Farming Guide for Act 2 Inferno

This is a comprehensive guide to help you know what to farm and where to farm it in act 2 inferno.

1.The guide assumes you are able to do act 2 without dying too much, 1 death for each 10 elites at maximum would be best. I use a decently geared monk for this (http://eu.battle.net...1/hero/15102566)

2. [u]By chest i mean Resplendent Chest in this guide, except for quests started by opening a chest..[/u]

3. [u]I know i am missing several places (especially the event where there are only elites and for which i would be happy for any help received in refinding it again).[/u]

[u]4. You should not enter any other dungeons/portals/etc. that are not mentioned in this guide (most of them are either bad for farming or have only "secret vendors").[/u]

[/u]

You should start from Quest 8, The Black Soultstone, last part (Soulstone Chamber). So here are the places:

- Sewers of Caldeum: small area, with 1-2 elites, a good chance of a goblin and a decent chance for a chest

- Black Canyon Mines: small area with 2-4 elite and a decent chance for a goblin
    "This region has a chance to spawn a small cellar (SW corner only) that has a purple worm, if you kill it you get a cave dungeon with 1-3 elites and a chest.
    The region to the south (Howling Plateau, to get to it cross the bridge) of this has 2-4 elites and a very good chance of spawning the Sirrico Caverns with 1-2 elites per level and a chest (however this is a big cavern, maybe not worth, more data required) , plus 3 potential events that give either a chest or an elite group in the center of the map." (Courtesy of Deducter)

- Stinging Winds: enter from WP Road to Alcarnus
    decent sized area with around 1-2 elites and a chance for a goblin;
    "There's a good chance of spawning the Forgotten Ruins, which has 2 levels with 2-3 elites per level and a good chance for goblins/chest on the second level.
    There are also 2 potential events that spawns elite packs (Necromancer + unnamed event where you open a normal chest and an elite group of Lacuni always attacks) and 1 event that spawns a chest." (Courtesy of deducter)

- Alcarnus : very small area with 1-2 elites;
    enter from Road to Alcarnus (right [east] and up [north])
    only do the first part, do not go up the stairs

- Path to Oasis/Dahlghur Oasis: huge area with 4-6 elites and a good chance for a goblin and a chest in one of the dungeons.
    you should enter the following dungeons each with one elite:
    -Old Fisherman's Cellar, Swampy Cellar, Ancient Cave.
    In Path to Oasis, in the South East, there is a possible event started by a started by a merchant (Zaven the Alchemist) which opens another dungeon for you (Mysterious Cave, 2 levels). This has ~3 elites, a chance for a goblin and for a chest. Here you can also find Liquid Rainbow required for the Pony level.
    The event in the middle of Path to the Oasis never spawns an elite so DO NOT do it.
    The Forgotten Ruins are found in Dahlghur Oasis: medium sized with 2-3 elites and a decent chance for a goblin
    Flooded Cave is found in Dahlghur Oasis: medium-big sized area with 5-6 elites, 1 chest and a good chance for a goblin
    Swampy Cellar maybe found in the N part of Dahlghur Oasis (does not appear in all games; NE from the waypoint): 1 guaranted elite monster here. However, this is one of the hardest elites in Act2, depending on the affixes of the elite and on your class (due to the small space melee classes have an easier time here).

- Ancient Path/Desolate Sands: huge area with 4-6 elites, a good chance for a goblin. Here you can find:
    - Cave of the Betrayer: big area, around 4 elites with a good chance for 1-2 goblins
    - Vault of the Assasin: medium/big area, with 4-8 elites and a decent chance for a goblin
    - Cave of the Burrowing Horror: Appears after you kill a unique Rockworm in Desolate Sands. medium sized area with ~3 elites and a chance for a goblin and a chest.
    - Vile Cavern: medium sized area with ~4 elites and a chest most of the times.

Zoltun Kulle Archives:
    - Storm Halls: medium sized area with ~4 elites
    - Unknown Depths: medium sized area with ~4-5 elites
    - I DO NOT recommend going to Realm of Shadow as there is only 1 elite there (I still have to check DeadlyBonne's statement).
    - After this you can kill Zoltun Kulle.

Kill Belial - quite fast to reach him and easy for most classes. There always is a unique pack of casters right before him and then him as well. Doable in 5-7 minutes.

Feedback appreciated.

Version 1.00 - Original Guide.
    Version 1.01 - Updated Black Canion Mines and Stinging Winds. Updated the number of elites and goblins in some areas.
    Version 1.1 - Updated information about requirements to farm Act2; added and verified data on all the areas; transformed the guide into a comprehensive guide about where to farm in Act2; did some formating to make it easiear to read (currently updating the guide to 1.1).

I would like to thank deducter and Nimo for their precious input.

Is there definitely no elites up the stairs?
    Quote from Midoree

Is there definitely no elites up the stairs?

From my experience so far (about only 5 runs) I have found not one elite.
    Quote from ilumm

Vault of the Assasin: medium/big area, with 4-7 elites and a decent chance for a goblin

I have seen 8 elites in this dungeon before.

Quote from ilumm

Cave of the Betrayer: big area, around 4 elites with a good chance for a goblin

I have seen two goblins spawn here, one for each level.

- Stinging Winds: decent sized area with around 2 elites and a chance for a goblin;
    enter from WP Road to Alcarnus

There's a good chance of spawning the Forgotten Ruins, which has 2 levels with 2-3 elites per level and a good chance for goblins/chest on the second level.

There are also 2 potential events that spawns elite packs (Necromancer + unnamed event where you open a normal chest and an elite group of Lacuni always attacks) and 1 event that spawns a chest.

- Black Canyon Mines: small area with 2-4 elite and a decent chance for a goblin

This region has a chance to spawn a small cellar (SW corner only) that has a purple worm, if you kill it you get a cave dungeon with 1-3 elites and a chest.

The region to the south of this has 2-4 elites and a very good chance of spawning the Sirrico Caverns with 1-2 elites per level and a chest, plus 3 potential events that give either a chest or an elite group in the center of the map.

Zoltun Kulle Archives:
    - Storm Halls: medium sized area with ~4 elites
    - Unknown Depths: medium sized area with ~4-5 elites
    - I DO NOT recommend going to Realm of Shadow as there is only 1 elite there.
    - After this you can kill Zoltun Kulle.

The number of elites in the ZK archives seems to be very random, I've seen only 2-3 in Storm Halls/Unknown Depths and 2-4 in Realm of Shadow. Given the large size of these dungeons, the density is rather low, and I'm not sure they are worth doing.
    Thank you Nimo and Deducter. I will this data.
    Very Nice thx alot... Gonna try this tomorrow when i reach home

The number of elites in the ZK archives seems to be very random, I've seen only 2-3 in Storm Halls/Unknown Depths and 2-4 in Realm of Shadow. Given the large size of these dungeons, the density is rather low, and I'm not sure they are worth doing.

I tend to disagree with you here regarding SH and UK. I have done them multiple times and a friend of mine has done them over 100 hours and still swears by them.

I think the problem here is that they are harder then the rest of the act and you generally slow down your pace here (I mean in general) and as such, the number of elites killed/hour drops. With a character which can beat here with ease it is clearly worth it.

Another think i have noticed is that i do a lot better here with my monk than with my DH and that my barb friend also does really well here (unless he runs into shield elites).
    I'd like to comment on the Vault of the Assassin. It definately has got more elites than 4-8. I think the minimum I've ever seen was 7 and the highest was 11. Maybe you can rephrase it to ~8 instead of 4-8.

I also have one thing to mention about the Dahlgur Oasis. I believe there is 100% chance for one eventlike dungeon here. I don't know the name of the dungeon, but make sure to look for the temple'ish area and do this part.You will see those lizards spawn and you will have to pull 2 levers to open the door. Once you pulled 1 lever, you get 1 elite pack and after the 2nd you can go inside. Once inside you will find 1-2 elite packs and after pulling the lever inside a door opens which holds a chest, which drops boss-like loot (~1-x rares with 5 stacks of valor buff). Imo the other events are not really worth the trouble, because purple named spawns usually drop garbage only.
    imo dahlgur oasis is not worth it. its too big of an area in relation to how many elites there are. so that area is very timeconsuming. besides that, dahlgur oasis' caves/sub-levels sucks aswell. ancient cave has 0 elites, but 1 res.chest (which sucks hard).
    I never recommend "cave" dungeons in Act 2. They are confined spaces that make kiting difficult. The time it takes is not worth the reward. You'll move faster by skipping the caves.

ancient cave has 0 elites, but 1 res.chest (which sucks hard).

Ancient cave, much like watch tower in act 1, can have 0 elites, but it can also have up to 4. 2 per level. So it's not always 0, but sometimes, yeah.

I've never seen more than 1 in the realm of shadow. The other 2 are decent for elites as long as you don't get the fallen lunatic ones. Those are a waste of an elite roll.
    I would like to thank anyone for their feedback.
    As soon as I can I will add all new data to the guide and after i finish my work assignments i will start testing all the hypotheses presented here.

On a similar note: Is anyone interested in playing with me on EU (having a mic is a plus).
    Quote from lorien1973

I never recommend "cave" dungeons in Act 2. They are confined spaces that make kiting difficult. The time it takes is not worth the reward. You'll move faster by skipping the caves.

ancient cave has 0 elites, but 1 res.chest (which sucks hard).

Ancient cave, much like watch tower in act 1, can have 0 elites, but it can also have up to 4. 2 per level. So it's not always 0, but sometimes, yeah.

are you sure you are talking about the ancient cave with these electric eels only? because i believe there are other caves in dahlgur oasis that can also randomly spawn (flooded cave?) that i've heard has got elites in them. but i've been to ancient cave 3 times and it had 0 elites, only electric eels.
    theres 3 elite packs in real of shadow, two packs that fly around and giants that hide under ground. Its possible to miss them if u dont search the right places. U could miss them easy yes its possible if u take the route to the exit. Advantage there is there is little trash, so u can just run fast to find them. At least as melee u can just run and dont bother with the small black thingies, they slow u down. If u avoid them untill u got a large group to slay, its pretty quick.
    are you sure you are talking about the ancient cave with these electric eels only? because i believe there are other caves in dahlgur oasis that can also randomly spawn (flooded cave?) that i've heard has got elites in them. but i've been to ancient cave 3 times and it had 0 elites, only electric eels.

Might be flooded cave, I dunno - I don't remember names of these dungeons :). 2 levels. But remember, oasis has (I believe) 4 dungeons (all very short) that will always spawn elites. In the NE corner, then the 2 lever thing with the dungeon and a chest (1 elite at first lever, at least 1 elite in the dungeon to open the treasure room), then another one where you go up a small stairs, pull a lever - which drains water which opens a dungeon (elite in there, with a resp chest. And another one. Not to mention the oasis event with either the lacuna or the fat undead dude - if you touch the skeletons around the lake.

I kinda like the oasis myself, but the elites do tend to group up near the northern end of the place. So that kinda sucks about it.
    Quote from lorien1973

Might be flooded cave, I dunno - I don't remember names of these dungeons :). 2 levels. But remember, oasis has (I believe) 4 dungeons (all very short) that will always spawn elites. In the NE corner, then the 2 lever thing with the dungeon and a chest (1 elite at first lever, at least 1 elite in the dungeon to open the treasure room), then another one where you go up a small stairs, pull a lever - which drains water which opens a dungeon (elite in there, with a resp chest. And another one. Not to mention the oasis event with either the lacuna or the fat undead dude - if you touch the skeletons around the lake.

I kinda like the oasis myself, but the elites do tend to group up near the northern end of the place. So that kinda sucks about it.

some of those you talk about (the fat undead dude) is not an elite nor a champion. he's just wannabe (yellow/purple text), and won't give NV nor drop good gear. I bet he isn't affected by MF at all. all wannabees just drop pure shit.

edit: theres also this shaman by a pool that summons kamikaze-guys, he's a wannabe too. pure waste of time.
    Big Update - 1.1
    I like potatoes.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes