Powerlevel 10 tested + How Powerlevel affects MF and XP

Hi,

i just tested Powerlevel 10 in Inferno Act 3 and made a short Video about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twzFl-kewTw&feature=channel&list=UL

Another video I made is about Monsterpowerlevel and how it affects Loot and XP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0AdzRwmFZ4&feature=channel&list=UL

Bnet-Profile-Link:
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/de/profile/Pritatia-2875/hero/75504

Have fun,
    Greetings,
    Kikos

PS: If you already knew about the XP and MF thing I do apoligize but since I have not heard anything about it , yet , I just thought it would be a good idea to make a Video about it.
    Erm lol. You get to see the extra XP% on your character details.
    Rough ride, yeah? I gave up on MP10 for now. It's quite... ridiculous.
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    thx for the info..really interesting!
    Thanks for the insight. Can't wait till 1.0.5 hits the main servers. It may be useful to post the statistics from your second video as plain text, since it would be easier searchable / accessible.
    Quote from Jaetch

Rough ride, yeah? I gave up on MP10 for now. It's quite... ridiculous.

It's not supposed to be easy. I am happy that they made it super hard. Now we gonna wait for first inferno hardcore lvl10 finish :D
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.
    Each MPL how you call it raises your MF by 25 percentage points, not per cent ;).

Which is essential because being MF capped at 375% at 0 MPL, you raise your MF to 625% at MPL 10, which is not 250%, but 66%

Therefore the chance of getting legendaries for example is raised by 52,63% (475%/725%).
    Numbers come from the fact that base chance = 100%.. So (100%+375%)/(100%+625%).

Considering that monsters have roughly 10 times more HP (or even more) it is hardly efficient :)

Just my two cents.
    Demon Hunter DPS calculator - http://www.diablofan...dps-calculator/
    First PTR notes sayd: XP only for pj from level 1 to level 59.
    Then Jay sayd: XP for pj from level 1 to level 60.
    I readed the patch notes again, and now it says: XP for pj from level 1 to 60....

So... my question is..... The XP buff is working with the parangon leveling???

Thanks!!!
    Quote from goyetus

I readed the patch notes again, and now it says: XP for pj from level 1 to 60....

Thanks!!!

yes, you get 10 percentage points bonus exp for each monster power.
    Demon Hunter DPS calculator - http://www.diablofan...dps-calculator/
    Quote from goyetus

Thanks!!!

Work in Inferno for paragon lvls too, because it wasn't reasonable to take 10 times longer killing something for same XP :o
    I wish the bonus XP started at powerlevel 5
    it wasn´t reasonable as you sayd
    I hope they release the new patch soon
    Thanks guys!
    Unless the extra chance for a drop is significant (and it probably isn't since it's said to be "small"), the scaling of HP versus MF makes it so that you should never play at a monster power level where you aren't 1-shotting everything. This means that the "difficulty" option will actually never be used to increase difficulty, as you'll only bother to increase it if it will have no effect on the difficulty for your gear. If you're actually noticing a difference in difficulty when you're raising the monster power you are simply not being efficient at all.

For experience the problem is not as severe as the base exp for most players is only 75% from valor and 27-31% from helm, but it's the same idea and still totally not worth raising the monster power much if you're interested in speed leveling.
    sad thing is... ww babrs will do just fine even on monster power 10 and EVEN after "nerf"
    Quote from MrBlaine

sad thing is... ww babrs will do just fine even on monster power 10 and EVEN after "nerf"

I think we have no idea what will happen to Barbs with average or above average gear (non perfect) after the patch. Did you see someone's stream and they were doing fine?

If you're basing this statement on the fact that guys like KingKongor or Alkaizer are being able to do MP 10 currently on the PTR (I think I saw one of their streams recently iirc), I have the sad news that 99,9% of the playerbase isn't even close to those guys, so saying "Barbs will do just fine" referring to all of them isn't really accurate.
    Quote from Zero(pS)

I think we have no idea what will happen to Barbs with average or above average gear (non perfect) after the patch. Did you see someone's stream and they were doing fine?

If you're basing this statement on the fact that guys like KingKongor or Alkaizer are being able to do MP 10 currently on the PTR (I think I saw one of their streams recently iirc), I have the sad news that 99,9% of the playerbase isn't even close to those guys, so saying "Barbs will do just fine" referring to all of them isn't really accurate.

Last night I was able to log in on the PTR, and since I have a nado Barb first thing i did was to test A3 on MP10. What I found? I did Azmo run with 5 stacks clearing all mobs with no issues. Did not die a single time. I was expecting more from MP10. I think Blizzard went the wrong way buffing only hp and damage. Yes it takes me time to kill, and yes is not efficient. But to be able to do it with 85k barb, with character that is with no where near gear that is considered BiS... If I am able to do it now

I was dissapointed from the new event too. Did few infernal machines runs. Bosses are easy unless you up the MP. Bellow MP5, inferno and event is too easy. But uping the MP just makes it more tedious and boring.

We will see the final 1.0.5 patch, but for now I am not impressed. Concept for event is good, but they should have uped the prize, and at the same time making it harder to craft.

Quote from Zero(pS)

Last night I was able to log in on the PTR, and since I have a nado Barb first thing i did was to test A3 on MP10. What I found? I did Azmo run with 5 stacks clearing all mobs with no issues. Did not die a single time. I was expecting more from MP10. I think Blizzard went the wrong way buffing only hp and damage. Yes it takes me time to kill, and yes is not efficient. But to be able to do it with 85k barb, with character that is with no where near gear that is considered BiS... If I am able to do it now

I was dissapointed from the new event too. Did few infernal machines runs. Bosses are easy unless you up the MP. Bellow MP5, inferno and event is too easy. But uping the MP just makes it more tedious and boring.

We will see the final 1.0.5 patch, but for now I am not impressed. Concept for event is good, but they should have uped the prize, and at the same time making it harder to craft.

Let's hope that the Infernal Machine bosses are only implemented at a low difficulty at the moment to make sure they spawn and function properly before cranking up their difficulty. They've done that often with WoW raids in the past.
    My EHP and DPS Spreadsheet, mostly useful for wizards.
    My wizard, mostly useful for killing demons and collecting loot.
    Wizard CM DPS Simulator, written in Matlab, release version 1.01
    Comprehensive CMWW Guide, including gear and build suggestions, plus Uber strats
    Arcane Mines Guide, detailed guide for the highest dps wizard build, including vids
    I'm not dogging on these speculation/test threads, because they're interesting to read, and give the people interested in making them something to do. BUT.

Is it amazing to anyone other than me that we don't get transparency on this shit from Blizzard? I mean, it seems like it would be so easy for the PR guy (whoever is doing the interview/press release) to go to the dev team and say... "How much does mf/xp gain increase per MPL?"

Then the dev says "It increases 'x' % // 'x' amount"... then the PR guy tells us... Then we know... Then no more guessing.

I get the theorycrafting thing for the fun of it, but having to guess on basic game mechanics seems silly.
    Quote from Loroese

Quote from Zero(pS)

Let's hope that the Infernal Machine bosses are only implemented at a low difficulty at the moment to make sure they spawn and function properly before cranking up their difficulty. They've done that often with WoW raids in the past.

Was watching couple of guys streaming on Twitch TV, from what I can tell so far.

WW barb really is presenting a problem in game.

Lets put it this way.

If you have great gear, at MP 10 after patch, your WW barb will still be the most powerful class in the game, even at Monster level 10. There are no other class can be THAT efficient. For example, if you have a DH, at that level even if you can do the same damage as WW barb, you will have lots of chance get 1 shot kill by monsters. WW barb? 95% of the time, if they lose health its right back on in 1 or 2 sec. That's not counting WW barb can ignore lots of CC.

If you dont have a great gear, you do monster level 9 or below, you still have good advantage because other class are just CATCHING UP to your efficiency&survivability, that's all.

What class can continuously move that fast, regain health that fast, at the same time, hit as hard, as fast, as wide, and almost completely ignore lots of CC that monster put out?

Dont get me wrong, I dont mean WW barb need another nerf, I play a barb myself (Korea server, almost 600 hours so far, but I play a sword/shield barb, never use WW, not my cup of tea), what I really want to see is how Blizzard will "scale up" other classes so they can equailly be as good as WW on survivability & efficiency.

If they cant, then they have a big problem, aint it?
    MP10 was meant to be hard. OP is crying he cant faceroll it with less than 100k dps.
    Quote from hotpocket888

Quote from Loroese

Quote from Zero(pS)

Was watching couple of guys streaming on Twitch TV, from what I can tell so far.

WW barb really is presenting a problem in game.

Lets put it this way.

If you have great gear, at MP 10 after patch, your WW barb will still be the most powerful class in the game, even at Monster level 10. There are no other class can be THAT efficient. For example, if you have a DH, at that level even if you can do the same damage as WW barb, you will have lots of chance get 1 shot kill by monsters. WW barb? 95% of the time, if they lose health its right back on in 1 or 2 sec. That's not counting WW barb can ignore lots of CC.

If you dont have a great gear, you do monster level 9 or below, you still have good advantage because other class are just CATCHING UP to your efficiency&survivability, that's all.

What class can continuously move that fast, regain health that fast, at the same time, hit as hard, as fast, as wide, and almost completely ignore lots of CC that monster put out?

Dont get me wrong, I dont mean WW barb need another nerf, I play a barb myself (Korea server, almost 600 hours so far, but I play a sword/shield barb, never use WW, not my cup of tea), what I really want to see is how Blizzard will "scale up" other classes so they can equailly be as good as WW on survivability & efficiency.

If they cant, then they have a big problem, aint it?

*looks to the fact that sorcerer in D1 was the best by miles*
    *looks to the fact that paladin in D2 was the all around best for everything. Hammerdin = no immunes. Smite = pvp pwnage. Zeal = PvE never die / best uber farmer, ect.*
    *looks to the fact that WW barb in D3 is just fundamentally a great spec, and there's really nothing you can do about it without completely breaking the spec*
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes