Monster Power - All Values and Benefits for All Difficulties (MF, GF, XP, and iLvL)

When you are on MP 1 or higher all acts are like acts 3/4 are now!
    On that normal(10) kill of the Skeleton King. That was a lot of work for 1 yellow. If I were leveling, I'd probably go MP5. Just for the xp bonus.

- The Loot-table for itemlevel doesn't change, regardless of monsterpower increase. So act3 and act4 will remain as the best for itemlevel 61+

I thought they said that at MP1, you should get to see drops equivalent to Act3/4 right now.

HP wise, perhaps. But Act 1 mobs are slow, have no special abilities for the most part, etc. So Act 1 will still be easier.
    I'm more interested in an optimal levelling route for new characters. I suspect it's to go pretty normal at MP 1 until Leorics Manor, then grind Leorics Manor at MP10 until you hit level 15, at which point with socketed weapons you could grind a little bit more of Leorics Manor, then do Act 3 at MP 10. At this stage I think Leorics Manor + Act 3 on the different difficulties at MP 10 will be the quickest levelling method (seeing as though you can be rushed to any act)
    Quote from medozg

itemlevel-wise, right? but act1 vs act3 in monsterpower 1, act1 is still easier right?
    The idea is that all four acts should now have equal difficulty and value for farming, much like the original intent for inferno when Blizzard first announced it. All monsters are lvl 63 and all items, even if they have low ilvl, will roll with lvl 63 enchant ranges. Now, just because the intent is they are all equal doesn't mean it's true. If you find certain types of monsters easier to kill, then that's what you might want to focus on.
    Diablo 3 playthroughs and guides via Kagekaze's Domain or Twitch TV
    Come on by and comment on YouTube or chat on Twitch, twitch chat is often watched
    Quote from constipationnow

Quote from medozg

itemlevel-wise, right? but act1 vs act3 in monsterpower 1, act1 is still easier right?

I would assume so, yes. MP1 in Act 1 *should* be easier than Act 3 MP0, but have the same loot table drops, but you also have a 25% boost in MF.
    Quote from pernunz

Quote from medozg

I would assume so, yes. MP1 in Act 1 *should* be easier than Act 3 MP0, but have the same loot table drops, but you also have a 25% boost in MF.

then what incentive is there to farm act3? if act1 has the same loot-table, but easier than act3.......
    ^^ thats the point, doesnt matter where u farm, just farm. But act3 is still best because u have lotsa monsters close together, other acts not as many unless only certain parts.

so as a full act, act3 is best. but for a change u can run the good parts of other acts,
    Im still a bit confused lol.

Right now, we are all doing A3 because it has the highest chance to drop il63 rares. 16.3% or whatever it is in A3 vs like 4.5% or whatever for A1.

How does the new MP system change this?? How would an A1 run at MP6 vs an A3 run at MP4 be different % wise?? Or are all 4 acts now on equal ground??

Lv01 Witch Doctor --> 11:30am EST - May 15, 2012
    Lv60 Witch Doctor --> 12:52pm EST - May 22, 2012
    Finally we can get jewellery and class ilvl62 gear with ilvl63 mods!
    Quote from Xhawk

Im still a bit confused lol.

Right now, we are all doing A3 because it has the highest chance to drop il63 rares. 16.3% or whatever it is in A3 vs like 4.5% or whatever for A1.

How does the new MP system change this?? How would an A1 run at MP6 vs an A3 run at MP4 be different % wise?? Or are all 4 acts now on equal ground??

read my post and the guys quoting my post.

Quote from pernunz

Quote from medozg

then what incentive is there to farm act3? if act1 has the same loot-table, but easier than act3.......

Act 3 will still be the best place to farm. The monster density is much higher.

//edit: Assuming you have the gear to handle it of course.
    What i want to know is, farming act1 inferno at mp1 will give us the act3/4 loot tables, does this mean that the 6 prop crafting plans and the jewlery plans drop in act1?
    Incredibly useful post - much appreciated.
    You forgot the part where MP10 with 5NV has 100% for keys and organs to drop.
    The little boat gently drifted across the pond exactly the way a bowling ball wouldn’t...
    Because of this I'm feeling pretty demotivated right now. Through it's the last free weekend in my semester holidays..
    Quote from Astion

That doesn't say much if we don't know the chances at other MP levels, though.

Might want to include the HP values from other posts too to have everything in 1 place, and hopefully someone will figure out the damage values too.
    Quote from Astion

That information was released after all this was put together. Though I could add it as a note.

Quote from GalZohar

Might want to include the HP values from other posts too to have everything in 1 place, and hopefully someone will figure out the damage values too.

Would be nice if someone could find a way to record the damage values. As for the HP values, I agree, I should at least link to it to make it easy to find.
    Diablo 3 playthroughs and guides via Kagekaze's Domain or Twitch TV
    Come on by and comment on YouTube or chat on Twitch, twitch chat is often watched
    I made a quick excel spreadsheet that takes in your paragon level and gear MF as well as the % of the time you spend moving between packs not fighting anything on MP0 and calculates the increase in drop rate (aka good items over a given time frame) at each monster power. This does not factor the DPS loss caused by needing items with more defensive stats to survive the increased damage, but is close enough since the damage increase is not that large anyway.

http://www.mediafire...96k3c6uh8l06v3z

To make a long story short, if you have a relatively high paragon level you need to spend well over 90% of your time moving around not fighting anything before it becomes worth it to bump up the monster power to something around 1~3. At lower paragon levels you still need to spend a very significant portion of the time moving around.

This shows the failure of the monster power system, at least in terms of MF. The whole reason we needed increased difficulty is because we spent too much time moving around and too little time actually fighting stuff and thus were getting bored as well as pigeonholed into builds that optimize movement between packs. Since the bonus to loot is too small, we're basically doomed to spend a significant % of the time moving between packs and still get bored and use movement-happy builds, since by definition the system encourages us to only play where we spend the grand majority of our time moving. If the bonuses were greater, even if not directly proportional to the HP increase, we might have bumped up the monster power to be more efficient due to fighting more and moving less, but currently the MF benefits are simply not enough.

There is still hope for high monster power to have a significant enough effect on infernal machine related drops, but these values and how they scale with monster power are not yet known, or at least I couldn't find any other the "100% drop at mp10" (which tells us nothing without the drop rates at lower mp levels).
    Great thread glad that mine ties into this so nicely, Thank you KageKaze. (Agh I need to get to 10 posts dam URL Forum Rules)
    Oh and BTW who was asking about the scaling of HP on Hell bosses regarding MP? Didn't think anyone would be interested in that data TBH.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes