Should i continue farming?

With 1.04 coming in 2 weeks, is there a reason why I should continue farming? I could wait until 1.04 is out and get better items.
    Cuz its fun is the most obvious answer
    Quote from Brake Failure

Not sure if you're being sarcastic...
    i dont know about you
    i have fun farming

i do since diablo 2, i wanted stone of jordan's and i farmed andariel for months to mass them
    Quote from jaber2

With 1.04 coming in 2 weeks, is there a reason why I should continue farming? I could wait until 1.04 is out and get better items.

This has been my thoughts as well. I'm going to continue distracting myself with other games until 1.04 :D
    The answer is quite simple?

Do you think you will get more items by waiting?
    Or do you think you will get more items by playing now grinding and playing when patch comes out?

Silly question tbh farm on = more items very.... Stop bitching farm away d:
    Not to mention, if you get an upgrade now, farming will be easier when the patch hits :P
    Well, this IS a video game. If you don't have fun farming (which is almost the whole game) then why are you even playing?
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    Quote from BigEd781

Quote from Brake Failure

I know right? Im not sure either.
    Quote from Bleu42

Well, this IS a video game. If you don't have fun farming (which is almost the whole game) then why are you even playing?

this... :)
    Quote from BigEd781

Quote from Brake Failure

But the developers told us that non-stop farming is fun and thats all we need for an endgame... soo yes everyone should still be playing right?
    Blizzard used to care about releasing Diablo III, then they all took an arrow in the knee...
    Quote from Brake Failure

Quote from BigEd781

Quote from Brake Failure

I know right? Im not sure either.

Quite clear, isn't it? If you're playing a video game without having fun or relaxing while doing it, then you are doing something wrong, and should find another hobby!
    If you don't like farming why play a Diablo game?

Haven't noticed yet that there is nothing else in the game to do?
    Quote from jaber2

Just play the game. An upgrade is an upgrade no matter when it drops.
    Trust me, I'm a bunny brain-surgeon from space!
    Quote from Mormolyce

If you don't like farming why play a Diablo game?

Haven't noticed yet that there is nothing else in the game to do?

The kids want a game like D2, but really don't know what the first 2 games were all about. +1 for you.
    Quote from youwillneverknow

Quote from BigEd781

Quote from Brake Failure

But the developers told us that non-stop farming is fun and thats all we need for an endgame... soo yes everyone should still be playing right?

No, the devs didn't "tell us" anything. The constant attempts by disgruntled players who are ignorant of how the series has worked thusfar to characterize Blizzard as a bunch of facist dictators is really annoying at this point.

I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me HOW/WHY killing Pindleskin 500 times per day was somehow much more entertaining than hunting for mostly-randomized champ/rare packs and then killing some bosses when we're done.

If your answer is "loot sucks in D3" well I think Blizzard is aware of that complaint and attempting to do something about it. That is a reasonable complaint (not one I'm 100% on board with, but one I do empathize with nonetheless).

If your answer is "farming isn't fun" then you're not someone the series is aimed at. Please go buy a different game and leave the real Diablo fans alone so that we can give relevant feedback and help push this game in the direction it should be going. The series has always been based on farming. Complaining that the devs are "telling us that farming is fun" or "forcing us to farm" is stupid because anyone who played D2 or D1 knew that this was the endgame. No true Diablo fan would be complaining about being "forced" to farm.
    p400 :: 85.1k EK :: 2.38m TK
    Planet Express <PlanEx>
    (V) (°,,°) (V)
    You can farm gold, which you might need after 1.0.4 for upgrades.
    Quote from shaggy

I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me HOW/WHY killing Pindleskin 500 times per day was somehow much more entertaining than hunting for mostly-randomized champ/rare packs and then killing some bosses when we're done.

Not that I personally farmed pindleskin, I prefered other locations; but the apparent answer is simple enough;
    When you killed pindleskin you killed just that, 1 mob, because you knew that Mr.Pindle had a great potentional when it came to dropping great items.

And when one of those great fancy smancy legendaries finally dropped you had a pretty good idea what you were going to get.
    The Legendary toothpick of massively massivity
    with its terrific stats that, admittedly could be far from perfect due to the window with the stats being fairly huge.. say +100-250 strenght.
    But you knew what you were getting. You knew the item would have strenght.
    In diablo 3, the legendary toothpick wouldn't be so legendary, because knowing your luck, you'd probably just end up with +7yd gold and globe pick up range instead of that +250 strenght.

But heres the big difference: You could jump in, farm pindleskin or mephisto for a couple of hours and you knew that you'd end up with a couple of legendaries. The majority of them would have decent enough stats to keep for an alt, but not enough stats to warrant selling/ trading it to another player.
    In diablo 3, legendaries drop far more seldom and with the combined randomization of said legendaries stats, the incentive to farm them yourself is just not the same anymore.

In the end you're just playing the auctionhouse, a trading simulator with a hack and slash storyline on the side.
    Quote from Luedine

In the end you're just playing the auctionhouse, a trading simulator with a hack and slash storyline on the side.

This is the said hyperbolic bullshit that Proleteria was talking about. You can make a reasonable point about what you feel are flaws, but when you make statements like that it tarnishes everything you've said with the taint of outright absurdity.

As for the legendaries, it's really annoying to keep harping on that. Blizzard identified that early on as something they were changing, and they currently have it going live, estimated, for the last week in August. It does NOTHING to keep harping on something that, essentially, is already fixed and will be going live in less than a month. It's a "grit your teeth and bear it for the short term" situation and nothing more. I'm the last person on these forums to give Blizzard a pass for the legendary/set bungle in D3. But, really, we can see the light at the end of the tunnel on this one and there's no point in being so ridiculously pessimistic about it since we know it's fixed and we're getting that fix soon.

Did it suck for the past 3 months? Sure.

Is it worth groussing about for the next 2-3 weeks as if the end of the world is nigh? No.

EDIT
    It's also stupid to bring up "itemization" as a reason that Pindle was better. I stipulated that for some players itemization is an issue - it's not an issue I agree with 100%, but it is an issue that I understand and sympathize with to an extent. My post was not saying that D3 has better items than D2. My post was obviously to say that there is absolutely no grounds to say that Blizzard is a bunch of facists who are forcing us to farm. Farming IS what Diablo is about. People who don't understand that shouldn't be giving feedback because their feedback is misinformed and detrimental to the series.
    p400 :: 85.1k EK :: 2.38m TK
    Planet Express <PlanEx>
    (V) (°,,°) (V)
    If you stop farming, you stop playing. Any other questions? ;)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes