Insanely overpowered, or?

FIrst of all - sorry in advance if i'm breaking any rules, written or unwritten, i'm new at this forum, so i haven't been checking. Sorry guys.

With that being said, back to the topic.

The case is, that i found this weapon on my lvl 60 Monk, which i found quite good - and then realized, it was a F******* lvl 48 weapon! So i gave it to my lvl 49 Wizard, and it like.. kicked ass. Azmodan on Nightmare were down in like 10 seconds.

Sorry for the bad pic, my DPS is around 7-8k. When i read on the internet, the "usual" wizard dps WITH buffs at this level, is 2900. With buffs, i got like 8-9k. When i searched the AH for absolute best item for my level, the closest were 180 dps - thats like 300 less than this. When i got this weapon, it increased my DPS 5300!!

So i just wanted to hear if a weapon like this is anything extremely spectacular, or i'm just over-exaggerating. Have any of you guys found a weapon of it's like for that level?

-Rephrex
    Weapons with the reduced level requirement affix are amazing for leveling alternates. Most people don't know how to search for them in the AH (you have to manually limit the level and add the reduced lvl requirement affix as a filter), but they tend to sell really well for those who know how to search for it.

I personally paid 100k for a 1.1k 2-handed weapon for my WD when I was lvling him. Used it throughout the whole Hell difficulty (and managed to sell it for like 150k afterwards, which was still 50-100k cheaper than those available).
    I have a 1200+ damage 2her with dex & vit and -5 level requirements.

It's provided me with some lulz on my Monk!
    p427 :: 89.1k EK :: 2.47m TK
    Planet Express <PlanEx>
    (V) (°,,°) (V)
    Well, level req affixes are one of the most stupid thing in D3. Especially on weapons.
    I have a collection of reduced-req weapons for levelling alts, including a -14 500 DPS sword. You're right... it's stupid how much fun can be had!
    I have yet to find a really good level requirement weapon yet, but that looks pretty awesome.
    When I grow up, I want to be a frill-necked lizard.
    Yeah I found a ilvl63 wand for a wizard but -15 requirements. I was like wtf..Don't know if it has any worth but would be kickass for a wiz at that level

http://www.picpaste.com/63_as_lvl45_wizWeap-aSEP1SQw.jpg
    2h'ers with reduced lvl req beat 1h'ers by far for dps.
    Quote from speedloader1

Well, level req affixes are one of the most stupid thing in D3. Especially on weapons.

Because they're awesome, make you feel godlike and speed up leveling signficantly (which some consider a chore)?
    Quote from Highlander

Yeah I found a ilvl63 wand for a wizard but -15 requirements. I was like wtf..Don't know if it has any worth but would be kickass for a wiz at that level

http://www.picpaste....ap-aSEP1SQw.jpg

lolol holy shit what a beast, i'm levelling my first wiz atm. how much? hehe
    Honestly all you need to do is search for "Reduced level requirement", put in a number (10-18), you'll find tonnes of weapons like this. The best ones sometimes with 1K+ damage 1 hand, 1.3K+ 2 hand.
    will do ;)
    As far as how good the particular weapon the OP found is...its ok. I leveled my barb and monk with a 1h mace that did 800 dps and had a socket on it, req lvl 45.

If you want to search for these items, just punch in the required level to be 60 in the range field, then select reduced level requirement affix in the property fields. Usually set this to like 12 or 13, you can find godmode hell items for fairly cheap. A poorly proc'd weapon for a lvl 60 can become very nice for someone working on nightmare if it has the lvl requirement affix :)
    Nice wep for alts, levelling up. Need same op wep for my DH!
    I have sold a bunch of -10-13 lvl req from 500k to 2 M its very valuable for most players who "think" one time extra. The leveling from 46 to 60 goes much much faster. So these - lev req are awesome items really!
    **Farming is my life**
    And it has both INT and STR on it, it could theoretically do more damage (I think, unless the affixes are restricted in some way)!

*EDIT* Actually I might be wrong about that, not sure if Wizard DPS uses STR at all.

Quote from Zero(pS)
    Because they're awesome, make you feel godlike and speed up leveling signficantly (which some consider a chore)?

I'm guessing he means because they're horribly OP to levelling toons and useless to your main?
    Fortunately, if you even care to play beyond Normal Difficulty, then Nightmare and Hell don't matter. So it isn't overpowered by any means. You wouldn't want to use a Level Req. item in Inferno.
    That said, I do remember lvl 61 Bracer with half-decent stats that I sold pretty well.

Quote from Mormolyce

*EDIT* Actually I might be wrong about that, not sure if Wizard DPS uses STR at all.

It doesn't. Only thing that STR gives Wizards is some extra Armor.
    Trust me, I'm a bunny brain-surgeon from space!
    I bought 2 1-H axes for 100k each for my barb and blazed through all content upto Act inf.

-14 lvl requirement is boss. lvl 46 with 2x600 dps weaps, you lol through hell.
    Quote from Mormolyce

Quote from Zero(pS)

I'm guessing he means because they're horribly OP to levelling toons and useless to your main?

Yeah, pretty much that :P it's still awesome to have a lvling alternate 10x more powerful than your friends because they don't know how to search for those weapons.

It feels pretty good to blast through 3-4 champ packs like they were butter, even though you are underleved (very likely if you're rushing).
    Check out the WD gear: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Tarq-2375/hero/2197079

Pimped with as much red ilvl gear as I could find :)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes