So i just got banned...

I was not doing Sark runs for fun, i was doing it for the gold to try and keep up with the economy, Have you looked at the AH prices lately ?
    And i did Sark runs becuase it was a simple, easy run, TeamViewer does not give realtime no lag perfect control, there is some delay, and could not play real runs, so i did gold runs at work, and in free time, Act 3 gear runs :)
    I sure hope it wasn't teamviewer that got you banned. I plan on playing Diablo 3 at school, but of course I can't install programs.
    When I grow up, I want to be a frill-necked lizard.
    Is it not enought that people are quitting Diablo 3 in packs due to the lack endgame content, troubleing itemization and rubberbanding every other minute , they also ban the few remaining ones.
    Quote from mekanykl

Is it not enought that people are quitting Diablo 3 in packs due to the lack endgame content, troubleing itemization and rubberbanding every other minute , they also ban the few remaining ones.
    I really wish we had an option to hand out negative reputation to posts like these.
    Quote from Kooqu

Quote from mekanykl

I really wish we had an option to hand out negative reputation to posts like these.

Why do you think this is a bad post ?
    Why
    Quote from mekanykl

Quote from Kooqu

Quote from mekanykl

Why do you think this is a bad post ?

1. There isn't a lack of end-game content -- you're just not satisfied with what there is. That tends to happen when you spend 200+ hours on a game. Diablo 2 was a similar situation for the first year, at least.

2. Itemization is fine at this point in the game. Not every item is supposed to be fantastic. Expansions and content updates will improve it further. This is something that most people fail to realize about Diablo 2 -- It was a very different game at launch, so comparing itemization between the two isn't very useful (I realize you didn't directly compare it to anything, but it's pretty much accepted that everyone's complaints about D3 are inspired by their love of Diablo 2).

3. We have no proof that they've banned anyone for any illegitimate reasons. The Linux complainers were apparently cheating/botting. The OP in this thread may be the same -- he's certainly not going to admit it. Perhaps his account has been compromised. He may be telling the truth, but automatically assuming that his complaint is 100% legitimate is silly considering that no other ban complaints have been confirmed as legitimate. In other words, you'd be a fool to trust every random "I got banned for nothing!" post. It's also foolish to suggest that players are leaving the game in droves. D3 has an active, large player base and this will continue for a long time.

In short, I thought your post was bad because you're complaining about end-game content, which will be improved upon as the game progresses (just like Diablo 2), you're complaining about itemization, which will be improved upon as the game progresses (just like Diablo 2), and you're complaining about false bans when there's no legitimate reason to suspect that any such bans have taken place. You're also spreading the misconception that the game is rapidly dying. It's not.

I have no issue with your rubberbanding complaint, but the rest of your post was awful. That's why I want the ability to neg rep it.
    Your best solution to this would be to personally contact blizzard and talk to them about it. Posting on a fansite forums isn't going to get your account unbanned any quicker.

List of the telephone numbers and such: http://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/contact
    Quote from dkmoto1

Quote from jackel668

There has been a lot of reports in the last day or so about people who play normally using no hacks bots etc being banned, but they have been doing sakorath runs or GF'ing act 3 which is what most of the scripts are setup to do, so it might just be that blizzard have been monitoring what type of activity people have been doing and if they fall in certain parameters they ban them.

Someone botting/using hacks wouldn't complain about it as they know they are in the wrong, an innocent person caught in the cross fire should be fine, you will probably be better off trying to call them tho, as the ticket response is often the same "sorry we cant do anything blah blah blah" at least when you call someone they actually tell you what it was that you were supposed to have done and you can explain your actions better to them.

No, you always try to get banned accounts unbanned..... You can request reviews, etc. and Team Viewer sounds like perfect excuse. Nobody farms Sarkaroth for fun by hand, you do it with a bot. If you had real control you would be farming something else that makes ALOT more money than running a Sark script. Even if he was just at work and could only play a few min here and there he couldve farmed alot better places by hand....like warrior rest, where a game takes 30seconds and you can resume the checkpoint at any time.......

No, not everyone does, there are a lot of people that have been banned for violations and they have not tried to get it un-banned as they knew that they were in the wrong, they just went and bought new accounts and started again.

You should try playing via teamvierwer when one end doesn't have the best connection in the world, sarkaroth would be the safest thing to do as if you tried to do act 4 NM you would end up dead several times over. Or the other reason may be that he might have to disconnect quick or something else and again sarkaroth is the best and easiest thing in this circumstance.

I do a similar thing when i have to go into the office for work.
    They sent a massive wave of bans out yesterday, got a lot of bots and scripts, it's possible a few genuine people got caught in there especially if using a third party program + running the same areas as the bots do. You should have got an email though, and I'd agree with others - talk to them over the phone, you'll get a much better response.
    I tried talking to them on the phone, after being on hold for ONE HOUR! i guy finally responded and all that he could do is this SHEAT:

first of all I would like to apologize for the long waiting queue, we are aware of the service level provided at the moment and we are implementing changes to our system in order to lower the waiting time, we know its far from great right now.

Regarding the issue, as we talked on the phone I have now escalated your case for penalty review and you will be contact by email once the investigation is finished

So....yeah,,,,
    What did you expect the guy on the phone to do? When you call in you just get base line call center grunts, I'd be surprised if you even got someone that isn't in India or some place like that. They can help with a lot of problems, but you're asking for a major investigation into the activity of your account. The most they can do is escalate it to the people with the know-how and tools to do what you need.

It's still good that you called because at the very least it IS going to those people, and I'm willing to bet a lot faster than an in-game support ticket would.
    Yeah, it might, but from what i have read on the Blizz forum, people are getting banned left and right, and do not seems to go unbanned. One guy got banned or having a macro on his mouse, that came with the freeking mouse, which was guess what, SteelSeries Diablo 3 official mouse... so yeah... how you like them apples ?
    OP is full of shit, blizz will not ban for using teamviewer EVER.

I have been using it for years to help people in wow with simple things like setting up addons, configuring their action bars and helping them to learn shit.

I too use it to play d3 from work because i know how it sucks to have access to a restricted computer, but i have not been banned and i been doing it from day 1. (use to because you can't really get anywhere in inferno with the amount of input delay)
    Calling people full of shit just because you didn`t get banned is a dick move on your end.
    Maybe you haven`t taken a look on the forums, but people that didn`t even use team viewer got banned,
    Shouldn't you have a message on your battle.net account? Or can you not even log into that and check?

Anyways it's best just to mail them, and I wouldn't risk using any form of program to play the game.
    I have an email, and an open ticket, but it does not look like it will get solved soon, since they toss out tsunami waves of banns,
    Some of which are wrongfully done, my only hope is that upon review they will see that my account/me did not break thier ToS/EULA.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes