Your farming route in 1.0.4?

What is your current farming route in act3?

I do the following:
    - Start at Kill Ghom
    - Do all the keep depths (get at least 5 stacks of NV here)
    - Kill Ghom
    - Continue and finish the entire act.

The run takes me 150minutes and nets 30-35elites, 4 bosses (Ghom, SB, Cydeea and Azmodan) and 7-10 goblins (as well as nice amount of of resplendents chests and a lot of xp [15-20mil xp, never bothered to measure it, but it was enough to fully get from 11 and a half to 12 and a half]).

I have tried the pony level both with and without getting 5 stacks before entering and it is not as fast (in terms of elites/hour killed with 5stacks of NV).

I have tried A4 but that is a joke.

My questions are:
    What route do you use in A3?
    What other things do you farm?
    I start with kill Siegebreaker simply because ghom is a waste of time imo.

-clear stonefort
    -clear keep depths
    -clear the barracks outside the gate (my fav farming spot personally)
    -clear both fields + frost/ice cave(whichever spawns)
    -clear the 2 barracks in the first field
    -clear rakki's crossing + bridge stores / underbridge
    -kill siegebreaker
    -finish out the act

takes about an hour and a half to 2 hours as a moderately geared overawe monk (thunderclap/cyclone w/ won's)
    Same as previous poster. Takes me around 150 minutes, 200 at tops when making some breaks for coffee or when getting bored and alt tabing much - 90k dps wizard (arcane orb+kiting, not cm/tornado)

gonna make few act 2 runs now since act 3 is so boring already..

edit: each run gives me approx 20-23 million experience with 27% gem bonus
    I am practically doing the same run as you only that i kill Ghom as well (takes 1 minute and is a boss so 2 guaranteed rares).

eizix7: please let me know how a2 is now? (i suggest you use as much mf as possible).
    those guaranteed rares don't matter though because the max number of affixes a guaranteed rare from a boss/elite is 4. You will never get 5 or 6 property rares from them.
    Quote from Shiveron

those guaranteed rares don't matter though because the max number of affixes a guaranteed rare from a boss/elite is 4. You will never get 5 or 6 property rares from them.

Got a source? It's the first time I hear that.
    Quote from Shiveron

This is the first time i have heard of this to.
    Quote from Shiveron

I start with kill Siegebreaker simply because ghom is a waste of time imo.

-clear stonefort
    -clear keep depths
    -clear the barracks outside the gate (my fav farming spot personally)
    -clear both fields + frost/ice cave(whichever spawns)
    -clear the 2 barracks in the first field
    -clear rakki's crossing + bridge stores / underbridge
    -kill siegebreaker
    -finish out the act

takes about an hour and a half to 2 hours as a moderately geared overawe monk (thunderclap/cyclone w/ won's)

this.
    exactly my route since 1.0.3 actaully, except i dont like stonefort so i skip it sometimes. else pretty much full act clear excluding Ghom and having to put up with quests and all that, having the waypoints is better - if i start to get bored of same route i change it in any way i want, all i need to clear in 1 go is area between 2 waypoints.
    Quote from Shiveron

http://www.diablofan...l-insight/#S2-6

Pretty widely known lol

If you have 5 stacks of NV and you kill an elite pack, an additional item will drop with guaranteed 4-affix rare (yellow) quality.

This most likely means guaranteed MINIMUM 4 affixes, not 4 affixes, no more, no less.

Also he stated in a previous version of his guide (abouh 2-3weeks ago) he won't go into what NV rares are in his trials because it was much more time consuming so the information comes from blizz most likely which are known to not make the best tooltips.
    Quote from Shiveron

Pretty widely known lol

Err... that's user based findings, not an official source.
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/guide/gameplay/game-difficulty#nephalem-valor is an official source, says nothign about 4-affix only.

Also, even better, you should read your source more carefully
    http://www.diablofans.com/topic/57939-magic-find-and-its-efficiency-a-statistical-insight/#S5-2
    if the guaranteed drop can be legendary, it means it's affected my mf and thus, can have more than 4 affixes.
    "Err..." that's a pretty damn credible thread sir. If you think i'm wrong go kill some elite packs with 5 stacks until you get a few single rare drops and set them aside in your inv, then identify them and tell me how many affixes you get. I do it out of habit every time i get a single rare drop and i've yet to get anything but a 4 affix rare off those ones.
    Quote from Shiveron

"Err..." that's a pretty damn credible thread sir. If you think i'm wrong go kill some elite packs with 5 stacks until you get a few single rare drops and set them aside in your inv, then identify them and tell me how many affixes you get. I do it out of habit every time i get a single rare drop and i've yet to get anything but a 4 affix rare off those ones.

You Sir. Are a moron. learn to understand the difference between theese 2 words. "Least" & "Only". I do all bosses and packs in act 3. And i ID after every kill. Guess what? I get 6 affix rares from both packs and elites.

For the future, do you mind to keep your own home grown tin foilhat theories to yourself?
    Currently played toon:
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rage-2973/hero/28310

Profit:
    Flipping/Sniping: 6577€
    "Note that the NV drop can be more than a 4-affix rare; it can be legendary, 6-affix rare and 5-affix rare as well, however, at the very least it will be a 4-affix rare item."

Copied directly from the MF/efficiency post.
    Quote from Shiveron

Pretty widely known lol

Loled hard. Oh, yea. Your wild fantasies are widely known for sure )))
    Quote from Shiveron

Good advice to you: read more than the first sentence. Way to disregard anything else I wrote in my post.
    Also, I was never saying it wasn't credible, heck I even linked you to a part further down the topic, lol. I was just saying it's no official source (read: bluepost) and that's a correct statement.
    Anecdotal evidence here. Killed an elite pack with 5 NV. Only 1 legend dropped. aside from whites.

That minimum 4 affix rare clearly rolled well enough to turn into a legend. No other rare was there so that must have been it.
    To the guy calling me a moron. I don't even know what you're talking about with this least and only business. You are only guaranteed ONE of those rares that are dropping, of course the others that drop can have 5 and 6 affixes I never said they can't. I also wasn't saying to ID after every kill, I was saying to kill elite packs until you get one, and only one rare quality item off of them and identify just that one.

Let me go ahead and concede to what I said earlier since apparently I've lit a fire up under the asses of more than one keyboard warrior.

Killing bosses, just,because they guarantee a rare, is a waste of time. Argue if you want, it's your choice how you play the game. However, compared to the non guaranteed rares your chances of getting a 5 or 6 affix rare are <1% yet still >0% out of your guaranteed drop. These are not numbers pulled from my wild fantasies either. For those unaware, there used to be an exploit with unidentified items that would cause the game to display the item's ID in chat without actually identifying the item. All you had to do was go to a site like d3lexicon and look up what each ID was and it would tell you the exact affix that was going to be applied to the drop. Using this, several other players furthered the work done on the thread linked above to come up with even more statistics that were posted here and here. So yes, I lied, you can get them, you can all calm down now. Enjoy wasting your time farming bosses for your 1/20 chance of getting a drop with more than 4 affixes.

I'm done here. Sorry my 1 post derailed your thread OP.
    I kill gorm cos it takes like, 30 secs and I'm there anyway.

the other day I got 6 rares from him....
    There is a pretty good thread on /r/diablo right now about this very topic.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes