How Inferno champion packs kill build diversity

Quote from maka

Quote from Zakaz

Quote from Rade

Quote from Zakaz

I would love to see your empirical evidence on the matter. You know, [citationneeded.jpg].

When was the last time you saw someone use Weapon Throw in an Inferno co-op run? Or Wave of Light? Or Disintegrate? Cause I sure haven't. All I've seen is LoH Monk tanks, Frenzy and Whirlwind Barbs (99.9% of which use War Cry), glass-cannon Demon Hunters who all favor that 3-shot venom pierce-through attack, Gargantuan+Fettish Army WDs, CM Wizards (that repetitive sound of Explosive Blast is burned into my skull by now) and Venom Hydra Wizards. People who deviate in the slightest from this constitute less than 10% of whom I meet. And let me tell you, I play a lot of Inferno co-op.

Neither my barbarian nor DH use the skills you've described, with the exception of War Cry (because it's very powerful - every class has one or two of these types of abilities). I could list an entire page of builds that are utilized on a regular basis to farm all available content (but won't because it's readily available for you to find if you so choose, rather than jumping to conclusions based on less than 30 seconds of research). Your point has been dismantled. Anything else?

Dismantled? Just because you say your characters don't use the skills he mentioned? You're only one person.
    What he says is my experience as well; I join a lot of public games and I always see Venom Hydra, Frenzy or WW, often see the venom Bola shot,etc.
    Your point has been dismantled. Anything else?

And no, changing a single rune does not a different build make. No matter how many times you say it does.

Again, show me actual data, not your "experience" (which is questionable at best, guy who hasn't even cleared Act 2 normal on his displayed account). You and everyone else like you need to stop contending points that you're clueless about. Stop citing numbers, figures, even generalized bullshit like "majority" unless you have some hard fucking data to back it up.

Lastly, don't make me point you to the dictionary. Having a semantics battle over the definition of a word that a second-grader knows just makes you look stupid. Even foregoing the single rune deviation, there are still hundreds of different builds out there between the classes. A quick look at the class forums here alone will show you that. Stop being difficult (do you know what that word means?)
    He's completely right, I run ALOT of Act3 co-op.

Dunno about monk or DH builds but all I see is WW/Sprint Barbs and CM Wiz's. Every now and then I see a snare wiz ( Arc. Orb/Blizz/V.Hydra )

But really 19/20 games thats all I see, WW/S Barb or CM Wiz;s.
    Most people will gravitate towards popular builds, and there will probably always be a few low-risk/high-damage builds that dominate for that very reason.

'Build popularity' is something of a red herring, for that very reason. It's not Blizzard's job to make all builds equally popular, it's just their job to make sure that for people who want to, trying different builds is fun and rewarding.
    Except that they don't work in Act 3 unless ure carried.

All this discussion is rather moot though, given the announced changes to increase viablity of other specs.
    Quote from Catalept

Most people will gravitate towards popular builds, and there will probably always be a few low-risk/high-damage builds that dominate for that very reason.

'Build popularity' is something of a red herring, for that very reason. It's not Blizzard's job to make all builds equally popular, it's just their job to make sure that for people who want to, trying different builds is fun and rewarding.

Quote from Zergie

Except that they don't work in Act 3 unless ure carried.

That pretty much sums up the argument. It's not that we want people to stop using template builds. We just want more creative ones to be equally potent.
    Trust me, I'm a bunny brain-surgeon from space!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes