WARNING: DO NOT BUY UNiD'd items - item codes revealing affixes

If you've been reading the official forums, there is a way to view the number and type of affixes on unid items that have been popular to sell in the /trade channel. DO NOT BUY THEM.

Here is the link to the thread on the official forums (while it still exists)
    http://us.battle.net...opic/6079611484

There is a method in the linking of the item in game that will allow the player to see the codes, then apply that list of codes to the affix list on the links below (LINKS REMOVED) that will tell the player how many, and what affixes are on the unid'd item. If it's good, it's kept. If it's not, it's sold to some unwary buyer in trade. Otherwise known as scammed.
    Why people would buy unid items to begin with is beyond what my brain can comprehend.
    It's been a gamble, much as Gheed was in D2. I've sold unid items in trade, but I never knew about this code revealing process until this morning.
    My thread about this just got deleted, so, yeah. Might want to edit out the links or something? I dunno what actually caused it to be deleted.

Quote from Highlander

It's been a gamble, much as Gheed was in D2. I've sold unid items in trade, but I never knew about this code revealing process until this morning.

It's been around since the game launched, though. ;)
    Quote from Typho

Why people would buy unid items to begin with is beyond what my brain can comprehend.

Gambling in D2 was a huge deal. People like gambling. This is like gambling.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CrazyPoochification - Let's Play of Eastern Sun/Other stuff
    Quote from Dontbanmebro

My thread about this just got deleted, so, yeah. Might want to edit out the links or something? I dunno what actually caused it to be deleted.

Quote from Highlander

It's been around since the game launched, though. ;)

No doubt, but knowing how to do it, and what the list of codes meant hasn't been revealed to the majority of D3 players till now.
    Hopefully this will be fixed today or tomorrow.

But it won't stop people hoarding the junk un'id items and saving them for a couple weeks to unload when people think it's over.
    I think it will tarnish the sales of UNiD's and they won't ever be as popular as they were. Don't think this will be a quick fix either.
    disable linking of items, problem fixed.
    I'm fairly sure theres some way to "drop an item on the ground and it shows as identified and you can ctrl+click to see stats, and then pick it back up and its unid again"..

I dropped an Archon Crown once by accident while trying to switch to mf gear. On the ground it said a name rather than the Archon Crown. I picked it up again and once again it was the unid Archon Crown.

Everything went a bit fast and might have been some kinda lag incident, but I wasnt able to reproduce whatever I did. But I wouldn't be surprised if someone knew how to do this exploit.
    Quote from eple

disable linking of items, problem fixed.

That is the worst fix imaginable.
    Quote from eple

disable linking of UNIDENTIFIED items, problem fixed.

Fixed your fix.
    I found this out about 3 weeks or so ago and I was like um WTF then I took a look closer I was like lol um holly shit! I can see what these items could be.. GG Bliz unfinished product.
    I wanna know how to do it! Cba looting crap from the ground!
    by the way.. this exploit was in the game from the start. the people who knew about it were keeping it very very quiet.

people found out about it from linking made up items (which blizzard fixed already). the process to link made up items revealed this exploit.
    Quote from Bodycount1

by the way.. this exploit was in the game from the start. the people who knew about it were keeping it very very quiet.

people found out about it from linking made up items (which blizzard fixed already). the process to link made up items revealed this exploit.

Sneaky hackers. I have been selling UNIDs but had no idea about this, I'm sure prices are going to go way down and stay down after they fix it..
    Quote from Typho

Let me help you out since your brain cant comprehend much:

I buy unidentified weps all the time for 250k, say I buy 40 and invest a cool 10m, after identifying them all I ALWAYS make back my 10m. Most of the time I make atleast 20m, on good days 1 of those weps is worth 100m+.
    As an update, you can now get the exact stats of any item through a python script. Estimation of stat ranges no longer necessary.
    I am very happy I did not spend real money on this, when people are manipulating the system.
    "You should be Thankful!?"
    -J.W.
    Quote from Typho

Tons of people buy scratch cards at gas stations whats the difference? At least this way you only lose gold and not real money when your item sucks. But you can get rich. I bought an ammy for 400k and it sold for 12 mil. But this was before everyone knew how to ID there items without actually iDing them.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes