Is it smart to invest in brimstones now?

We all know craftable legendaries are horrible this patch, but will fiery brimstones skyrocket in price again in the future? Is it smart to buy brimstones now while they are relatively cheap? I'd like some advice.
    Don't do it, I though the same thing awhile back and bought a shit ton of Brim, they are still sitting in my inventory and the prices keep falling. There are better ways to invest, plus if you want to sell to someone directly no one will buy from you because one of the biggest scams ever involved Brim. But i'm just going off my own experience, who knows you might make a good investment.
    if you find a legendary that worth less then a brimstone then consider the posibilities
    The only possible hope is that the legendary BoP ring you can craft from Infernal Machine will require one. Currently, on the PTR, it does not so I wouldn't bank on that.
    I wouldn't, Blizzard seems intensely focused on making everything that's worth gold now, worthless when a patch hits. I lost enormous amounts of gold last patch when they made my MF gear worthless. My guess is they're doing it to keep the economy fresh, but of course making people get angry and quit is not a good way to promote economic health either...

I wouldn't, Blizzard seems intensely focused on making everything that's worth gold now, worthless when a patch hits. I lost enormous amounts of gold last patch when they made my MF gear worthless. My guess is they're doing it to keep the economy fresh, but of course making people get angry and quit is not a good way to promote economic health either...

this game aim is making money

making money is possible via rmah for blizzard

it is very reasonable for them to make current items trash at each update for more rmah transactions
    Browser MMORPG Developer

this game aim is making money

making money is possible via rmah for blizzard

it is very reasonable for them to make current items trash at each update for more rmah transactions

*equips tinfoilhat*

Don't do it, I though the same thing awhile back and bought a shit ton of Brim, they are still sitting in my inventory and the prices keep falling. There are better ways to invest, plus if you want to sell to someone directly no one will buy from you because one of the biggest scams ever involved Brim. But i'm just going off my own experience, who knows you might make a good investment.

They are up in price from 10k a piece to over 100k currently, do you feel silly now?

Blizzard does have a plan for them soon, expect it

They are up in price from 10k a piece to over 100k currently, do you feel silly now?

Blizzard does have a plan for them soon, expect it

Sure they do, there's a blue post:

Since I know this will get brought up: We're also exploring ways to improve the worth of Brimstones, as well as crafting in general. We feel like the system itself could use some revamping, but we're not yet at a point where we can discuss what kind of changes we're considering. We haven't ruled out the possibility of introducing new recipes at some point in the future, though, or introducing other ways for players to put their crafting materials to good use.

The other materials will also go up (and some of them already did, like essences). But keep in mind that at some point people will just stop vendoring things; there's a sanity limit to all these prices. For example, you can buy 61+ legendaries for 40k, therefore it would be stupid to buy brimstones for 100k on the AH. However, I wouldn't buy 100 legendaries and invest the time in salvaging just to make a few 100k profit...
    From when is that bluepost above?
    6 hours ago.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7006894973?page=3#53
    brimstone above 50k now on eu ah ... rofl
    Yea price is skyrocketing were 60k 20 min ago now they are 80k lol went from 38 for 2.3mil to 3mil lol
    Sold all my brimstone immediately when I saw the spike in price. It may go up a bit more similar to the 1.0.4 announcement, but satisfied with being able to salvage my un-sellable legendaries.

Anticipating prices will drop down again in near future. With the number of ilvl60+ useless legendaries dropping, I doubt prices will maintain at 80-100k+ for a long period of time.
    OFFENSIVE STATS: 126K Unbuffed DPS • 183K Buffed DPS • 2.25 APS • +24% Movement Speed
    DEFENSIVE STATS: 1.07M Unbuffed EHP • 102K Life • 2,269 Life on Hit • 674 Life per Sec • 23.5% Dodge
    Can anybody report on what the price is right now in the North American region?
    "There is no cow level!"
    damn i had sold them to npc and stopped salvaging them :D
    Browser MMORPG Developer

Prices are hovering between 60-75k right now. I had a few listed at 75k and 85k overnight and they sold.

Prices are hovering between 60-75k right now. I had a few listed at 75k and 85k overnight and they sold.

Definitely going up then. Sold a handful last week I thing for around 15/20k or so. Looks like it might not be a bad idea to have a couple hundred in the stock.
    "There is no cow level!"
    what the fuck. "average last 10 trades 60k" "average last day of trades 10k" wtf caused price to go up so drastically

what the fuck. "average last 10 trades 60k" "average last day of trades 10k" wtf caused price to go up so drastically

One word bud, "speculation". If the blues say it's going to be used for something big then people buy just for the sake of speculation.
    "There is no cow level!"
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes