Ideas to Improve Diablo 3 [NECRO]

Hey All,

I've created a post over on the official Diablo 3 forums. I'm trying to develop some discussion and share several ideas with you the gamer and potentially Blizzard. It's certainly a LONG read, but a good one, and I appreciate your time and consideration if you do read through it all. I think it's perfect to fuel some discussion, grab your attention, and create some debate. You can find the discussion here:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6758677090

Thanks again Diablo community!

Nefarious#1827
    Still looking to get some steam on this topic. 5 minute read at the most! :) Simply want open discussion and constructive criticism.

Again, thank you for your time and consideration. Also, if you feel there are ways that I can make this post more attractive to viewers and more inclined to respond, please let me know. I'm probably a bit outdated when it comes to current trends on the forums.

Cheers.
    Looking good. Agree with most.

I think many may be discouraged by the length of your post but you've done a fine job breaking it down to sub-topics. Here's my feedback:

- Head collector NPC: I think adding something like this could be a nice addition. It would be nice to have alternatives to item and gold grinding. I remember doing gem and rune farming in D2, so something along those lines.

- Skill points for Paragon levels: I think this would break D3's design choice of customizing your character with items instead of stat/skills points. Especially if these points wouldn't be respecable. Frankly, I'd rather see more skill bonuses on items.

- MF/GF from public games: I don't like this idea as I don't really enjoy playing with random people and none of my friends play D3 so I'd feel pretty bad being "punished" for playing the game by myself.

- Critical damage: I too think nerfing Emeralds or buffing the other gems is in order for weapon sockets. I'm not so sure if critical damage itself has problems or is too OP at the moment.

As for you other points, I'm quite indifferent one way or another. My opinion is that after patch 1.0.5, Blizzard should have another look at legendaries and buff the completely useless ones and lessen the randomization of their stats. They could also fine tune class specific items to always include a roll of that class' primary stat and add more skill boosting affixes to items. Maybe add the possiblity to "enchant" an existing item with a bonus to a skill of your choice?

I also think that removing sockets from the random affixes and adding the possiblity to socket an item for a fee could remove the problem with socketed weapons and helms being a lot more valuable than unsocketed ones.
    MF/GF public games: This idea is meant to reward those who like to play with their friends, and receive a bonus, instead of being encouraged to play by themselves all the time, since the monster power magic find and gold find bonus applies to only solo play when 1.0.5 hits. But your criticism is welcomed! Thank you for your response!

I really like the idea of being able to add sockets to a weapon through the use of the blacksmith or jewelcrafter. This would certainly make many more weapons attractive. Perhaps remove the chance for a weapon to roll with a socket, but add the option to add it? Maybe they can allow you to reforge stats (for a very hefty fee) if the weapon already contains a socket?
    Quote from Nefarious

MF/GF public games: This idea is meant to reward those who like to play with their friends, and receive a bonus, instead of being encouraged to play by themselves all the time, since the monster power magic find and gold find bonus applies to only solo play when 1.0.5 hits. But your criticism is welcomed! Thank you for your response!

I really like the idea of being able to add sockets to a weapon through the use of the blacksmith or jewelcrafter. This would certainly make many more weapons attractive. Perhaps remove the chance for a weapon to roll with a socket, but add the option to add it? Maybe they can allow you to reforge stats (for a very hefty fee) if the weapon already contains a socket?

As far as I know, you can use Monster Power in multiplayer games with your friends. Just not in public games.

And yes, I think that if they'd add a possibility to socket items for a fee, they should remove the possibility to roll a socket when the item drops (as it would basically be a wasted roll then).
    ill check it out
    Diablo 3 Hardcore Stream
    twitch.tv/desolacer

game needs more giant globs of monsters like in Keep lvl 1 or in Vault of the Assassin, where they're all clustered together like the cows in D2
    Please, do not necro threads.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes