Best paragon leveling route and xp/hour?

Hello everyone, I'd like all of you interested in paragon leveling to post your route, xp/hour and any useful information regarding leveling. Also, with patch 1.0.5 all acts will be viable for leveling, do you think there will be routes more efficient then in Act III? (I'm thinking Act II Vault of the Assassin runs).

I'll start of first, my route is very similar to that Alkaizer used, as it is nice, fast and efficient.

I start at the enrance to Azmodan, clear back to waypoint ->
    clear Tower of the damned Level 1, waypoint ->
    clear Arreat Crater Level 2, teleport ->
    Bridge of Korsikk and clear Fields of slaughter (I dont clear it all, only areas with elites spawns and high density of white mobs) -> sometimes I clear the bridge to Siegebreaker, haven't decided if it is more efficient or not. ->
    clear Keeps Depth Level 2 and level 3 (I added last level because it has 2-4 elites and can be cleared really quick).

This way, I do around 32,000,000 XP/hour (each run takes me 20 minutes average with aprox. 10,500,000XP).

I play a 2h tornado barb, it's fun! and am using only 25% exp gem. For reference, here is my profile:
    http://eu.battle.net...990/hero/195818

Anyone being more efficient?

EDIT: Just some math, total exp require to level paragon from 0-100 is 10,454,400,000. With my rate, it would take me 326,7 hours or aprox. 14 days play time, without breaks OR almost a thousand runs.
    That's the same run I do with my DH - I don't think you can get more efficient than that.
    Quote from Kyoob

Hello everyone, I'd like all of you interested in paragon leveling to post your route, xp/hour and any useful information regarding leveling. Also, with patch 1.0.5 all acts will be viable for leveling, do you think there will be routes more efficient then in Act III? (I'm thinking Act II Vault of the Assassin runs).

I'll start of first, my route is very similar to that Alkaizer used, as it is nice, fast and efficient.

I start at the enrance to Azmodan, clear back to waypoint ->
    clear Tower of the damned Level 1, waypoint ->
    clear Arreat Crater Level 2, teleport ->
    Bridge of Korsikk and clear Fields of slaughter (I dont clear it all, only areas with elites spawns and high density of white mobs) -> sometimes I clear the bridge to Siegebreaker, haven't decided if it is more efficient or not. ->
    clear Keeps Depth Level 2 and level 3 (I added last level because it has 2-4 elites and can be cleared really quick).

This way, I do around 32,000,000 XP/hour (each run takes me 20 minutes average with aprox. 10,500,000XP).

I play a 2h tornado barb, it's fun! and am using only 25% exp gem. For reference, here is my profile:
    http://eu.battle.net...990/hero/195818

Anyone being more efficient?

EDIT: Just some math, total exp require to level paragon from 0-100 is 10,454,400,000. With my rate, it would take me 326,7 hours or aprox. 14 days play time, without breaks OR almost a thousand runs.

My route is basically same as yours, but depending on my fury, time left on WOTB and the WOTB cooldown, i sometime go down to tower of the cursed level 1 from areat crater 2, and keep level 3 after keep level 2.

I always do the bridge to siege breaker.

When the patch hits i will be doing all the acts for the infernal machine, i wont be farming 1 act for xp.
    Quote from Nuvian

My route is basically same as yours, but depending on my fury, time left on WOTB and the WOTB cooldown, i sometime go down to tower of the cursed level 1 from areat crater 2, and keep level 3 after keep level 2.

I always do the bridge to siege breaker.

When the patch hits i will be doing all the acts for the infernal machine, i wont be farming 1 act for xp.

Yeah, I too will farm for rings, and as soon as I get at least a decent one, I will resume farming for XP. I dont currently use WotB, as with 2-hander its a bit harder to maintain it. Though I will give it a try and see if I get any faster.
    I love rakkis crossing and surrounding areas
    For me, as a WD, arreat crater lv 1 is one of my hghest xp/hour zones, as good as lv 2. Also, I'd suggest doing keep depths lvl 3 after core - as you said, it's quick and there are 2-4 elite packs. This lets you stack up fast for all the xp you get from white mobs in bigger maps like arreat 1-2, where you might not stack up as quickly depending on luck with the placement of elite packs.
    Regardless of monster power, you should probably look for the key master on stonefront after the tower of the cursed (if you find him before you have 5 buffs skip him to get 5 buffs then go back, good chance you won't have to). This is not very efficient in terms of loot or xp, but is probably worth it if you count the key farming runs it will save you in the future. I'm undecided about rakkis crossing and crater level 1, they seem good but not as good as the other zones. Keep level 3 is also OK but even less so, so again I'm quite unsure if it's worth doing.

This might even be applicable to MP0-1, but I'm not sure. MP2 and up you should definitely add that to your run.

For loot I wonder if act 2 vault+mines+arcanus (any other good zones I'm missing? I tried sewers but it seems to take too long) gives better loot/hour than the normal act 3 alkaizer route, but in any case I doubt it can get anywhere near the xp/hour you would get in the act 3 alkaizer route.

Act 1 seems to just suck with any possible route for all intents and purposes, and only worth doing for keys and ubers.
    I've been farming Act 1 until today. I'm thinking about using this run:

Start at Bridge of Korsikk and progress nonstop until the Azmodan checkpoint (without actually fighting Azmodan)
    Then wp home and tp to Keep Depths, doing Keep Depths lvl 2 and 3.
    Then wp home and tp to Stonebridge and kill the Keywarden.

Does this seem viable, or are there parts that give too low exp/elites?
    This is one of my favorite parts of the game too and a great way to farm xp/gold/loot etc. One question, though, is there any particular MP level you recommend farming this on or doesn't it matter? it's quick in public game and total faceroll so just wondering if it's worth it to go higher MP for better loot maybe? Not sure in terms of speed/xp?
    I leave my game saved in Azmodans door., clear the crater, tower1 and descend all the way to heart of sin 2.
    I do this because the path is pretty straight forward and it spawn 8 elites avg, all i do is run straight till i find the elite, kill it, run again. Also it can spawn up to 4 goblins.
    After that it is Rakkis and all the way back to Fields wp.
    Keep depths 1 WP, there is usually one Soul Lasher elite or champ right next to it, kill it and go Keep Depths 2, clear that and TP town, Wp Stonefort, run like crazy till i find the Keywaden, kill him and any mobs in the vicinity only (its nice that sometimes he spawns real close to 2 elites, like a doggy and a brute one).

This is what i found to be all around consistent for loot and EXP. I do it in MP 5 if i want the most efficient key chance. Havent really focused on EXP since 1.05 hit but id assume MP3 would be fast and yield very good exp.
    Hmm, I'm wondering why you only average 32M per hour, even with just a 25% gem.

As a wizard, I do the same route as you (also sometimes Rakkis/Skycrown), with a 31% gem, but I average 38-40M exp per hour.

Maybe you leave a ton of mobs alive at the end, whereas I kill virtually everything I see on sight.

Edit: Ah, put one of your cruddy Hellfire Rings on your follower for another +7% EXP boost.

Quote from Crateme

I've been farming Act 1 until today. I'm thinking about using this run:

Start at Bridge of Korsikk and progress nonstop until the Azmodan checkpoint (without actually fighting Azmodan)
    Then wp home and tp to Keep Depths, doing Keep Depths lvl 2 and 3.
    Then wp home and tp to Stonebridge and kill the Keywarden.

Does this seem viable, or are there parts that give too low exp/elites?

Areas like the Tower levels are used to pick up quick stacks before you head to high-density mob zones. I don't think you'll want to spend all your time walking, only to kill some elites and few trash mobs. The whole point is to pick up 5 stacks of NV as fast as you can before you proceed to kill mobs in Keep level 2 and Fields of Slaughter for the meat of your EXP, then repeat.
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    Lately I have been running from the Core (Azmo's door step) to the Keep level 2, Core level 2 then the Bridge portal. If I have plenty of time left in Arcon mode I then will port to Core level 1. I can get it done in about 15 minutes or so.
    "There is no cow level!"
    I start at keep lvl 1 quest for ghom,and just go through the whole act.
    Quote from dado909

I start at keep lvl 1 quest for ghom,and just go through the whole act.

Same here
    You want the 5 stacks before you reach the fields and keep level 2. That's why you do core of arreat, tower of the damned level 1 and arreat crater level 2 first and only then head to fields and keep level 2.
    Just curious, has anyone done a comparison of routes?
    I really enjoy the Act II farm route (black Canyon/arcanus/dalghur keywarden/VOA/first 2 kulles tombs).
    However, I know the Act III run is more efficient. I would like to know how much more efficient it is. If its not off by much, I would stick with Act II just because I like it and die a little less.

Anyone have numbers on a few different routes? Elites/hour, XP/hour?
    Is there another route other than these 2 thats any good?
    The only other one I do is the Act IV run clearing just the spires. Mostly for keywarden though.
    Why don't you take the time on the routes yourself? Other people's timing doesn't really help you.
    My monk Vin
    First thing to remember is that exp farming is all about killing white mobs(after 5 NV), not champs/elites. Different mobs also give different amounts of XP, but generally speaking the more densely populated the area the better. I'm not sure whether or not the others acts have enough places to compete with Act 3, but it's worth investigating.
    Judging by the logic behind the alkaizer run and checking out all other areas in the game, nothing seems like it could really compete except maybe adding rakkis crossing, and maybe Skycrown Battlements for ranged classes (for melee the fallen are way too annoying, and might even be the reason rakkis crossing was left out). Eventually, the alkaizer run gets 5 stacks as fast as possible then farms the areas with highest monster density in the game and repeats the process.

Act 2 is only good for elites, and mostly because vault of the assasin. Black canyon mines is great too for a few more quick elites and then alcarnus is not bad either for the time it takes. Other zones just don't seem to have enough elites, and the few that might (kulle's rooms) prevent you from keeping the vault of the assasin checkpoint, greatly hurting the effectiveness of the run. Therefore you probably will get the most loot/hour doing VoA (starting at the checkpoint), black canyon mines and arcarnus and then repeating just that. The frequency in which you encounter elites in those areas is incredible and I think unmatched to any other zone.
    My route:

- 50-60m per hour with ~50k dps buffed at this time, 2. barb at lvl 100
    - it is not the alkaizer run, only the same start
    - this route was faster for me compared to alkaizers (but this was maybe because of the bad gear)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes