Diablo 3 Boredom Poll

Poll: Is Diablo 3 now boring?

Is Diablo 3 now boring? - Single Choice

• NO 30.5%
  • YES 69.5%
    238 hours on my main character... still grinding like a bastard. :)
    Quote from MCMXCIX

1) The ever-present nostalgia factor. Sequels rarely ever surpass their predecessors, and nostalgia is a big factor for that. When I played Diablo 2, I was a kid. Now, I'm an adult, and I just don't get the same enjoyment out of games than I did back then. It's not Diablo 3's fault, it's mine.

Hmm well... I was in my 30s when I started playing Diablo 1. Of course I also played Diablo 2 and LOD - but I've played Diablo 3 far more than I ever played Diablo 1 and 2. :)
    Quote from Slayerviper

When did you play those 6 years, the beginning or later half? The only reason I played D2 for as long as I did is being forced to make new chars to try out a new build. D2 vanilla was forgettable too but hey we all have our own perspectives.

Played within those six years in and out, more towards launch. My brothers and I loved PKing players in Hardcore mode for ears and corpse loot.
    Sex, Drugs, & Rock n' Roll
    Quote from MCMXCIX

Yes, the removal of having to create new characters to try new builds reduced the replayability of the game. Maybe I would still be playing if respecs were out, but I probably wouldn't enjoy having to plan things out and respec if I made a single mistake.

Have to agree with this wholeheartedly. I played D2 single player contentedly for almost a solid year, just collecting items, using atma to horde the stuff (still have my stash files too.. hrm). I got miserably bored when I starting using an editor just to move skill points around to test new builds. took another month or so but Totally burnt out. D3 has claimed about 500hrs of my life since release morning, and eh, 70mil (and $30) in the bank and I don't even care since it'll buy maybe one good upgrade or two. Now the only things left in my life are school and my girl. :\
    It's not boring but I don't feel the urge to play it as often for as long as I did the first few weeks. Now I get on and farm a little, once or twice I'll do some progression through Act 3. I don't really find it boring, though.
    what killed diablo 3 for me was killing diablo on inferno and him being easier then act 3/4 was. was farming for better gear on my monk but that got old quick when i had already beat inferno. started a hardcore monk and been vendor farming to find things to sell on the ah to make some gold to buy gear for that toon. but none the less over all yes the game has gotten boring, my brother and most my friends i played with have already quit
    Quote from ffaorlandu

It's not boring but I don't feel the urge to play it as often for as long as I did the first few weeks.

I'm not trying to call you out in particular, but this happens to me with every game. Unless there is a major expansion or content patch on the horizon I more or less putter along and enjoy the game an hour or two a night. That's just how I've been a gamer for the majority of the time I have considered it among my hobbies.

I also can't go without mentioning I disagree with the nostalgia for making 5x the same character class to play with different builds. It's as though an obvious time-sink has been identified and yet the rose-tint of memory is so strong that we can't admit it was just as repetitive as putting things on the AH or farming.
    Quote from proletaria

It's as though an obvious time-sink has been identified and yet the rose-tint of memory is so strong that we can't admit it was just as repetitive as putting things on the AH or farming.

Repetitive yes, but greater reward, therefore more fun.
    Quote from BigEd781

Quote from proletaria

It's as though an obvious time-sink has been identified and yet the rose-tint of memory is so strong that we can't admit it was just as repetitive as putting things on the AH or farming.

What is the greater reward? In both cases the only reward is doing the same things with other skills. The sole difference between the two systems is that one requires you level from scratch with those new skills.
    Quote from proletaria

Quote from BigEd781

Quote from proletaria

What is the greater reward? In both cases the only reward is doing the same things with other skills. The sole difference between the two systems is that one requires you level from scratch with those new skills.

Finding good gear faster. I don't have numbers, but I've played both games extensively and I don;t recall spending 150+ hours on farming with little to show for it in D2. Farming champ packs instead of bosses doesn't make farming any more fun for me.
    After 400+ hours I am about ready to quit. It's so boring. The only reason I am holding on is because I am curious about the upcoming legendary boost.

For those looking to make the "400 hours isn't good enough for $60?" argument, don't. I have played MMO's before for literally years (played time) without losing interest. This game just doesn't do it. Yes, I suppose I got my moneys worth, but I hoped for something greater (as I think we all did).
    Playing a Wizard. Looking for Demon Hunters to play with.
    I played Diablo 2 just before Diablo 3's release. The only things I liked about Diablo 3 over Diablo 2 was graphics(come on that's a given), Act 3 wasn't a nightmare ;), and Hireling's Storyline. Everything else sadly just wasn't my cup of tea.
    Still playing, still enjoying.

Quote from KillDiablosMom
    i wonder why Diablo 3 is becaming easily boring compared to Diablo 2 (played for six years).

Did you play Diablo 2 non-stop for 6 years? This argument is garbage, if people put as many hours into D2 as they obviously have into D3 they'd be very bored with it by now. D2 didn't even have Inferno! There was no need to farm anything you could beat the whole game in blues!
    Played within those six years in and out, more towards launch. My brothers and I loved PKing players in Hardcore mode for ears and corpse loot.

So... you're a PVP player. And they haven't launched PVP yet. So from your perspective, D3 hasn't even been released yet. Not surprising you're bored with it.
    Quote from BigEd781

Quote from proletaria

Quote from BigEd781

Quote from proletaria

Finding good gear faster. I don't have numbers, but I've played both games extensively and I don;t recall spending 150+ hours on farming with little to show for it in D2. Farming champ packs instead of bosses doesn't make farming any more fun for me.

I agree with you on itemization issues, but our discussion was about skills or being forced to make a clone character and not drop rates or loot quality.

I also can't go without mentioning I disagree with the nostalgia for making 5x the same character class to play with different builds. It's as though an obvious time-sink has been identified and yet the rose-tint of memory is so strong that we can't admit it was just as repetitive as putting things on the AH or farming.

-----

Quote from Nastai

For those looking to make the "400 hours isn't good enough for $60?" argument, don't. I have played MMO's before for literally years (played time) without losing interest. This game just doesn't do it. Yes, I suppose I got my moneys worth, but I hoped for something greater (as I think we all did).

Tell me more about this engaging mmo which apparently does not have a subscription fee. I play or played several worthwhile mmo's too. They also get dry between major content patches. I'm logging into EVE Online right now just to update my skill queue and then log off. I don't know that 1.4 will be a major revitalizing patch for everyone, but i'll give it the benefit of the doubt.
    Quote from Mormolyce

So... you're a PVP player. And they haven't launched PVP yet. So from your perspective, D3 hasn't even been released yet. Not surprising you're bored with it.

premature Diablo 3 is premature
    Quote from proletaria

Tell me more about this engaging mmo which apparently does not have a subscription fee. I play or played several worthwhile mmo's too. They also get dry between major content patches. I'm logging into EVE Online right now just to update my skill queue and then log off. I don't know that 1.4 will be a major revitalizing patch for everyone, but i'll give it the benefit of the doubt.

The War Z will likely be the most instresting MMO yet

Quote from proletaria

The War Z will likely be the most instresting MMO yet

Is that supposed to be a response to what you quoted?
    just a shout out
    I watched every DiabloCast months before the game released, i was totally hyped, played the game like a month max, didn't log in AT ALL since. (was actually literally checking this forum just to check out if there'd be any of these sort of threads, where people discuss how bad/boring the game is :D)

Yeah, it really didn't do it for me. I actually did have a lot of fun playing through first few times, but they really failed on keeping it interesting after that.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes