First 30 Minutes on PTR

At my dps, ~83k on WD, my reaction after a bit of Act I/II/III farming on monster levels 3-5 tells me, ML 3-4 is going to be the sweet spot for now. Even at lvl 5, felt the difference in kill time extending to a point where the extra magic find won't balance it. That said, at lvls 3 to 4, still felt very close, good extra magic find as a bonus at roughly same kill speed as 1.0.4.

To net it out, bonus magic find just for hitting patch and the ability to farm Acts I and II in addition to Act III. Act IV due to size is probably still not efficient / viable. Extra bonus of Infernal Machine stuff -- only have 1 key so far from Act III (had maybe 2 or 3 stacks of Valor when I got it). Also came across Act II warden by no drop.
    Sweet baby Jesus - the "iLvL 58" thing has to do with the rolling of higher iLvL affixes based on monster level only. It does not mean you won't see iLvl 57 and lower items dropping.

So: iLvL 58+ items will roll affixes based on the monster level that dropped them. iLvL 57- will remain unchanged in Inferno.

Why do people insist on reading between the lines when there's nothing there?

Sweet baby Jesus - the "iLvL 58" thing has to do with the rolling of higher iLvL affixes based on monster level only. It does not mean you won't see iLvl 57 and lower items dropping.

So: iLvL 58+ items will roll affixes based on the monster level that dropped them. iLvL 57- will remain unchanged in Inferno.

What are you smoking?

Think they are limiting items to 58 and above in Inferno.
    Correct!

"Items below iLevel 58 no longer drop in Inferno difficulty."

Blizzard might have trouble speaking clearly sometimes but I think this one is pretty on the nose.

"Items below iLevel 58 no longer drop in Inferno difficulty."

Blizzard might have trouble speaking clearly sometimes but I think this one is pretty on the nose.

Now that they've clarified it's a bug, I see that I read it wrong initially.
    A recent blizz post says you need 5 stacks for the key to even have a chance of dropping. You can find this from the blizz tracker.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes