Lack of news, what's going on?

Quote from proletaria

Quote from DiabloManDan

I don't think anybody is expecting MMO level updates, just updates on when the game we purchased will be finished.

I take it you expected mutli-year-old-game-with-expansion-and-content-packages level of polish in the first couple months?

Let me know when a game like that shows up, because history to this date has not seen one.

No, not talking about balance/polish.....talking about PvP being in the game.
    Quote from DiabloManDan

Quote from proletaria

Quote from DiabloManDan

I don't think anybody is expecting MMO level updates, just updates on when the game we purchased will be finished.

I take it you expected mutli-year-old-game-with-expansion-and-content-packages level of polish in the first couple months?

Let me know when a game like that shows up, because history to this date has not seen one.

Oh you mean the part they said wouldn't ship with release?

Sounds like you bought the game too soon.
    Part of the problem is the AH (OH GOD, IT'S TRUE!) Blizzard's D3 announcements have to be of sufficient clarity and definitiveness that the AH has time to adjust. Letting people offload soon-to-be obsolete gear and giving them time to tool up for new changes is Very Good Idea. Unfortunately, that means that 'musing aloud' is pretty much off the table unless it's to get player feedback well in advance of any actual changes.

Because of that, I interpret Blizzard's current (and far from atypical) silence to mean that they've pretty much decided what to change, and how to change it, but they're still not close to having enough details to make a market-friendly announcement.

If either the skills overhaul or the legendaries overhaul was going to be just a matter of tweaking coefficients and bumping up stats, I'd have expected them to say so by now. Hopefully that means they're going to completely rework at least a few skills for each class (and I think we'd all have a fairly predictable list of what are, at the moment, total duds), and we already know there's some super-secret shenanigans going on with legendaries.

I can't help wondering if the two are going to be suprisingly intertwined somehow, because otherwise I just can't see the sense in insisting that 1.04 has both sets of major changes at once.
    Quote from proletaria

Quote from DiabloManDan

Quote from proletaria

Quote from DiabloManDan

Oh you mean the part they said wouldn't ship with release?

Sounds like you bought the game too soon.

Yeah, that part. No, didn't buy it too soon....been having a blast so far.

Would just like to hear more details about when the full game will be done. That's all.
    Quote from DiabloManDan

Yeah, that part. No, didn't buy it too soon....been having a blast so far.

Would just like to hear more details about when the full game will be done. That's all.

We'll never know. Look at what Blizzard has done to D2, WC3, WoW (in between xpacks, of course), and even SC2. The fact is, they've compulsive tinkerers. It was done on release, it'll be more done by the end of the year, and unless Blizzard stops being Blizzard, it'll be done and re-done over the next decade.
    Quote from Catalept

We'll never know. Look at what Blizzard has done to D2, WC3, WoW (in between xpacks, of course), and even SC2. The fact is, they've compulsive tinkerers. It was done on release, it'll be more done by the end of the year, and unless Blizzard stops being Blizzard, it'll be done and re-done over the next decade.

That's the only thing keeping me going, farming with some idea that things will get way better. The game plays great. The items fail to impress in any shadow of resemblance to what they had to work with off of D2.

I said it before, I'll say it again and again until it is either fixed or I quit. .......

Add D2's itemization to D3's gameplay and we have the starting point for the best ARPG ever made.

Shameful.
    BurningRope#1322
    I like the game, I`m still playing it on daily basis....
    However I expected much more from Blizz on the item part of the game
    Blizz underestimate power of the item progression in this game
    Endgame item hunt is pointless without patch 1.0.4 and it seems unreasonable to have this patch anytime soon (2 weeks at least :o(
    I`m still VERY worried D3 was created with RMAH in mind only - rest of the game could be based on RMAH needs

I just saw 2 videos about Path of Exile (Kripp video + developer video about maps) and it really opened my eyes -> that should Blizz implement into D3 and it would be great game from the beginning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ejSJiGN4A8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m59Qioc6Kq4
    Would you look at that, a game that manages to reach far more complexity and round-goes the issues of Diablo 3 - WITH A STUDIO, OF INDIE LEVEL. 20 god damn people. This SHOULD say something to all you people having us brushed off as "instant gratification" - AND combined with the fact of how long D3 was in development and how much they changed - It's EVIDENT that they borked up. It's just, obvious.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CrazyPoochification - Let's Play of Eastern Sun/Other stuff
    I saw path of exile long time ago but I believe now its already becoming better then diablo 3. The currencys hmm still have me doubt there. But maybe its not that weird after all and destroys gold farmers pretty much. Having ah I would like to see that in more games. But thats just me.

So I hope blizzard is smart and they really gonna fix the game. But before they react it will by ages later..

http://beta.xfire.com/games/d3 just see the player drops. Not everyone uses xfire but this gives a average image.
    Oh no, they have not said a word to us for a whole week!!!

A WHOLE WEEK!!!

I thought we had something... but its obvious that they dont love us anymore... its time to break up :QQ:

Seriously people, what the fuck.
    Quote from safka

Oh no, they have not said a word to us for a whole week!!!

A WHOLE WEEK!!!

I thought we had something... but its obvious that they dont love us anymore... its time to break up :QQ:

Seriously people, what the fuck.

11 days since Mike went to address technically NOTHING. Yes, he did go to say "Ho-hum, Diablo is our investment - And we won't let it die. But we have nothing concrete to tell you, lol" -. Do your research before you bash.

Fact is, the latest post that CONCRETELY discerns their plans of the game, is from July the 12th. That is 19 days ago. That means you have ALMOST 3 weeks, of complete silence where they have no shed any light on any news.

And it's starting to get out of hand then. I know Blizzard are big and busy, But people will only take so much "Ho-hum, we can't share anything concrete. Because *lol deadlines*" - When it doesn't even involve deadlines. This is what pisses me off with the process - It's one thing to go out and say with definition "This is what will happen" - But it is a COMPLETELY other issue, to just perhaps say SOMETHING about your changes beyond "it will be awesome" ; given how D3 left so many butt-hurt already from all the hype and then getting a pretty poor designed game.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CrazyPoochification - Let's Play of Eastern Sun/Other stuff
    Quote from Doorsfan

a pretty poor designed game.

That's putting it nicely
    Mike post did not bring any news to me. It was perfect manager/director post for all the customers. He wanted to save the situation
    I would like to see more posts from Jay, because his posts were much more "technical" and less "business" related

I`m waiting for patch 1.0.4 just because of legendary revamp. And let`s be honest: this revamp should be in the game just from the start.
    I don`t understand how Blizz could even test the game with this kind of legendaries - I`m sure they did not, because 98% of legendaries are worthless.
    In fact I find it a good sign that D3 CMs and Jay are silent, it means they are working double time for us to give us a very nice 1.0.4! And beyond!
    Quote from xkillerz

I saw path of exile long time ago but I believe now its already becoming better then diablo 3. The currencys hmm still have me doubt there. But maybe its not that weird after all and destroys gold farmers pretty much. Having ah I would like to see that in more games. But thats just me.

So I hope blizzard is smart and they really gonna fix the game. But before they react it will by ages later..

http://beta.xfire.com/games/d3 just see the player drops. Not everyone uses xfire but this gives a average image.

POE looks like a bad dupe of Diablo 1 and 2. Don't you remember how D1 and D2 was initially?
    11 days since Mike went to address technically NOTHING.

okay, so it is a big blue post describing all kinds of d3 related stuff... but i guess its not good enough. Oh, lets ignore the hotfix notes from 4-5-whatever days ago while we are at it. That is not really what we want... we want, nay, we DEMAND from CMs to post a giant post EVERY day that includes info on how many lines of code was written and how many design decisions were undertaken, also we want to know what they had for lunch. They bet get this info right... or we will crucify them on a cross of fire.

Do your research before you bash.

You can not argue with a river of tears, just grab a boat and enjoy the view.
    They've given up on the few people that do still play this game. Guild Wars 2, Borderlands 2, MoP, and a handful of new games are approaching with much more appeal than a broken game focused around the real money auction house. Hmmm... spend hours upon hours farming for crappy yellows and blues... or play something else.
    Quote from Crondo

They've given up on the few people that do still play this game.

ohhh god.....

They haven't given up. What's wrong with you kids? I'm not trying to flame, but could we please try to be at least a little bit intelligent, unlike the Bnet forums?

The game has issues, I admit. But at least stay firmly planted in reality.
    BurningRope#1322
    Just report obvious trolls. People like that are the exact reason that Blizzard has to invest so much time/money in attempting to keep the B.net forums clean. I don't know what Blizzard could have done to someone to make them that angry, but posts like that are childish and have absolutely no basis in fact. It's like the weekly bridge game at the old people's house where the women just talk shit about the other women in the place because they don't like the clothes they wear or something.
    67.1k elite kills :: 1.98m total kills :: p255
    Planet Express <PlanEx>
    (V) (°,,°) (V)
    they just realised that no matter what they're posting people cry anyway
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes