

how many times have you said, "oh man that would have been a perfect item if it rolled AR"

There is no question that a 6-affix is better than a 4-affix. The thing you don't understand is that you need an insane amount of MF to make the chances noticeably better. Like, 400% MF does not give you 400% higher chance to get more affixes. It's more like... 10%.
    Quote from ballon

MP10 gives an insane amount of bonus MF/GF/Exp. MF/GF even goes over the maximum with it. If legendaries drop are already solid with 350 MF, imagine with almost twice that amount.

If you know the effects of MF on gear quality then I'm sure people who can farm MP8-10 will definitely do it. Insanely high chance of getting good items, even if it's slower. Paired with insane bonus XP and gold/run. I would do it if I had the gear :P for the challenge and the guaranteed reward.
    even in reallllly reallly good gear its take forever to kill the elites, im guessing it will never outweigh choosing a lower difficulty with faster killing. who knows though, with trifector 63 affix ammy's and rings, maybe we"ll be able to get enough dps for efficient mp10 farming
    Can someone explain the base idea behind all of this? I guess I’m missing the something.

If affixes are based on the level of the monster killed not the ilevel of the item then what is the ilevel good for? Is some ilevel 58 that dropped from a level 63 monster going to roll equal stats to an i63 item?

or are then changing the entire loot design so level 63 monsters only drop i63? Level 62 only drops i62…. and so forth.

Sorry if this is a really dumb questions.
    No they basically change it that ilvl doesn't really matter any longer*, it's only the monster's level that counts. And all monsters, beginning with monster power = 1 (up to 10) will be lvl 63.

* well, it's still dictates the armor/base damage of the item, but their idea is that actually everything should be worthwhile picking up.
    Quote from ballon

No they basically change it that ilvl doesn't really matter any longer*, it's only the monster's level that counts. And all monsters, beginning with monster power = 1 (up to 10) will be lvl 63.

* well, it's still dictates the armor/base damage of the item, but their idea is that actually everything should be worthwhile picking up.

I see. Thanks for clearing that up. I guess i don't know why they have ilevel if its mostly meaningless, but it's great that there will be more good gear dropping.
    Quote from Windsurfer21

Can someone explain the base idea behind all of this? I guess I’m missing the something.

If affixes are based on the level of the monster killed not the ilevel of the item then what is the ilevel good for? Is some ilevel 58 that dropped from a level 63 monster going to roll equal stats to an i63 item?

or are then changing the entire loot design so level 63 monsters only drop i63? Level 62 only drops i62…. and so forth.

Sorry if this is a really dumb questions.

the ilvl of the base item gives it the base stats. Because of this, items of higher ilvl will have slightly more armor/dps if it's an armor piece/weapon. Rings/Ammys will be the same no matter what ilvl they are.

So basically, there's a small difference between ilvl but most people won't care if the stats are good enough.

//edit: I r slow again
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes