D2 or D3 general poll

Poll: Which game have you enjoyed the most (so far)?

D2 or D3?

Which game have you enjoyed the most (so far)? - Single Choice

• D3 43.9%
  • D2 56.1%

Poll: Which game would you be playing if they both had been released n

D2 or D3?

Which game would you be playing if they both had been released n - Single Choice

• D3 59.2%
  • D2 40.8%

Poll: Do you prefere the old barter system in D2 or the AH system in D

D2 or D3?

Do you prefere the old barter system in D2 or the AH system in D - Single Choice

• D3 56.1%
  • D2 43.9%
    I keep seeing a lot of threads about the three questions above, so figure people might wanna cast a vote instead of reading through a lot of sometimes over-verbose and heated threads.

Personally I have enjoyed D2 more then D3 so far, but I'm sure during the years to come I will enjoy D3 just as much or possibly more then D2. And I LOVE the AH system over the barter system for a game like Diablo.
    Winter is coming...
    I'm not sure how anyone can say they enjoyed D2 more than D3 unless they were heavy into PvPing in D2. Besides the PvP both games play the exact same with the exception of the final difficulty of D3 actually requiring intelligent gameplay, gear, and skill.
    Man how can anyone like D2's "barter system". Go reinstall D2 and play it a bit and remind yourself what it was like trading in D2. Just horrible.
    Quote from Mormolyce

Man how can anyone like D2's "barter system". Go reinstall D2 and play it a bit and remind yourself what it was like trading in D2. Just horrible.

Are you kidding? That's like saying, 'man, how can anyone like D2's chat channels'?
    D2 trading was one of the games greatest achievements. It had a personal feel to it and that feeling of actually having that check mark turn green on the other side was one of the best feelings in the game. Now it's just dumbed down, ugly and impersonal=BORING.
    Quote from phoulmouth

I'm not sure how anyone can say they enjoyed D2 more than D3 unless they were heavy into PvPing in D2. Besides the PvP both games play the exact same with the exception of the final difficulty of D3 actually requiring intelligent gameplay, gear, and skill.

Well i am not saying D2 is better game but i definitely enjoyed it more. But it was probably bacause i was a kid, most games feel awesome when you are a kid.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.
    one poll missing:

which item drop system do you prefer?

d2 or d3?
    Quote from InfidelMan
    Are you kidding? That's like saying, 'man, how can anyone like D2's chat channels'?
    D2 trading was one of the games greatest achievements. It had a personal feel to it and that feeling of actually having that check mark turn green on the other side was one of the best feelings in the game. Now it's just dumbed down, ugly and impersonal=BORING.

Personal? You'd go into a trade game with some complete random to trade for some dupes and never see them again...

How is a trade window/drop items on the floor a great achievement?

Quote from Need_More_DPS

one poll missing:

d2 or d3?

They're the same? Or do you mean the whole anyone-can-ninja-all-the-drops-by-clicking-fast-enough thing?
    Quote from Need_More_DPS

one poll missing:

d2 or d3?

Gotta agree with this. IMHO game play wise D3 just cant be touched by D2 and had they both released at the same time, I would easily pick D3 over D2 (would actually buy both but that's not the point)

I actually prefer the auction to the barter system, but i definitely don't like D3's loot or drop system and i can't shake the feeling that the auction house has a lot to do with how messed up they both are.

So even though I've voted in favor of D3 for all the three poll questions, I still think D2's loot and drop system were miles ahead of the current bullshit you have in D3 where you have a one in million-billion-trillion-gazillion chance of getting that perfectly rolled upgrade piece.

Edit:- to the dude above me,when referring to the drops, he's not talking about the ninjafest in D2, but the quality of items dropped compared to the current abundance of vendor trash you see in D3.
    D2's trading system..... Does any1 even remember it's trading system from before 1.10 is my question?
    With patch 1.10 and higher, D2jsp came in an ruined the trading system. Before that u used to go in trading channel's and spam ur trade message... Man that used to be fun :D If u spammed to much u got kicked... :)

What u could also do was create a game with a specific name and trade ur items ingame with people who actually came in your game to trade....

Diablo 3 is disappointing me more and more every day (in every way)... Hope they fix some things soon :)
    Quote from phoulmouth
    final difficulty of D3 actually requiring intelligent gameplay, gear, and skill.

Hahaha, no.

Btw, I also miss an option for the item system.
    Quote from phoulmouth

One reason that you might have enjoyed D2 more is cause you were 10+ years younger :).
    What about
    "What was more innovative for its time?" that would be D2 100%
    Comparing a game that is 10 years old to its sequel is silly.

Which game would you be playing if they both had been released now instead of 10+ years appart?

Controlling my insults regarding this question........ Maybe I will be immature and say D2 as the hardware and OS to run D3 wont be released for possibly another 6 years.
    I'm laughing so hard at the people who chose Diablo 2 at the second question. It's ridiculous.

Quote from Gaseraki

What about
    "What was more innovative for its time?" that would be D2 100%
    Comparing a game that is 10 years old to its sequel is silly.

Which game would you be playing if they both had been released now instead of 10+ years appart?

Controlling my insults regarding this question........ Maybe I will be immature and say D2 as the hardware and OS to run D3 wont be released for possibly another 6 years.

He specifically stated:
    had been released now
    So you're not only being immature, you also read the whole thing wrong.
    "So you're not only being immature, you also read the whole thing wrong."

Will admit i read that wrong. My points are still valid. Comparing a game to its sequel is illogical.
    Quote from Gaseraki

"So you're not only being immature, you also read the whole thing wrong."

Will admit i read that wrong. My points are still valid. Comparing a game to its sequel is illogical.

Then why is this form littered with post after post of people (some with valid points, some nerdraging, some outright trolling - SOME IN THIS VERY THREAD) making said comparisons? Why is it invalid to ask if they were both released today which would you be playing when there has been some people who have been so vocal about how superior D2 is in every single way to D3?

It's a VERY valid question given how part of the community has portrayed D2 and it's valid because of the rampant insinuations that D2 is better than D3. If D2 is so much better than D3 then, if they were both released today, everyone should pick D2, right?
    67.1k elite kills :: 1.98m total kills :: p255
    Planet Express <PlanEx>
    (V) (°,,°) (V)
    Quote from Need_More_DPS

one poll missing:

d2 or d3?

Mmm, good one. Unfortunatly, I could only add 3 questions :P

Quote from phoulmouth

The "PvP" in D2 was something that brought the "funness" down a lot for me, being TPpked was not a very fun experience for me as a HC player.

So overall so far:
    People enjoyed D2 more then D3 so far. (slight favor)
    People would play D3 instead of D2 if they both had been released today. (slight favor)
    People are pretty split on the Barter vs. AH issue. (moderate favor)
    Winter is coming...
    D3. D3. D3. I love Diablo II: Lord of Destruction but Diablo III is where it's at. D3 is the best game I've ever played. I love dungeon crawler/hack n slash video games and Diablo III has satisfied my itch for a game of that genre that's as good as Diablo/D2. I don't allow myself to burn out on it by playing excessively, though. I take a break and watch/read/play something else.
    Jurassic World – 2015
    Quote from Mormolyce

Quote from InfidelMan

Personal? You'd go into a trade game with some complete random to trade for some dupes and never see them again...

How is a trade window/drop items on the floor a great achievement?

Quote from Need_More_DPS

one poll missing:

d2 or d3?

They're the same? Or do you mean the whole anyone-can-ninja-all-the-drops-by-clicking-fast-enough thing?

That's beside the point, I never traded a dupe. You worked for your bad ass gear, you could trade for a specific item. And I also made many friends like that. Because the system was social instead of what it is now.
    I said D2, D3, D2. I liked the the barter system, but it was also dependent of popular trade channels, and trade games like "trade post" or "buriza4offer" which no longer exist. I don't use the channels in D3 just to annoying to be switching who I am chatting with.
    i must say that i enjoyed the gameplay of diablo I way more then both II and III.
    but the trading system and game technology diablo III is far superior to its predecessor.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes