God Mode Invulnerable Wizard Bug [Video]

Tried it, it works. got bored after 4 minutes of gameplay and exited client. This game sucks.
    Blizzard will NOT permbann for this, they havent done that in wow, and never have in diablo3.
    In wow all the massive exploits got max 2-3 days suspension, never permbanned for using ingame exploits.

Its another story if you use software like bots,scripts etc.
    Here's some proof it's been around for a while:

http://us.battle.net...opic/6147286812

The thread basically has a 1 month old video of someone doing it. (Obviously been around longer than this. :P)
    This needs to be patched... Not only you don't take any damage, CC doesn't work either.
    -Ash
    I love how, after he kills diablo, he says that only 63's drop. And then most everything that drops is like level 55-58 or something. Thought that was funny.
    Blizzard can and hopefully will hand out some bans for this. They can ban for pretty much anything.

If they have the same stance on exploiting as they do with WoW:
    Nonetheless, certain acts go beyond what is "fair" and are considered serious violations of these Terms of Use. Those acts include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
    (i) Using or exploiting errors in design, features which have not been documented, and/or "program bugs" to gain access that is otherwise not available, or to obtain a competitive advantage over other players;

(ii) Conduct prohibited by the EULA or elsewhere in these Terms of Use; and

(iii) Anything that Blizzard considers contrary to the "essence" of the Game.

Even if they don't specifically state it though they can still cancel your battle.net account access under this ToU section:

ACCOUNT SUSPENSION/CANCELATION.
    BLIZZARD MAY SUSPEND, TERMINATE, MODIFY, OR DELETE ACCOUNTS AT ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON OR FOR NO REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU. Accounts terminated by Blizzard for any type of abuse, including without limitation a violation of these TOU, a Game-specific Terms of Use, or a Game EULA will not be reactivated for any reason. For purposes of explanation and not limitation, most account suspensions, terminations and/or deletions are the result of violations of these TOU, a Game-specific Terms of Use, a Game EULA or other Blizzard policy.

Anyways people doing this clearly know they're exploiting a broken game mechanic and what they're doing is wrong, I'd like to see some bans. I'd like for Blizzard to show that they're not going to allow people to just do what they want in the game and show that there are repercussions for actions like this and that everyone playing fairly isn't just wasting their time.
    http://us.battle.net...oitation-policy

http://us.battle.net...count-penalties

Not saying they won't perm ban you for it, but it doesn't sound like it would fall under "extreme" and probably yield a ban of up to like 7 days? Unless of course you've been exploiting it for months or for 18 hours a day, which is something I would call extreme regardless. :P

Whether it is wrong or not to use it, I don't think it should have a permanent ban attached to it, but a temp ban would make sense to me. At the end of the day, it is their fault this was possible and have made no attempt thus far to actually fix or comment on it. Also it's not much worse than several exploits in the past that they didn't warn/suspend people for.
    Guys diablo is not wow ...blizzard were banning way more heavy in wow overall and for small things aswel even for an insult u can get 1 day ban while diablo is way way different they wont ban at all exploiting a flaw mechanic in teh game in the worst scenario u can get 1-2 days ban wich i highly doubt , ppl are abusing flaws in diablo 3 since its release and they only get fixed w/o any bans blizz only did ban waves vs ppl using 3rd party programs nothing else as far as i know.
    Also, lots of classes can legitimately farm Act 3 and are actively using the double to quadruple loot EXPLOIT for months and have received no account actions, either. I could argue the loot exploit is actually worse than a bunch of the bad and/or undergeared Wizards abusing invulnerability.

Regardless, rather than figuring out a way to ban everyone without also banning innocents, they should focus their effort on actually fixing a bug/glitch/exploit every once in a while. Some blue posts about the exploits wouldn't hurt my faith in them, either. :P
    The multiple loot drop thing is probably bannable too, the one that allows you to get multiple of one drop.

Create, utilize or transact in “Duplicated Items.” A “Duplicated Item” is any item in the Game created or copied by exploiting errors in the Game’s design, features which have not been documented, errors in the Service, and/or program bugs;

My guess is they haven't had a good way to track most of this stuff yet but if they can, and they will eventually, they will start suspending and even possibly banning people.
    Any news on when there's going to be a HotFix for this? It's quite unfair right now to the other 4 classes.
    now think hardcore = easy with gode mode wizz o.O
    Demon Hunter Owner :-)
    My YouTube Check it !
    Quote from Boss_Hogg

Any news on when there's going to be a HotFix for this? It's quite unfair right now to the other 4 classes.

Let's just say, I would start leveling a Wizard if I was you. :P
    Quote from Daemaro

The multiple loot drop thing is probably bannable too, the one that allows you to get multiple of one drop.

Create, utilize or transact in “Duplicated Items.” A “Duplicated Item” is any item in the Game created or copied by exploiting errors in the Game’s design, features which have not been documented, errors in the Service, and/or program bugs;

My guess is they haven't had a good way to track most of this stuff yet but if they can, and they will eventually, they will start suspending and even possibly banning people.

The multi-loot drop is not only not bannable but undetectable as well. Its probably even an intended mechanic to give you extra drops for taking on groups of elites at a time. Honestly a simple hotfix would have fixed this, so I'm sure it is intended.

They log a whole lot less of the activity in this game than you think they do, with how many millions of people playing constantly they would need at least another computer (or two even, for EACH server computer) to process the data into a human readable form.
    Just processing data in memory is one thing, but saving all of it to a file and then reading/doing any kind of sorting or data computation is too much.

Banning for the godmode exploit would be a little easier, as there is a lot of other data they can use to see if you used it. They can just do a search for people with archon, teleport + fracture, and see if they have any achievements beyond what the gear they are wearing permits. Like if they looked at my achievements last night... all 4 acts in under an hour achievement, 3 end of act boss achievments from inferno, all the possible "don't stand in" "get hit by" achievements. And even though we can't see them, they probably keep some sort of Statistics page like they have for wow, detailing amount of damage taken, dealt, etc, and could probably check things like that too. And we know they already have the tools to pull the info from the character databases about the characters.
    I'm kinda curious how many Wizards beat hardcore Inferno last night and today. I bet that'll look odd in their reports. :P
    Quote from FattyXP

The multi-loot drop is not only not bannable but undetectable as well. Its probably even an intended mechanic to give you extra drops for taking on groups of elites at a time. Honestly a simple hotfix would have fixed this, so I'm sure it is intended.

I've never read anything more ridiculous in all my life, lol. You can't be serious.
    If this really gets HOT-hotfixed as in it just suddenly stops working I bet we'll have a lot of sad hardcore players soon :]
    Quote from rebjorn

If this really gets HOT-hotfixed as in it just suddenly stops working I bet we'll have a lot of sad hardcore players soon :]

^Fixed

If this gets hotfixed, as in it suddenly stops working, I bet there will be a lot of justifiably dead hardcore players soon. Fuck them, cheating bitches.
    Quote from GhostLoad

Fuck them, cheating bitches.

I think you should just roll a Wizard and turn that frown upside down.
    I'm surprised that there hasn't been a post yet that says this has been hot-fixed. I expected to wake up today with it being fixed. oO Rather game-breaking.

Originally Posted by (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Post constructively or I'll press some different buttons next time.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes