Hellfire ring nerfed?

It seems like he is doing only 20k dmg now ...
    Good, it was way too OP.
    cant wait to test it,
    but it was op, what ive seen in video ^^
    Diablo 3 Hardcore Stream
    twitch.tv/desolacer

He was op .. but 97% nerf? it's useless now :\
    Quote from ama

He was op .. but 97% nerf? it's useless now :\

A ring with 35% XP bonus, high main stat and 4 random ilvl 63 properties useless? i guess we rank our items differently then.
    It's not how OP it was. It's how useless it is now, lol
    20k dmg is still a solid proc. The value of attack speed will continue to go up I guess. I got lots of procs on my monk, and even with "only" 20k dmg it's gonna be my best item.

I wanna start farming hellfire rings NOW!
    And can merc wear it?
    Quote from Chromengel

And can merc wear it?

Yes she/he can
    Huge nerf, reduce 98%~99%...
    Quote from Jicco

No level requirement, good proc, high main stat and guaranteed 4 random rolls is useless? Well in that case I want a few more useless items like this.

Did people really believe there would be a ring with 3-5m damage proc? Really?
    Quote from Ashes

This..
    Quote from Ashes

Quote from Jicco

No level requirement, good proc, high main stat and guaranteed 4 random rolls is useless? Well in that case I want a few more useless items like this.

The only thing that makes this ring better than a rare ring the "no level requirement". Rare rings after the patch can roll with ilvl 63 affixes, so can blow this away.

3-5m might be a little much, but they nerfed it too much. It's a risk versus reward thing and now the ring isn't worth all the farming and luck involved in getting the materials to create it.

20k isn't much of a proc when I'm already doing crits for 350k. I would probably lose dps by replacing my current CC and CD ring and replacing it with the hellfire. If this is supposed to be the best ring than it should be the best ring.
    When will blizzard learn that static numbers on procs is a bad idea? A 20k proc is pathetic when your normal hits are doing 300-600k. To be balanced and worthwhile, it needs to have a starting value and then scale based on your main stat/+dmg. That also stops it from being overpowered at low levels. I'm not sure how no one at Blizzard can figure this out.... it's disappointing really.
    Quote from Vuron

Quote from Ashes

Quote from Jicco

The only thing that makes this ring better than a rare ring the "no level requirement". Rare rings after the patch can roll with ilvl 63 affixes, so can blow this away.

3-5m might be a little much, but they nerfed it too much. It's a risk versus reward thing and now the ring isn't worth all the farming and luck involved in getting the materials to create it.

20k isn't much of a proc when I'm already doing crits for 350k. I would probably lose dps by replacing my current CC and CD ring and replacing it with the hellfire. If this is supposed to be the best ring than it should be the best ring.

It can roll 4 random ilvl 63 properties, its not supposed to replace a high end current ring if you get one with crappy rolled stats just because it has a godly proc.

You will have to work and do many runs to get a good one, which will probably take weeks/months, no point in adding an item that is so superior that you don't even care if it has good rolled stats or no, they want to extend the life of the game, not give you a close to free epic what will double your dps.
    It's not a nerf when it hasn't even been released yet.

PTR items can be changed at any time. Until the patch is out, they can change anything they want. Just be happy they are letting us see the stats. I mean if they didn't let us see the stats and they did this change, we would never know and it still wouldn't be a nerf.
    Quote from Nuvian

Quote from Vuron

Quote from Ashes

Quote from Jicco

It can roll 4 random ilvl 63 properties, its not supposed to replace a high end current ring if you get one with crappy rolled stats just because it has a godly proc.

You will have to work and do many runs to get a good one, which will probably take weeks/months, no point in adding an item that is so superior that you don't even care if it has good rolled stats or no, they want to extend the life of the game, no give you a close to free epic what will double your dps.

But, Blizzard had it on this one. You saw people seeking people out so they could farm in a group, people making long range plans to include lifesteal so they didn't die to reflect damage packs. Generally renewed interest. But now, who gives a shit? Or maybe it's just my personal reaction. You say you'll have to farm for months to get a good one? I say why bother, not worth the (considerable) effort. Weird, huh, how the entirety of the new 1.0.5 content went from "must do at all costs" to "meh" over a single ring proc? Blizzard is working at being less fun at parties than Buzz Killington.
    Quote from Vuron

Excuse me, but how exactly?? If we are talking about pure dps, no surv/util then lets think about it. Rare rings can have 6 props, this ring has 7 of which 4 are random and 2 have a dps purpose. There are 5 dps stats: primary+chc+chd+as+damage. Hellfire ring can roll all of these, with same values as a rare, but has the proc on top which makes it a winner (doesn't matter by how much).

If you are talking about a well balanced ring with not only dps stats, its still far from a bad ring, cuase it would only have 1 less stat (primary+4randoms=5) than a rare, but the proc still counts for something and 35%xp is extremely valuable for most players ( look at Leorics. How much stats do ppl give up for THAT?) , those that are not 100 or close to it. It's actually an amazing ring.
    Isn't a better question:

Why are you spending so much time farming something on the PTR? When you'll lose it when the PTR is closed?

You can't nerf something that isn't even live. PTR = Beta.
    The old proc was really dumb, would have made it an instant best in slot regardless of stats and you could build an entire character around triggering it. I think it's good that not everybody in the game is necessarily going to be wearing a Hellfire Ring. That said it is an issue that if you don't want to use the ring there's no reason for you to do Ubers. They should really have better normal drops as well.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes