MF in D2 vs D3? Difference?

Greetings there! :D

I hear alot about the MF problems etc in D3, but i don't quite understand - whats the difference between MF in d2 and MF in d3? Why are people happier about the MF in d2? Wasn't it as reward as d3's mf is or?

If someone could explain!
    http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/magic/magicfind.shtml

Ok, I know this doesn't answer your question what's the difference between D2 and D3, but it's still a useful info and as far as I know there's no difference in how fundamentally MF works in both games.
    Find any Diablo news? Contact me or anyone else on the news team.

http://classic.battl...magicfind.shtml

Ok, I know this doesn't answer your question what's the difference between D2 and D3, but it's still a useful info and as far as I know there's no difference in how fundamentally MF works in both games.

Hmmm how come people are more happy with the MF/Farming in d2 then? ^.^

Hmmm how come people are more happy with the MF/Farming in d2 then? ^.^

Because in D2, you had levels (like 78+) where you can surpass any difficulty in Hell which allows you to stack MF and not care. In D3, if you stack all MF in Acts 3+, you will most likely die a lot more often.
    Personally i felt in D2 that every time i killed a boss, the items had a chance to end up useful. In D3 the time between potentially useful items are so long, the thrill of getting drops just don't really kick in.
    I am forced to agree with the post above. While you still had the risk of ending up with horrible item rolls, it felt far less hectic, not to mention you had the ability to swamp your entire kit with one single keypress, thus negating the need to switch individual pieces while tackling elite packs and bosses, which is hardly gratifying.

Essentially, differences lie in the existence of NV stacks providing gear independent MF boosts, and on the ability to virtually automate gear swapping not existing. Influence on item quality still follows the very same principles.

Personally i felt in D2 that every time i killed a boss, the items had a chance to end up useful. In D3 the time between potentially useful items are so long, the thrill of getting drops just don't really kick in.

Im with you here. Killing a boss is lackluster at best... Make bosses drops better--> More Frequent Uniques---> Better stats on Uniques--->higher stat ranges on those uniques = MORE FUN
    The main difference for me is that in d2 your end-game gear was mostly only uniques (legendaries) because they were the best. In d3 with the mf, even if you get a 6 affix rare it can still be complete crap (and if you get legendary it most surely will be crap). In d2 the mf would help you get more uniques, and when you got a unique of the right kind it would be valuable regardless of the roll on it (of course even better with a good roll).
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes