COMMUNITY Auction House Live - DCAH.net

Hello to all diablo fans,

I would like to let you know about a project that I had created for
    game Diablo 3, it's called Diablo Community Auction House ( DCAH -
    http://www.dcah.net ).

This project is intented to correct the flaws that the in game Auction
    House has and to improve the game experience of the overall players.

What we can expect from the Beta Version DCAH, some of the key
    features:

- LATEST FEATURE: GEM BUY/SELLING;

- Region Free ( All Region Support with HARDCORE support);
    - ITEMS/GOLD/GEM BUY/SELLING;
    - Sell Unidentified Items;
    - Extensive Search for items (including all kind of in game stats including DPS, DMG, ARMOR, REGION);
    - Sell without limitations;
    - Your own shop where player can show the items that have for sell;
    - ONLY Equipment/Gold functions available at this moment;
    - Trading are made with Battle TAG supply;
    - Direct Link to Items and SOCIAL Share(facebook, twitter, etc);
    - Buyers make offers, seller decide who to sell;
    - History of Sells and Related Items per Seller;
    - Complete history of sells & buys;
    - TAX FREE;
    These are some of features that players can get from using DCAH, more
    work in progress.

You Can Register FOR Free: http://www.dcah.net/?p=4&opt=1
    If this isn't a scam, then I'm curious. How does this fix the flaws of the AH (in fact, what are those flaws)? And in a related question, what is the point to using this, which will probably have between 0-1000 people using it, and to using the actual AH that millions have access to?
    When I grow up, I want to be a frill-necked lizard.
    maybe since tax free?
    I have changed to OPEN Beta, so everyone can sign in, GL!

If you have any ideas, sugestions or feedback please use this discussion or you can direct send email via DCAH.net
    Quote from MCMXCIX

If this isn't a scam, then I'm curious. How does this fix the flaws of the AH (in fact, what are those flaws)? And in a related question, what is the point to using this, which will probably have between 0-1000 people using it, and to using the actual AH that millions have access to?

well you are not limited to 10 items and the search is better 2 big flaws.
    Quote from ClonArg

IMO, security and in-game integration more than outweigh this and some other flaws.
    Blizzard AH has some problems...one of them is that almost every player is greedy and asks for millions and millions for an item...I looked for items in your AH and has the same problem so I'm off!
    Quote from ClonArg

Yes but you invariably have fewer sellers. Instead of millions of sellers you might have hundreds of thousands, although tens of thousands is more likely. So you have a significantly lower pool of items to look through. And you lose security and convenience (once you make a sale you have to finalize it in-game, instead of it being automatic). All this stuff costs time. Time is money.

You may not be paying 15% in AH fees, but remember that every time it takes you 2 minutes to hook up with someone in-game and make the sale happen you are losing 2 minutes that you could have been using to kill monsters and get more stuff.

This is hardly a "cure all." It's just trading one set of problems (some of which Blizzard is actively addressing) for another set of problems (some of which the developers on this site can NEVER address).
    66.0k elite kills :: 1.97m total kills :: p244
    Planet Express <PlanEx>
    (V) (°,,°) (V)
    Quote from shaggy

Quote from ClonArg

Yes but you invariably have fewer sellers. Instead of millions of sellers you might have hundreds of thousands, although tens of thousands is more likely. So you have a significantly lower pool of items to look through. And you lose security and convenience (once you make a sale you have to finalize it in-game, instead of it being automatic). All this stuff costs time. Time is money.

You may not be paying 15% in AH fees, but remember that every time it takes you 2 minutes to hook up with someone in-game and make the sale happen you are losing 2 minutes that you could have been using to kill monsters and get more stuff.

This is hardly a "cure all." It's just trading one set of problems (some of which Blizzard is actively addressing) for another set of problems (some of which the developers on this site can NEVER address).

You got some points there, the reason why the DCAH.net has no limits per seller is because it takes time to get the item selling, and Time is Money.

But think about this, after you put your items you have your own shop that you can link to your friends, just like these

It can be reached after you SIGN IN > ACCOUNT > PUBLIC SHOP

http://www.dcah.net/...p?p=3&profile=2

Enjoy
    I want to share that DCAH now has a Public Patch & Development Notes that can view access by anyone http://www.dcah.net/index.php?p=7&opt=1

You can use to send me feedback, suggestions or report a bug!

Also you can keep track to latest features I'm working on.

At this moment you can also check ITEM REGION ! Big Fail now fixed
    I do not belive in private AHs.

First of all, when a lot of trade scammers are out there waiting for ppl trading outside AH, I don't think this is a safe way to sell or buy any expensive items.

Tbh, if you sell an item worth around 1.000.000g, the tax is 150.000g. Not a big deal. But when you are selling a high end weapon for example, and you expect 50.000.000g for it, what would you choose: less money but no scam (in-game AH) or a possible scam.

Cause I'm sure, these scammers will keep an eye on your site!

Good job with the site tho!
    Yeah, cool idea, just too many scammers to make it really viable.
    It's an intriguing idea. I can't play around with until later today, though. If I have any thoughts or suggestions, I'll be sure to let you know.

Originally Posted by (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Post constructively or I'll press some different buttons next time.
    Quote from Manta16

I do not belive in private AHs.

First of all, when a lot of trade scammers are out there waiting for ppl trading outside AH, I don't think this is a safe way to sell or buy any expensive items.

Tbh, if you sell an item worth around 1.000.000g, the tax is 150.000g. Not a big deal. But when you are selling a high end weapon for example, and you expect 50.000.000g for it, what would you choose: less money but no scam (in-game AH) or a possible scam.

Cause I'm sure, these scammers will keep an eye on your site!

Good job with the site tho!

Quote from ethaxton3434

Yeah, cool idea, just too many scammers to make it really viable.

Regarding Scammers I'll be creating something for them, it's called the HALL OF SHAME and along with that, reputation for buyer/seller that can be found in HALL OF FAME.

Soon DCAH got enough trades the system can work smooth

It can be check in Patch & Develop Notes http://www.dcah.net/...x.php?p=7&opt=1 everything that is going on on DCAH

To all thank for the support so far
    Just an update for all Diablo Fans regarding Diablo Community Auction House

http://www.DCAH.net now has support for selling UNIDENTIFIED ITEMS and search for them

Fixed error that Internet Explorer users were unable to post items!

Feel free to give your feedback and keep track on Patch & Develop Notes

http://www.dcah.net/...x.php?p=7&opt=1
    Hello everyone,

LATEST UPDATES
    - Region Free ( All Region Support with HARDCORE support);
    - GOLD BUY/SELLING;

PLANNED FOR DEVELOP
    - GEM BUY/SELLING;

Feel free to visit anytime www.DCAH.net
    LATEST UPDATE
    - GEM BUY/SELLING;
    - Buy/Selling is Region Free( All Region Support with HARDCORE support) And Currency Select ( Real Money/Gold );

PLANNED FOR DEVELOP
    - Live Chat;
    I think that the concept of your website is interesting, and its probably also fun to develop.

However, I think that the chance for survivability is practically zero. The ingame AH from D3 is just very well implemented and more than sufficient for 99% of the people. For that 1 special item people will go to Ebay or other websites.
    How is this not against the TOS? I'm pretty sure that Blizzard will not look kindly on people buying/selling items through this site.

OWNERSHIP OF LOOT.

YOU AGREE THAT:
    • Blizzard owns or has the right to use all of the Loot, as well as all of the characters and content that appears in Diablo.
    • You do not own any of the Loot, characters, or other content that appears in Diablo, and that you have no right or title in or to any of the Loot (other than any license to use any Loot granted to you by Blizzard, which may be revoked by Blizzard at any time), Diablo, or your Account.
    • You are not allowed to sell, trade or somehow transfer Loot, characters, or any other Diablo content outside of Diablo or the Auction House.
    The idea is nice.

The problem is that any buyer who uses your website might potentially lose all items/gold that he got using your service. It's unlikely and I have no idea if it ever happened yet in D3, but it's simply against the D3 (and in particular RMAH) ToS you signed when you started playing.

You are not allowed to sell, trade or somehow transfer Loot, characters, or any other Diablo content outside of Diablo or the Auction House. (http://us.blizzard.c...d3rmah_tou.html)

Edit: damnit, this thread has been around for almost 5 months and Talarynne beat me to it by 4 freaking minutes. ;-)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes