What items do you pick up? (and why do you think is your way most efficient?)

Let me first state that until now, i always pick up everything, except white/broken gear... so all magic+ gear and all commodities including potions.

And I noticed now that my killing speed has imporved, that I am wasting a lot of time at the vendor, finguring out what to keep, what to sell and what to salvage. Time that could be spent killing more stuff.

So I am asking for some input / insight on how to decrease my time in town, by either improving workflow somehow or to stop picking up certain items.

Do you even pick up blue items? Only Weapons? Do you salvage or just vendor everything that is not to keep? Why do you think your way is the best (for you)?

Thanks for any input.
    Personally, I pick up like you describe. Where I try to recover time is at the vendor itself. I go to the blacksmith and repair, then start checking each item with the salvage active. If it is 61+ and bad, click it. <61, skip. If it's good, I move it together into a "good pile". Then to a vendor and sell everthing not in the good pile. Go to the stash and move over all the mats and any gear from the good pile. Usually takes less than a minute and I'm back through my portal. If I hesitate at all on the salvage, I usually keep it and decide later when I'm in the AH.
    I pick up ilvl 61+ rares, rare rings of any ilvl, tomes of secret, gems, and sets and legendaries. With that, I get a full inventory about twice in an A3 clear.
    My monk Vin
    I pick up everything, because I am poor. And earn my gold on vendoring all the crap... :P
    Well all magic and rare items that is, and obviously set and legendary items as well.

I salvage anything that's bad as long as it's 61+, everything below I vendor.
    Hardly anything sells, so could just as well salvage everything and sell the mats instead..
    I've started to only pick up i61-63 rares because by the time you pick up blues, go back to town, salvage (or sell) them, you've just wasted more farming time. I believe the most efficient farming method is to pick up only the items that have the possibility of being 100k+. Everything else is a waste of time IMHO.
    "All generalizations are false, including this one." -Mark Twain
    I pick up item level 61 and up blues and rares. I am still not giving up on the crafting materials.
    I was thinking this also, thanks for the thread. :)

The trouble is, I am wondering how much time it takes to decide whether to pick something up... to ctrl+over it... etc...

Only salvage something if the value of the mats you get is more than the vendor value though! Most rares vendor for 1000+g, which is more than the salvage mats (on EU).
    According to thread title:
    What? Ilvl 61 rares or higher only.
    Why? Saves time and I can level faster.
    Bandyto#2350
    EU
    Quote from FleckerMan

The trouble is, I am wondering how much time it takes to decide whether to pick something up...

Yes that is a concern of myself as well. Going to check it out when i am home though. I dont want to sift through every drop to decide wether it is worth to pick it up, since the timesink then only shifts from vendor to battlefield...
    Quote from Bandyto

According to thread title:
    What? Ilvl 61 rares or higher only.
    Why? Saves time and I can level faster.

impressive, do you skip even commodity items or do you take time to pick those up?
    Depends. If they drop next to my character, I pick them up. ;)
    Bandyto#2350
    EU
    I pick up all potions, gems, and non-white items. Salvage the crap, sell the decent stuff and commodities on AH. I'm not into the most efficient methods, just any way to keep the gold count constantly going upwards.
    Picking up all the rare rings and amulets. All blue/rare ilvl 61+ items. After farming so many hours I know exactly what is ilvl 61 and what isnt :P Only picking up the flawless gems, and potions if I need to fill my stack back up to 100.

Once im full, I go back to town, stash the rares and salvage all the blues. Then head back in. Takes not even 1 minute and I save up loads of crafting mats.
    Quote from thundersteele

I pick up ilvl 61+ rares, rare rings of any ilvl, tomes of secret, gems, and sets and legendaries. With that, I get a full inventory about twice in an A3 clear.

Same. I make more money in the long run because my clears are quicker (you don't even need to stop after killing an elite when you see it's all lvl 55 crap). Saves a ton of time imo.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes