A D3 Economy Question

Hey all,

I just wanted to gather some opinions on the subject of the D3 economy. Obviously gold and cash are not flowing as freely as they once were. This is most likely caused by a combination of increased item supply and reduced player base. That's fair, it was bound to happen, albeit maybe not so quickly (not really sure about all the criticism of this game... D2 was solid farming too... but I digress). My question is, do you think it will significantly rebound with 1.04 and/or 1.1? I am thinking about stocking up certain supplies to release on the RMAH if a mass upswing should take place (boy's gotta eat, 'specially if that boy loves eating pricey craft beers).

Let me know what y'all think!
    "When I die, bury me inside da booty club."
    current problem is ppl buying gold off goldsellers and flooding the economy. prices for some items are just ridiculous..multiple hundreds of millions for bracers? who would spent such amount of self-farmed gold? just go clicky clicky on ebay and that other dude bidding on your item can GTFO.

the most important changes may already have taken place, since we already know a lot about 1.04 and its changes. e.g. legendaries getting buffed.
    still missing some words about crafting..there are some bugs around there and it's still not that attractive.
    the most important thing, that is still missing, is the change to MF/NV/item swapping. depending on if/how they change it and your ability to figure out the consequences, you can become a very lucky man.
    As I've been watching the AH for 3 month, seems the prices are still going up, like the goldfarmers have unlimited gold to sell and the chipmunks have unlimited cash to give them.

If you invested into crafting materials in the last 1 month, when prices were low, you are lucky. On the US servers, the Fiery Brimstone were more than 450k (!) per piece after a few info came out about new legendary buffs! Just count how much you could earn on it.

To answer your question. You can not stock up real good equipments, cause they are toooo expensive, and for sure you don't have a couple of trillions. On the commodity side, it's like the stock market, you need to buy, when prices are low, but the prices are not low at the moment, so IMO it is too late now.

Tell me if I'm wrong, and give me some tips ;)
    The main problem is the gold-farming-bots.

They will simply get more and more gold (let's low ball it and say 5m/day). With this much gold just flowing into the market when the average player maybe collects something like 100k/day (this is probably a very high value, as the average player isn't even in late inferno yet nore plays every day).

So the ONLY way to compete with all the bots flooding the market is finding something really good, sell it to get a "bank roll", then keep buying cheap and selling high to even remotely have a chance to "catch up" with the average gold bot running 24/7.

OR you just do like me. Buy stuff that is "cheap for you", keep playing and having fun.

There are more or less 2 markets on the AH. One for players with RMAH bought gold and one for players with Farmed gold. Just decide which game you wanna play;

Diablo III the AH game! (either buy gold on RMAH, or spend a lot of time in the AH trading back and forth)
    Diablo III the hack and slash monster fiesta! (pick up that shiny blue axe and roflstomping some white mobs, while stragegizing which skills you might need to use to progress)

Just remember that as the prices go up and up, you can always switch to one or the other. Just hang on to that super valuable item (as it will keep going up in value, 'cept for possible patch changes) until you decide you need a hugh influx of gold to start your AH trading or just stop trading on the AH and let your gold get devaluate over time and join the monster slashing fiesta!
    Winter is coming...

Diablo III the AH game! (either buy gold on RMAH, or spend a lot of time in the AH trading back and forth)
    Diablo III the hack and slash monster fiesta! (pick up that shiny blue axe and roflstomping some white mobs, while stragegizing which skills you might need to use to progress)

Or, ya know, go farm, get a lucky drop eventually, sell it for tons and tons of gold and use said gold to buy an upgrade?
    Quote from PsiStorm

Or, ya know, go farm, get a lucky drop eventually, sell it for tons and tons of gold and use said gold to buy an upgrade?

That puts you in the Diablo III hack and slash category, same as me. Thought that was pretty well explained in my post?
    Winter is coming...
    Going on 400 hours played and haven't found even one mild item like that so....that's a lottery type game.
    Is there any hope that Blizzard can eventually shut down these bots? Or should I just make the jump, replace my brain with a hard drive, and become the first ever gold farming cyborg?
    "When I die, bury me inside da booty club."
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes