Mike Morhaime D3 State Update - but... what alt change?

Quote from Sigma

so much "Wait an see what have planned" bullshit from him.
    we allready know that legenderies will be buffed, we know pvp is comming.
    and we even know that class balancing is just around the corner.

so with that in hand what he has confirmed for us is

They were suprised about the problems at launch.
    Well fuck me sidways with a cactus ! Even blind Sherlock Holmes could have seen that comming.

They are introducing somthing new for end game. (im interested in seeing what)
    And how long before the forums explode with people bitching about this.

"We are also committed to ensuring you have a great experience with Diablo III without feeling like the auction house is mandatory, which was never our intention."
    It may never have been the intention, but how many players have never used the AH (to sell or buy) Of course the AH is mandatory, theres no way around it. and Blizzard know this.

Honestly, he has blown so much smoke up peoples ass's with this post I find it difficult to belive that he has not sat behind his desk and though " I better make a post about somthing to distract people from all the fuckup's in the game" and guess what, it worked, people lapping it up like a cat would drink fresh cream.

The solution is simple: stop playing the game. The one thing I'm truly boggled by on the internet is that people who loathe a game don't just stop playing they come on the forums and rage like it's going to make a difference (goes for all games, not just D3). I tried out Age of Conan and Warhammer Online. when I realized they sucked I stopped playing them and moved on to something else. I didn't rush to the forums and make up a bunch of guesses as to what the developers were doing and planning.

At this point nothing they say is going to make you happy, so that begs the question: Why are you still worried about it?
    Quote from Daanland

uber thanks to Mike Morhaime for this update!
    http://eu.battle.net...ic/4940437236#1

my major interest is (and i hope you will all theorycraft on this!) is the following in his statement below:

"We’re also working on a gameplay system that will provide players who have max-level, high-powered characters new goals to strive for as an alternative to the “item hunt.” We’re not ready to get into specifics just yet, but I can say that we’re actively taking your feedback into account as we plan out the future of the game."

i am an honest blank or block as to what they could introduce....? anyone?

I think i already got a glimpse of it sometime back when my game client crashed.... there appeared a banner on the top right corner of the screen which said Boss Challenge, which i then thought was a new feature added that i had missed to notice before.....tried to cancel the error msg and restart the client and it was gone.....so now either i was dreaming being half sleepy or its what we can expect :)...... in My opinion its gonna be a area with only boss (rare, elite, champion packs). not sure if they will drop loot or not..... hahaha....
    bliz knows that they do not need to release all the content at one shot. coz players will just burn through it as quick as they can release it and get bored and complain about the game all over again.

the only real challenge "max level high powered players" need is a level where there are elite / rare packs everywhere with all the affixes / suffixes on them and the mobs there only drop ilevel 63 items, perfect gems (no gold) and there is a counter for every level that spawns a random d3 boss that also has additional random mods like those on elite packs.

=P
    I'm excited to see what may be added to this game that has such tremendous potential. However, I'm a bit skeptical that they will 'knock our socks off' ....which is the extent to which they must go to stave off the bleeding.

My simple formula for massive game-play improvement without getting into detail;

1) Make plenty of side areas/quests with very serious difficulty levels.
    2) Create a more dynamic item template.i.e. We need more 'different' kinds of items to drop. Something besides armor and weapons.
    3) Buff certain items to have a potential to be quite over-powered.
    4) Buff under-powered, under-used and poorly designed skills without nerfing the popular ones.
    You've been quite vocal about itemization and I had this crazy idea....

On class-specific items, allow the class-specific bonus(es) to not take up affix slots. Essentially, class-specific items would have 7 affix slots, and 2 more "free" slots that would only be used on the class-specific bonuses.

IE: Witch Doctor mojo... if it rolls mana regeneration or maximum mana, that wouldn't eat up a slot for something else. That would make class-specific items more attractive than generic items, but it wouldn't completely write off generic items as useless either.
    p427 :: 89.1k EK :: 2.47m TK
    Planet Express <PlanEx>
    (V) (°,,°) (V)
    Quote from Seditiar

Quote from GeNMaKB

Quote from Seditiar

I personally think it's an awesome game, even after 600 hours of actively playing it. But they have no excuse for the server problems at launch, NO excuse.

Most massive launch of a PC game of all time and it's unforgivable that Blizzard had server problems?

Exactly. They never learn. They've had problems with every World of Warcraft expansion so far. It's ridiculous to say the least, they should have played it safe.

I agree with you even if I understand (but condemn) Blizzard not wanting to invest more money in servers just for the week launch (huge activity) and then have oversized servers for regular activity when they just can spend less money, have a bad launch and then the servers are enough for regular activity.
    Quote from shaggy

You've been quite vocal about itemization and I had this crazy idea....

On class-specific items, allow the class-specific bonus(es) to not take up affix slots. Essentially, class-specific items would have 7 affix slots, and 2 more "free" slots that would only be used on the class-specific bonuses.

IE: Witch Doctor mojo... if it rolls mana regeneration or maximum mana, that wouldn't eat up a slot for something else. That would make class-specific items more attractive than generic items, but it wouldn't completely write off generic items as useless either.

This solution is so obvious that I expected class specific items to work like this when I started playing the game. I expected a DH chest to have an advantage over a regular chest while it's almost just a class restriction with sometimes a DH bonus taking the place of a regular bonus. At least quivers, sources and mojos have ias or additional damage as a base bonus, making them completely different from shields.
    So my vision of the end game = farming of loot to sell on RMAH

Short story - I *was* a WoW addict. I quit several times over the course of the last two expansions. When Cata hit I was one of the very few JC's on our server that sold epic gems. I racked up millions. At that point, I didn't care about guild raiding or questing. It was all the same stuff with different graphics. I swore off MMO's because really, what was I going to do with my milions of gold on WoW AH? Black market it and chance being banned? No. Of course not. So I just up and quit. Never went back.

Fast forward to 2 weeks after D3 was released. I was in Gamestop chatting and what? What was that Mr. Gamestop employee? You can make REAL MONEY on the AH in D3? I'll take it! So here I am now. Why? Because I can sell imaginary items on the AH for real money and even sell my imaginary gold pieces for real money. Fancy. So I suppose until I get bored farming elites and making money in my spare time, I'll still play D3. Sure I'd like to see new zones to farm. Sure I'd like to level new classes. Sign me up.

Please do not sign me up for PvP or laddering. What good is this? Perhaps that's the realist in me, but I do NOcare about bragging rights, "Hey peers, look at me. I'm a grown up and I'm the top of the ladder in Sanctuary!! My monk can beat your monk/barb/WD up!" Not only does that mean absolutely NOTHING to the average person, but is that really an accomplisment? That you can mouse/push buttons faster than others? Hurray, good job....
    How about a map editor..... :(

I know it won't happen but one can only hope.
    Looking forward to these changes.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes